Kat Reach Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update Time!!!

So while 405th has been down, I finished pepping both forearms and biceps, and resined them. I also resined the helmet and did a bit of rondo on the inside of it.

Aaaand here are some pictures!!

Bicep:
IMG_0719_zps046e33be.jpg

IMG_2685_zps5d7882ee.jpg

Forearm:
IMG_91801_zpsa8b17a3c.jpg

IMG_9911_zps178eb3ea.jpg

Both sets of biceps and forearms look the same, so I only put one of each up :p

totally subbing to this thread! Great job on the kat helmet by the way, that indented part of details on the back of it were SUCH a pain to pep! I kinda just said "screw it" and didn't do a lot of those details, so I'm really impressed at how clean yours turned out! Can't wait to see more -Anna

anna, yeah omg those details were ridiculous! and there were parts where my super glue wouldn't even hold it together, so there are a couple of rough spots, but it's about reminding yourself that what you build is custom, so it's allowed to be different from everyone elses :p

Here's another update! I finished pepping my chest yesterday and basically got it done in a day and a half. Now all I really have left to pep is my shoulders and knees, but i could prolly do all 4 of those within an hour. All of my pieces (except the chest) have been resined, so I'm going to dedicate Tuesday to fiberglassing. I have no idea how long it will take, but considering I'm close to painting and the fun stuff, I want to try to get it all done then...that's the goal anyways.
AND THE PICTURES!:)

Chest (front):
IMG_0446_zps4dea2b69.jpg

Chest (back):
image_zps8a173628.jpg

this pep file didnt come with supports, so I'll either have to make my own, or I'll find sticks that are long enough to put it how it should be for the resin process

This is the start of a good set of armor. I am starting to make a set of Kat armor for my fiancé while the resin on my armor parts are drying. Which Kat pep file did you use? I've read there is one that doesn't quite look right compared to the in-game one.

Good work on pep tho, I use super glue and I feel your pain as far as pulling your fingers from super glued paper, it blows!

tlooney2-They were all files unfolded by Halogoddess. They came in this huge pep-pack that I downloaded. It has a bunch of different armor in it. I've found that a pedegg works wonders on your fingers as far as taking off super glue without peeling off half of your skin with it!:)
LNB AKA Killer- thanks! My deadline is Halloween, but I'd like it done before that so I dont have to worry about it :)

Im going to cut it because its small in general. Being a female, I wanted my armor a bit more fitted instead of large and bulky. The plan is to cut it and bondo buckles to the inside of it after its fiber glassed :)

Good good, I would do the same. Even if it was bigger, it is not worth it to have it in one giant part because transportation sucks. In two parts, you can lay them together to reduce the size, just like you can stuff the gauntlets into the thigh armor to save space. Do you plan to add LED lighting to your armor?

yes thats what the plan is! that's why on my chest. there are some holes in it. Saves time and effort later so i dont have to cut it out after its been resined and fiber glassed :)

For the chest, I'm not attaching straps. It'll just be the buckles where I cut the piece at. But i believe for the other pieces, it'll be regular strapping

Looking great so far! It will be nice to see another Kat out there, and I read about what you're doing for you're boyfriend, that's really sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back