Emile Kukri
Download: Emile Kukri, Unfold by L3X BLU3R1V3R

Jorge Torso
Download: Jorge Torso, Unfold by carpathiavh99

Spartan Torso (V2)
Download: Spartan Torso (V2), Unfold by L3X BLU3R1V3R

L3XComp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get the silver paint to follow the creases and fold so cleanly? Just curious cause i really like it!

Alright, so i'm finally ready to reveal my Emile Build. Currently I have both biceps finished, along with the right shoulder. The Torso is about 95% done, im going to be getting all the little canisters tomorrow. Then ill just have to figure out how attach them to it. Ignore the helmet im wearing in the one pic of me, it was just there to help the picture look better lol.

IMAG0230.jpg

Gonna be building the left shoulder, the forearms, and the kukri today. Then on to the legs. And then finally the helmet, im saving it till last just because im still contemplating how i want to the the visor.

What did you use for the visor on the odst helmet?

They paint job on the Shoulder Plate looks fantastic. Anyway we can talk you in to a mini tut or break down of how you did it?

looking great so far, your paint job is pretty sweet. also loved your torso file just wish i had gotten the updated version with supports.

Here's L3X's section in Post #2, the DL link is in there:
Thanks Ruze, i appriciate the quickness!

How did you get the silver paint to follow the creases and fold so cleanly? Just curious cause i really like it!
Could you possibly explain what part you're talking about?

What did you use for the visor on the odst helmet?
I got it with my ODST kit that i got from Sean Bradley, back when he was doing the halloween runs last year.

They paint job on the Shoulder Plate looks fantastic. Anyway we can talk you in to a mini tut or break down of how you did it?
Sure, when i do the left shoulder i will have my brother shoot a video of me painting it and ill edit it up and probably put it on youtube or something.

looking great so far, your paint job is pretty sweet. also loved your torso file just wish i had gotten the updated version with supports.
Thanks, ya when i redid the model i decided to add the supports because i had trouble when i did my mark 6 back last summer. I'm also releasing a new ab piece that connects to the front of that torso file. It would become one piece so it might restrict a little bit of the movement but i think that it looks pretty good.

Alright, so i'm finally ready to reveal my Emile Build. Currently I have both biceps finished, along with the right shoulder. The Torso is about 95% done, im going to be getting all the little canisters tomorrow. Then ill just have to figure out how attach them to it. Ignore the helmet im wearing in the one pic of me, it was just there to help the picture look better lol.
IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

Gonna be building the left shoulder, the forearms, and the kukri today. Then on to the legs. And then finally the helmet, im saving it till last just because im still contemplating how i want to the the visor.

What ODST helmet is that? and what visor? Is it Sean Bradley's?

Hey really nice job specificly on the shoulder! Do you have already a paperkura file for the helmet cauz I really want to do one for me :)

PS: I don't want to tell you but unfortunatly your chest does not look like that in the game :/ Curse you paperkura file noob creater, you runed L3X BLU3R1V3R's armor!

What ODST helmet is that? and what visor? Is it Sean Bradley's?
Kiba, i'm sorry if i seem blunt about this, but if you literally would have taken the time to read through the thread, let alone the post above yours, you would have seen that I have already answered that question twice. This is that final time ill be answering this question, all others will be ignored, this thread is about my Emile build, not my ODST helmet. Yes, it is a Sean Bradley, i got it from him last year from his halloween run. Now if you could please edit your post and delete all of the pictures besides the one with my odst helmet, im sure the people who dont have really fast internet would be thankful. thankyou

Hey really nice job specificly on the shoulder! Do you have already a paperkura file for the helmet cauz I really want to do one for me :)

PS: I don't want to tell you but unfortunatly your chest does not look like that in the game :/ Curse you paperkura file noob creater, you runed L3X BLU3R1V3R's armor!
Thanks, if you look through the Official Reach Pepakura thread, you'll see that there are a lot of files covering pretty much anything that you would need to start a build. It would definitely be the best place to start. I'm slightly confused by the second part of your post, the file i used for the chest is one that i designed. Its just missing some paint and the attachments which im going to be adding soon. And welcome to the 405th!!!

nice shoulder! im loving the red colour, this is going to be an impressive build!
Thanks!! I seriously stood at the spray paint section at the store with a pic of Emile on my phone for like 10 minutes going from one can of red to the next trying to figure out the right one lol. Ive been watching you Kat thread and its going to be a great one too!!

Hey I love your Emile build. I'm a total n00b, but I loved your right shoulder so much it has inspired me to work on that as my first project, ever. The distressing on the shoulder is fantastic! It's mindblowing. Your right shoulder seems to be the best right shoulder for Emile I've seen, by far. But one problem I have noticed with it is that in the cutout on the right side of the shoulder (the rectangle that is on what would be the fron of the SPARTAN), in pics of Emile and the renders and the McFarlane figure, that the cutout is less of a cutout and more or less slants in to a small thin vertical rectangle. The Bungie renders show it as a dull rectangle. Either way, your work is amazing, I can't wait to see more.

damn good Kukri unfold Lex. very simple. i think i may have found a new blade for my custom ODST build.

once again very nice unfold.

L3X, I tried downloading your torso file from the Official Reach Files thread, but it's not letting me. When the countdown ends and I try to download it, it says google error. Could you rehost it?

Hey L3X, great job on the suit so far! I'm building your torso file and I had a quick question, is the depth and width in Pepakura switched around? Because I measure the width of my chest, put that into Pepakura's Width + extra for padding, and the chest looks like it would only fit a 6 year old.

I've run into other files where it seems like width is actually the depth, vice versa...so I was just hoping you could clear this up. I'm attempting to build the torso for the 3rd time, each time scaling up a bit but I'm still curious. Maybe I just put the wrong number in. Thanks!

L3X, I tried downloading your torso file from the Official Reach Files thread, but it's not letting me. When the countdown ends and I try to download it, it says google error. Could you rehost it?
Hmm, before i rehost it, try downloading this. Emile.zip It's my Emile file collection. if it doesnt, let me know and ill send you an email with the file in it.

Hey L3X, great job on the suit so far! I'm building your torso file and I had a quick question, is the depth and width in Pepakura switched around? Because I measure the width of my chest, put that into Pepakura's Width + extra for padding, and the chest looks like it would only fit a 6 year old.

I've run into other files where it seems like width is actually the depth, vice versa...so I was just hoping you could clear this up. I'm attempting to build the torso for the 3rd time, each time scaling up a bit but I'm still curious. Maybe I just put the wrong number in. Thanks!
Well, i just looked in to it, and it depends on the file you are using. If the file is named Reach_Torso_L3X_Carpathiavh99.pdo, then yes, it is sideways. I would highly recommend using this file instead Reach Torso V2 . Its a slightly modified version that also comes with supports. Let me know if this helps!

Just a quick noobish question...How exactly did you scale the shoulders? Specifically the right one. The scaling tutorials aren't helping me with this one. Thanks

Just a quick noobish question...How exactly did you scale the shoulders? Specifically the right one. The scaling tutorials aren't helping me with this one. Thanks
Its currently scaled to fit me, im 6'6". I really wouldnt worry about downsizing it unless you are shorter than 5'6" or so. Or if you really want to, take off a centimeter for every 2-3 inches shorter than 6'6" you are. that would probably be alright.

Alright people, today is my first day off work in 7 days, and i plan on getting a lot of work in today, expect updated pictures soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back