Leekegan Pep Mark V

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeKegan said:
I also put the EOD together over the last couple of days.

helment005.jpg

helment006.jpg

helment007.jpg

helment008.jpg

Awesome! Nice work on the EOD bucket, it only looks a bit sexier than mine. With all those smart curves, and large-easy-to-hold-onto-while-taping-at-the-same-time-edges. *sigh* mine twas HD *slight twinge of jealousy*

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep's fine, but all those new-fangled 'smoothed' files aren't always all they've been cracked up to. I'd personally have settled for something with a few more fold lines.

Nice work, though!

Arcanine said:
Pep's fine, but all those new-fangled 'smoothed' files aren't always all they've been cracked up to. I'd personally have settled for something with a few more fold lines.

Nice work, though!

Funny, I'm kinda on the same page... Smoothed files don't always have the support that regular ones do, they tend to sag and stuff. The EOD is an exception though. The origional was really blockey. Again, good work!

Boba Fett said:
Always makes me wonder what the mk. V would have looked like had Bungie had the tech to make it at the level halo 3 or Reach is at... I DO prefer the classic though..

It definitely needs those sharper edges, thinking about making one myself, hey what happened to the other quote I had?

Aaron said:
Nice! Is that your first pep? Cause if it is, then looking awsome! So how will you go about hardening, Rondo, or good ol' fiberglass(It's my understanding that rondo is easier :p)

It also De-fume's WAY faster.

Thank you to everyones comments. I am finished with these peps. They were commisioned by Ben Streeper and have been shipped off to him today.

WHAAAT? Lee did a build using only paper? :eek

juliet76 said:
:eek Where the hell did this come from??? Lol, Lee out of all the great props that you've made this is the biggest surprise yet! Congratulations on stepping outside of your comfort zone mate. ;)

It's looking good so far too. Nice folds and as neat as guys like us can get it. I know what you mean about the pain. A lot of the younger guys and gals here seem to breeze through the pep parts of the armour making, but I wish the designers would allow for some of us older people who can no longer operate a Transformer toy without breaking it and come up with some more low def files. I've got an ODST helmet sitting here that I've almost finished pepping but started well over a year ago. :p

Keep at it Lee, looking forward to further updates.

Yeah, what he said, lol. You did a helluva bang-up job on both those helmets, buddy. I don't doubt Ben will like what he receives :)

And juliet76, you've got a pepped ODST helmet that's been sitting around for well over a year? Big deal. Look at my Mk VI. Started that sucker about three years ago, and it's still not done :p

LeeKegan said:
Thank you to everyones comments. I am finished with these peps. They were commisioned by Ben Streeper and have been shipped off to him today.

What? They're not for you? Dammit! When are we going to see you in some armour Lee? Weapons alone won't protect you from the covies you know. And what sort of armour would you do for yourself? I always figured you'd go the marine root.

And a big HUZZAH! for Ben getting you to try new things! :D

SPARTAN II said:
And juliet76, you've got a pepped ODST helmet that's been sitting around for well over a year? Big deal. Look at my Mk VI. Started that sucker about three years ago, and it's still not done :p

Wanna race? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back