Legendary Armor Ma5C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Alright, alright. So, it's not ACTUALLY a Legendary Armor MA5C. BUT, what it is, is a file that'll help you make your own.

Or at least, it will be eventually. Right now I'm trying to work out a few bugs with the faces flipping in some places, and since I swore I'd finish this model entirely in Blender (just so I can expand my horizons in programs), I'm a bit stuck with how to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated - if you can sort it out, feel free to buzz the repaired file over to me via PM and I'll finish up with full credit to whoever managed to get it done.

ANYWAYS. Comma. Until then...

legendaryma5c.jpg

This is what I have so far in Blender. The main problem areas are situated around the top cowling of the weapon - for some reason these faces have flipped over and Pepakura treats the area as an open face. Multiple attempts in Blender haven't yielded much success in resolving the issue, and as I said, I swore to get this file done from start to finish using that program.

Here's a preview file for you all to have a gander at: feel free to have a meddle with it at your own leisure. Since the Wiki doesn't hold the original file I modified, I can't give credit to the creator.

http://www.4shared.com/file/164760317/e6c24664/MA5C_WIP3.html

Have fun, yadda yadda.

hit a to select all vertices then hold ctrl shift n

it will calculate all surfaces on the same side. If you watch in textured view and you still can view through it just select all vertices again and hit w -> flip normals.

But i see you have alot of traingles :/ you should try to have none...

Only in the end process if its all modeled when you join certain abjects to one solid model for pep. Otherwise it gets messy.

UPDATE TIME!​

ma5wip4.jpg

This file has now entered what I'd like to call a 'post-beta' stage. I hand out an OBJ file, and you people can either bust your asses unfolding this actually-working file, or be good, patient boys and girls and wait for the final version (which will be about a weekend if I can get up off of MY ass and do some work).

http://www.4shared.com/file/165422712/eecb0d66/MA5C_WIP4.html

Have fun with it, but don't go nuts with unfolding it. Remember, there's a lot left for me to do before the file's finished, and it'd be an utter waste of your time taking and unfolding an unfinished model.

UPDATE AGAIN​

(Hey, it's my topic, deal with the double posting).​

The weapon is finished.

legendaryma5cfinal.jpg

Thanks to all the lovely people in the last topic clamoring for an unfold handout Instead of getting off their backsides and trying their hand themselves: no unfold for you. Give 'em a big hand, ladies and gentlemen, they made more work for you.

http://www.4shared.com/file/166632365/79a734f8/Legendary_MA5C_Arcanine.html

Have fun, give credit to myself and Legendary Armor for the work.

Looks awesome!

And for those scratch-builders out there (like myself), this is VERY welcome referance source for our builds! Its also verydetailed for pep, so say goodbye to most of rgar anoying Bondo work!

Awesome job! I'd look into unfolding it, but I don't have a Pepakura Designer Password.

Again, great work!

Well... I may be nice and hand out an unfold to a few people. I have one at home, but the fact that some people just expect others to do all of the work for them really, really annoys me.

I'll have a copy buzzed over to you by tomorrow.

And, for everyone else: keep an eye out for my next project: Covenant Carbine.

Later today, I'll apply my n00bish lack of unfolding skills to your AR. :D

I'm currently working on an unfold of an HD Carbine. It's 3 feet long because 4 feet is almost as long as I am tall. DX

Queen said:
I PM'd you with the link.

I'd like a link too, if you don't mind.

Anyways, that AR looks wonderful. I don't have a registered version of Pep Designer, so I can't save the unfold, but I'll try this out later on this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back