Legendary MK6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bicep/shoulder pieces look really sharp. Those were probably the hardest for me to get to fit right. I must have made 20 adjustments to get a useful range of motion without hitting the forearms or the chest piece. Nice build.

Redshirt

The bicep/shoulder pieces look really sharp. Those were probably the hardest for me to get to fit right. I must have made 20 adjustments to get a useful range of motion without hitting the forearms or the chest piece. Nice build.

Redshirt

thanks redshirt! yeah, i made a few adjustments, and since i found my glue gun, i have attached the foam, and fitted and tested the arms! i have decent range of motion, i never expected much, but its better than i thought, and pretty comfortable too!

looks great dude. if was a little iffy on the sanding but it came out creat. even the battle damage. though you should use more of a flat silver or metallic gray to make it look more like dull metal

mini update #1

well i have the chest piece finished, mostly... i just have to attach the hardware, do the weathering, and attach the foam. sadly, i have work in the middle of the day, so look for the big reveal later tonight! until then, you stay classy... forum goers!!! haha!

Halfway there!

well, time for a big update, and a bigger reveal! first tho, im sorry for missing my hopeful deadline, i had too many issues with the mounts for both pieces of the chest, but i got it figured out, and pretty damn clever too!

originally, i had planned to use plastic buckles, make it easy you know... well not so much. i couldnt get anything to work right, then i remembered that alot of forum-goers here use magnets. so i picked up about 8 and i modded blackula's visor tutorial with some cut cereal box instead of a visor. and after a quick sand, it was paint and attaching some velcro to the magnets for added support, and to keep the magnets from breaking each other! sadly, i dont have any pics of the process. sorry :/ i got caught up in my piece that it completely slipped my mind. i will however do my best to take more pics in the future. which reminds me. how am i doing on the amount of pics? more or less? maybe you want more of the process or more of the product? let me know and i will happily accommodate!

well i think thats enough lip outa me. so heres some pics, first i have some my mom took when i finished my arms last thursday. then all the awesomeness of my finished chest! and a surprise at the end! ;) enjoy! and thanks for all your support and views!

something seems missing yes?
P6140243.jpg

P6190249.jpg

P6190250.jpg

P6190253.jpg

P6190254.jpg

thats much better!
P6190255.jpg

P6190256.jpg

P6190257.jpg

P6190258.jpg

now just a couple of the chest
P6190259.jpg

P6190260.jpg

And a well deserved treat! a twinkie and an arnold palmer!
P6190261.jpg

Dang this is going good! Nice stream of updates I think (just went through the thread without looking at dates so...) Either way, I hope it goes good, I remember looking at longshot's when his was coming out and was like "Cool! ANOTHER one" Then he totally blew everyone away. Keep it up man it's good!

dang that is looking legit man, a good undersuit and itll be beast! not guna lie, I thought that was a Belgian or wheat ale, not a palmer hahaha. twinkie and beer that's a weird combo

@Dh748: thanks man! and yeah, Longshots build was a real inspiration for my build. originally, i was planning on painting the suite white with a red accent, but idk, i saw how well the camo looked and just said to hell with it! once i find a suitable printer, i will have custom decals added to the suite to make it unique!

@cinderblock: thanks cinder! and yeah, once i get some more cash i will have an undersuit! and yeah, thts happened alot with the people i live with, hell if i just say its beer, everyone would think i was an alchoholic! haha! but seroisly, the arnold palmer that arizona tea makes is addicting!!! and you wont catch me drinking a wheat ale! its guiness all the way for me!!! haha

@Dh748: thanks man! and yeah, Longshots build was a real inspiration for my build. originally, i was planning on painting the suite white with a red accent, but idk, i saw how well the camo looked and just said to hell with it! once i find a suitable printer, i will have custom decals added to the suite to make it unique!

You can but make your own decals by purchasing water slide decal paper, printing it with your color printer, then setting the ink with a clear coat. Once that's done, you have water slide decals just like what you get in a model kit. This is how I do my decals. Heck, you can get it from Amazon.com. The sheets are available in clear and white. You need the white if you are putting your decal onto a dark surface or if your graphic has any white in it since printers don't have white ink. I've already built my graphics for my Splaser, just waiting to print them until I need them.

Redshirt

You can but make your own decals by purchasing water slide decal paper, printing it with your color printer, then setting the ink with a clear coat. Once that's done, you have water slide decals just like what you get in a model kit. This is how I do my decals. Heck, you can get it from Amazon.com. The sheets are available in clear and white. You need the white if you are putting your decal onto a dark surface or if your graphic has any white in it since printers don't have white ink. I've already built my graphics for my Splaser, just waiting to print them until I need them.

Redshirt

thanks redshirt!! i would have never thought of using clear coat on it! thanks! well then, scratch that, im all set to make decals! i just need time to do it! haha!

thanks ATA and Skullptura! sorry everyone for no updates! been working straight through the past couple of weeks, and last week my sister came down from CO for a visit, so i spent as much time as possible with her! now im back on my work! my cod piece is almost finished, just some finishing sanding work, attaching hardware and paint! and since i finally have time off, i will be spending all of it on my suite! stay tuned for updates and pics later this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back