Lets Start At The Very Beginning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmon22

Ok, Time to start my first armor making project! As in the noob tradition, I will be starting with a low-res version of the Mk VI, and to amplify the noobieness, I will start with the helmet. So far, I have printed out a 1:1 scale helmet on normal paper, just for visual reference on how big it actually is. After about half way through the pep-process, I could tell that it was massive. I tossed it instantly. Next, I printed out a helmet scaled to my head, but after about the same length into that one I could tell it was going to be too small, so I increased the scale by about 5 cm, and hopefully It will be right! I havent had a chance to start pepping this one yet, but here's my first attempt (the first one that I scaled)

[attachment=12786:1012091632.jpg]

[attachment=12788:1012091633a.jpg]

[attachment=12787:1012091633.jpg]

[attachment=12789:1012091635.jpg]

and here is my first peps compared to my latest.

[attachment=12790:1012091642.jpg]

notice the difference in the scale?

I should also mention that updates to this will probably slow, seeing that this will have to be a weekend warrior project until things slow down (after college apps season, lol)

Oh, and to those who may have seen my earlier thread regarding peps and macs, I got Windows XP from a buddy, and am now using bootcamp :D

-Colin

Edit: sorry for the low-res pics, especially the last one.

Um, looking good, but you might want to delete one of your two double posts.

But, are you using Cardstock, or regular paper?

hah, i caught the double post, but thanks. I'm using cardstock now, the normal paper was just for the unscaled helmet so i could get a tangible feel on how much smaller I should make it. thanks for the support!

ok sorry about the double post, and i havent really made progress lately (been tied up with homework) but i found my grandpa's old flight helmet, and i was wondering if I should try scaling the mk vi to match it? the flight helm fits pretty well...

[attachment=12806:photo 17.jpg]

[attachment=12807:photo 20.jpg]

[attachment=12808:photo 18.jpg]

[attachment=12809:photo 16.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back