Loess' Halo 2 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, update time! :D

th_H2ODST166-1.jpgth_H2ODST165.jpgth_H2ODST164-1.jpg

I'm now just about done adding details to the torso, just have to finish going over it with the spot putty. (no pics yet with putty on the vents)

More soft armor work!
th_ODSTPouch042.jpgth_ODSTPouch043.jpgth_ODSTPouch044.jpg
This is the pannier, with the pattern for the pouch that will be applied to it, and the foam pad to give it the proper bulk. I don't have any pics yet of the pannier sewn together, with the lower leg strap that I added to keep it tight to my leg.
th_ODSTPouch036.jpgth_ODSTPouch037.jpgth_ODSTPouch038.jpgth_ODSTPouch039.jpg
These show the back side of the lumbar pad, and how it goes on the web belt; they also show the lumbar pad and the kidney pads finished and sewn together into one unit. The belt pouches aren't finished in the last two pics yet, I've since added the snaps to the front flaps, and the belt loops on the back. The belt loops are only sewn on at one end, and are held by snaps at the other, so that I can slip the belt pouches on and cover up the buckle for the wide web belt that holds all the lower torso and hip soft armor up.

Progress has slowed down a bit, since a lot of my time is being eaten up by moving to our new house.
th_House034.jpg

Glad folks are liking this stuff, we need more Marines and ODST's of all types to back up the Spartans.

Im short >.< but its alright, inside im as tall as yao ming. xD

Indeed, we DO need alot of em marines and odst fella's, we need helljumpers coming out of the sky where the spartan needs us, and the marines to kick ass beside the spartans. XD :3

Anyways Nice pictures, i really love that detailing of the torso, *high 5* you made something basic into something complex!

That is what is awesome.

SprayNoob

Shade said:
I lol'd, think of it there's gonna be ODSTs and marines taller than spartans. :lol:

Don't think that will be much of a problem with me.... :p I'm only ~5'3"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SprayNoob @ Feb 16 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im short >.< but its alright, inside im as tall as yao ming. xD

Indeed, we DO need alot of em marines and odst fella's, we need helljumpers coming out of the sky where the spartan needs us, and the marines to kick ass beside the spartans. XD :3

Anyways Nice pictures, i really love that detailing of the torso, *high 5* you made something basic into something complex!

That is what is awesome.

SprayNoob</div>

Thanks, after reading MLC's MK6 thread, I figured that I could manage to detail the ODST. I think it worked pretty well.

Here's some new pictures, I'm waist-deep in the fiddly little putty, sand, putty, sand... GO TO 10 part of the project, where hours of work don't really show up in pictures... :cautious: Which isn't helped by spending nearly all my time working on the house or helping my dad in the steel shop making stuff for an art show in 2 weeks.

th_H2ODST170.jpgth_H2ODST169.jpgth_H2ODST168.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SNIPER 118 said:
Great job Loess...But theres something missing what could it be :cautious: I wonder

The Blue Iridium visor is on the workbench, waiting to be installed. :p

INCOMING LOESS! Nice progress. Will be replying to your updates!
*Stamps* Awesome UPDATE

SprayNoob.

Woot! My fellow ODST's approve! (y)

I got a little bit of work done tonight, and I got pics of this weekend's progress.
th_H2ODST173.jpgth_H2ODST172.jpgth_H2ODST174.jpg

Got a bunch more spot putty applied in the vents, and started priming the shoulders.

It's been a while.... and I've been busy with non-armor things during a lot of that time, but I did manage to make some progress.
th_H2ODST189.jpg
With a coat of paint, and some padding, the helm will be done.

th_H2ODST176.jpgth_H2ODST182.jpgth_H2ODST183.jpgth_H2ODST184.jpgth_H2ODST185.jpgth_H2ODST187.jpgth_H2ODST186.jpgth_H2ODST181.jpg

These pic show how I fitted and installed the visor. I used tee-nuts epoxied into the helm to anchor the machine screws it's held in with. Yay for easily removable visor.

th_H2ODST180.jpg
The shoulders are primed and ready for straps and paint.

th_H2ODST175.jpgth_H2ODST174-1.jpg
The torso is nearly done, all I have left is spot putty on some of the vents, and the front detailing, then it's time to paint and mount the pockets on the front.

The soft armor is pretty far along, so that should be done soon. (no new pics of it)

I head to Anime Detour in 8 days, I think I can make it. Hopefully, no one there really notices that I won't be wearing any leg armor. I might just go with some knee pads that match the elbows. I'm expecting that not many people will be taking pics of my shins, though.

elite anyone? this has gotta be the best looking h2 odst ive seen.
And first one I see is making the full suit. Nice loess.

Thanks, guys!

I do plan on molding this. I've just gotta decide on exactly how, and which supplier. I think I'm going to try Thorssoli's method, where you start with the mother mold and work in. I have to do the comparison between JGreer and Smooth-On products, too.

I'll be posting an interest thread in a week or two.

Then, I have to make the shins. :lol:

Loess said:
Hey, update time! :D
Pfft, though that said "Hey, uptime date!" I was a little confused. Anyway, this is amazing! I need to start making something- anything! Lol, good luck with this, I think it will turn out very well.
I guess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back