LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i meant by hot spotted is on each led panel is it a lot brighter in the middle where the led is and not spread out is it the entire panel putting out the same spread out light

what i meant by hot spotted is on each led panel is it a lot brighter in the middle where the led is and not spread out is it the entire panel putting out the same spread out light

The hot spot is only noticable if your up close and only if you know what to look for. Otherwise if your more than say 10 feet away... you could not tell.

As for Todays plans:
I have to work to earn more $$$'s
After that I plan on installing the LED's into the Shins. More Pic's Yay!!!
Foaming of the Boots was a complete success. The tape came off with no problems. I now need to clean up the foam mess that it left on the boot and do some additional touch up painting.

Cheers!

that is amazing!! i havent started my first build yet im still getting info.
i do have a question on how to scale though. do i have to find a mathematical equation for each piece or can i simply just measure my body part for that piece and apply the measurments to the scale?

excelent job on pepping!! i wanna see it when its finished

There's somewhat of a mathematical equation. Look up XTREME TACTICS 101's tutorial on scaling, preferrably method 1.

*Applause* The heck with seeing his finished project, I wanna see all the videos people make of him! ...PLUS the finished project......

Ok ... Im back from work ($$$$'s)

@Putitang... Scrub is correct ... EXTREME TACTICS 101 has a good scaling method. Study it and use it.

@Sean... <BOWS> I wana see people taking pics and vids of me. I also want to get the copies so that I can share them here.

Now working on cleaning up the boots and the LED's for the Shins. Pics coming later! OH and a suprise for you all too! I won't tell you but you will "See" it.

Cheers

you, sir, are the master of suspense. i will try to keep patient whilst i (and the rest of the 405th) wait for the surprise :)

Damn Longshot! I haven't even made it through every page of this build yet but I gotta say from what I've seen, your awesomness is leaking awesomeness. Though you're making me hate that my airbrush is DOA and I'm working with spray cans until I have a place to set up my compressor.

Damn Longshot! I haven't even made it through every page of this build yet but I gotta say from what I've seen, your awesomness is leaking awesomeness. Though you're making me hate that my airbrush is DOA and I'm working with spray cans until I have a place to set up my compressor.

I have an air compressor but I'm not using an "Air Brush". I'm using spray cans!!!

Quick update... One Shin is done... now I have to run to the store and get more Hot glue... im out! Good thing I know of a place that has them this late at night. Pics still coming!

Cheers!

can you post a list of all the files that you used ...... testers too please. im having trouble with the helm. im on the 3rd re-pep. the first one almost fit over a basket ball LOL!!!

can you post a list of all the files that you used ...... testers too please. im having trouble with the helm. im on the 3rd re-pep. the first one almost fit over a basket ball LOL!!!

All of the files that I used are from here: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

Look for "Mark VI: High Detail parts". Then Pick and choose what you want.

Another quick update. The last Shin has its LED's installed. Now to work on the suprise part. hehehehe

Cheers

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked to see what you got up your sleeve, bro. So hey, quick question, are you gonna have a double layered visor for your helmet, or are you gonna just have a single layered dealio? With Reach coming just around the corner, it'd be kind of a crunch to get the double layered thing put together, but a suit of this kind of epicness should use a double layer. I'll see if I can find a link to the visor thread thingy....hang on a sec...
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor There it is! Anyway, idk if you already have plans for this, or if you don't, but either way, there you go. Cheers back at ya!

Pics are now up on my web site... Starting to compose Pics for here!

Progress Update

I have cleaned up the boots... They are looking awesome! However, while I was cleaning them up, I noticed something. Something that I just could not ignore! There was this SPOT! Oh no! Its not what you may think... Damage or Dirt or something not repairable. NOOOooo. This spot was Black... "Hammered Black" to be precise. In fact it is on both boots. In the exact same location!
This spot had to go! Yes indeed! But it requires something VERY SPECIAL.
An LED Panel!

img00012800.jpg

img00012776.jpg

img00012771.jpg

dsc_0017.jpg

img00012787.jpg

img00012795.jpg

img00012792.jpg

img00012780.jpg

dsc_0019.jpg

Ahhhh... enough said!

Cheers!