LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I look away for a few hours and bam!

Hope you got someone taking pictures of you at the launch!

I do! I do! He will be using my Nikon D80 with lots of room on the card for 1000 High res pics.

Extremely impressive build.

I have a set of armor coming from molds. ABS so hopefully I can make it look as nice as yours.

wow.. just wow!!
now that is master chief right there..
a very bright chief! i'd love to see that in person! cant wait to see the launch pics!!

wow.. just wow!!
now that is master chief right there..
a very bright chief! i'd love to see that in person! cant wait to see the launch pics!!

Thanks Ace!

I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Okay, seriusly epic! So good I spelled seriously worng!

Thanks!

There's still more to do that I'm working on. Like the Shoulder LED's. 405th Logo. My logo. Last final touches before going out in public.

Yours is looking Uber too!

Cheers!

Me too!
Ok, so as I was reading about the undersuit build that Adam is doing, I discovered that you had already posted there like, 3 times. My bad, sorry. I'm just used to your OLD, N00B avatar! lol

Anyway, definitely wanna see the pics, take as many as possible.

Me too!
Ok, so as I was reading about the undersuit build that Adam is doing, I discovered that you had already posted there like, 3 times. My bad, sorry. I'm just used to your OLD, N00B avatar! lol

Anyway, definitely wanna see the pics, take as many as possible.

LOL... Im still getting use to the new avatar as well...

I already have the templates for the neck seal... Its the rest that will be a challenge. It's do able, just difficult. Over the winter I'll be trying out my NOOB sewing skills and attempt to make a custom undersuit for the armor.

Otherwise... I'm just waiting for my "Driver" to show up and take me around. I can't drive in this thing and it takes quite a while to get into it. So the best way is to be driven by a friend.

FYI: Adam has requested pics of me in my suit. OH YEA BABY!!!!!

Cheers!

Oh My God, Glow In The Dark SPARTAN!! You will be the best night light ever. On a more serious note, when I saw this my jaw dropped so hard I broke my foot. Gotta go to the doctor now so I can get Reach in about 7.5 hours. Bye

Oh My God, Glow In The Dark SPARTAN!! You will be the best night light ever. On a more serious note, when I saw this my jaw dropped so hard I broke my foot. Gotta go to the doctor now so I can get Reach in about 7.5 hours. Bye

That's a good one! Myself and a few others are still looking for our Jaws.

Since those photos, I have added the LED's to the Shoulder pieces and added some logo's to the suit. More pictures waiting to be taken and then posted!

Cheers!

I hope your sewing skills are as good as your suit work! A suit this good is gunn a need an awesome under suit to go along!!

Yea... the forums are severly short on how to do under armor. Its gona be hard to research this due to lack of info, unlike the Armor.

Very true. I have been trying to come up with a new way to make the neck. I think a gel style mold would be nice. Going to need some mad sewing skills though

I hope your sewing skills are as good as your suit work! A suit this good is gunn a need an awesome under suit to go along!!

if his sewing skills are half as good as his suit building skills, it will be pretty epic indeed.

i am extremely curious as to how this cortana computer thing will work... i will definitely be watching for those tuts :D

and longshot you have the most epic suit of epic proportions of pure epicness. did i mention that it was epic?

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats, you made it!!! And a full day early, too!! Incredible work my friend! It's amazing that you were able to create such epic armor in such a short period of time... and with ALL THE TRIMMINGS, no less!! Seriously, extremely well done!!

(Also, Re: the Elite Forum thing, please don't misunderstand, I wasn't suggesting that the product wasn't worthy... what I'm saying is I think there's a big difference between seeing great armor in a thread with no progress posts and saying to yourself, "Wow, that's some awesome armor!" vs. seeing great armor in a thread like yours, with a FULL build diary (progress updates, helpful tips, opinions, suggestions, experiments, triumphs and failures) and saying to yourself, "Wow, that's some awesome armor!! OMG, HE'S SHOWING HOW HE DID IT!!! Maybe I could do that, too!!!" It's a perfect example of the spirit of the 405th (as I've always felt it to be), and is the exact type of exceptional "above and beyond" kind of thing that makes a project worthy of Elite status.)

Public outing... just before the evening.

At my favorite store in my fav dept.

dsc_0006.jpg

I just HAD to!

dsc_0009.jpg

Another "HAD TOO" on my bucket list.

dsc_0007.jpg

Looking GOOD!

dsc_0015.jpg

At my other fav place. Holding up a Halo CE used game.
Another "I Had too"

dsc_0016.jpg

More to come as I get them!!!!

Cheers!

Thankyou I completly understand. I'm not worried about the Elite forum thing. I am truly happy where I'm at and at what I have accomplished. This place really is a great place to learn and craft.

As far as the suit is concerned... I have not yet done my mods to it. heheheh... I only was focusing on getting it "Presentable" for the release of Reach. BUT I do admit that I just HAD to take it out for a few public spins! That in itself was and still is a FANTASTIC and AWESOME experience. I just wish that everyone could experience it.

Also I LOVE trying to make hard things into easy things. My way of doing its is to make a pictorial procedure of it. Im hoping to do a good LED tutorial pannels and all.

Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back