LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures turned out fantastic. Not once, have I ever gotten tired of looking at this project. Definitely one of the best.

-Matt

Pictures look great Kevin!
Like I said before, looks like you had a blast!!!
Can't wait until my turn! :)
Dave.

Keep going at it Dave. I have a good feeling that your turn will arrive.

I find myself referencing your suit quite often.

That is one of the reasons why I did this thread.
Makes me feel warm and squishy all over.

Man I always love seeing mg new photos of you in the armor.

Me too! I love modeling the armor and love being photographed in it.
I'm such a photo hog.

The pictures look fantastic Kevin, I love em. So i gotta ask, how did you get the shotgun to stay on your back?? Im asking because i plan to make it so i can attach guns to the back of mine to, so im curious as to how you did it :)
Loving this thread

I used 4 rare earth magnets to mount it. 2 of them are attached to the shotgun and 2 corresponding magnets are attached to the mounting points on the back of the torso. Very easy to do.

Here is a quick pic of where the torso magnets are located.

im000852_-_resized_-_magnets.jpg

The pictures turned out fantastic. Not once, have I ever gotten tired of looking at this project. Definitely one of the best.

-Matt

Thanks Matt. Glad that this thread is still being read and of use.
I'll keep posting pics and such as I continue to mod and tweak the suit.

More Pics from Vancouver Fan Expo 2012:

Chief always gets the ladies
dsc_0031.jpg

and more...
dsc_0035.jpg

Oh Dear... "Haloween" anyone?
dsc_0040.jpg

Some random SWAT guy, checking me out.
dsc_0044.jpg

I'll return the favor by T-bagging him.
dsc_0048.jpg

Posing for the photographers.

dsc_0050.jpg

More to come!
:)

Ok, yeah that's the idea I had for the gun, looks like it worked out well for u, hopefully will for me too lol.
Righteous pics kevin, don't worry, I think we are all a bit of photo hogs in out suits. :)
I totally will be when mine is done lol

Ok, yeah that's the idea I had for the gun, looks like it worked out well for u, hopefully will for me too lol.
Righteous pics kevin, don't worry, I think we are all a bit of photo hogs in out suits. :)
I totally will be when mine is done lol

Excellent to hear that. I kinda figured that all of us are like that. :)
Can't wait to see pics when yours is done.

Great pic's.:D

You know it!

Updates:

Swapped out my cold weather under suit for the hot weather under suit.
Moved the Cod and Thigh straps to the side. No more ugly visible straps on the front or rear.

(No flash)
img002469_-_marked_up.jpg

(with flash)
img002426_-_marked_up.jpg

OMG yes I can post on this now!!! I have no idea when i got promoted lol, but i can finally say how awesome i think this build is. the attention to detail and all the additions you keep making to improve the suit are just awesome. I love everything about this build lol. and the new straps look really good.

Looks great Kevin! I much prefer the straps in the new position.
Holy Freakin' Cat Costume... ME-OW!! :)

I agree, I like the new position.
I attended the local midnight sale of Diablo III at my local game store.
The re-strapping was a delight and its looking more visually appealing. I'm going to keep it this way.

What'd you do to the clips that were originally on the suspenders?

I removed them and attached the parachute clips to them. They now join up at the side belt pouch and continue down past it, just below the belt pouch. The clip is visible in the last pic.

OMG yes I can post on this now!!! I have no idea when i got promoted lol, but i can finally say how awesome i think this build is. the attention to detail and all the additions you keep making to improve the suit are just awesome. I love everything about this build lol. and the new straps look really good.

Cinderblock. Congrats to your infantryman status.
Thanks for your kind words and enthusiasm.

Made it to Halo Waypoint... Again!
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/post/2012/05/14/Not-Quite-Cryosleep-Halo-Cosplay.aspx

Cheers!

I removed them and attached the parachute clips to them. They now join up at the side belt pouch and continue down past it, just below the belt pouch. The clip is visible in the last pic.

That's what I thought you did. Just wanted to double check! Thanks!

Aye longshot, first off. Cheers for all the advice. Im sure i will no doubt be spamming you for more as i brave the winter weather to finish my suit.

Secondly i thought, now i can post in here, id just say congratulations and well done. Congralutions for building this constantly evolving suit. And well done for being able to come up with more out the box thinking. Its truley amazing what can be done let alone see it elsewhere then spend the hard yards making your own. If my suit turns out half as amazing as yours id be happy.

Just a quick question but, for many, myself included, we spend a good half an hour going through the thread to find certain tutorials or ideas youve posted or featured notes or pictures on. I was wondering if quite possibly if youd be willing to do an index somewhere saying which pages have what? So your wonderful sanding tutorials on page x for example and so on? I know its gonna take a while but i think i speak for the whole of 405th when i say itd be much appreciated. Anyway all the best with the progression of the suit. Ill be cheering you from the sidelines.

Runcornstuntman

Aye longshot, first off. Cheers for all the advice. Im sure i will no doubt be spamming you for more as i brave the winter weather to finish my suit.

Secondly i thought, now i can post in here, id just say congratulations and well done. Congralutions for building this constantly evolving suit. And well done for being able to come up with more out the box thinking. Its truley amazing what can be done let alone see it elsewhere then spend the hard yards making your own. If my suit turns out half as amazing as yours id be happy.

Just a quick question but, for many, myself included, we spend a good half an hour going through the thread to find certain tutorials or ideas youve posted or featured notes or pictures on. I was wondering if quite possibly if youd be willing to do an index somewhere saying which pages have what? So your wonderful sanding tutorials on page x for example and so on? I know its gonna take a while but i think i speak for the whole of 405th when i say itd be much appreciated. Anyway all the best with the progression of the suit. Ill be cheering you from the sidelines.

Runcornstuntman

Thanks for your comments Runcornstuntman. Your observation about how long and huge this thread has become, as well as with regards to finding the tutorials etc... ... I completely agree and have no arguments about this issue.

For quite a while I have been thinking on how to address this. 2 options come to mind.
1) Edit the 1st post and put in the index to the tutorials. I kinda like this one as it keeps everything together and its easy to implement.
2) Make a new thread and perform the cut and paste operation to consolidate the tutorials. This one is more time consuming and does not appeal to me.

Before I make that decision, I think it would be best if I go thru the entire thread and make corrections and updates 1st. Then I'll have a better sense as to what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks for sharing your request. A time saving solution is in the works!

I myself was thinking that the first post would be the best place for it. And i love the idea of making ammendments to each area. Its got to the stage where ive book marked a few on my iphone but i spend half an hour looking for the one i need. I know itll be time consuming but i see it being much better in the end.

The idea of a second thread is plaussible but more time consuming. Itd be a great idea for a sticky. But this thread has to be recognised for what it is. A constant evolution. My votes keep this thread your only one for you suit related stuff.

It's always fun to go back and browse through this build and see how well done it was put together. Thank you, LongShot, for the motivation and inspiration.

First of all, your amor is amazing!

HD_Codpiece_by_crackhead09.pdo / Crackhead09 / Ral Partha / 2.049403

Right_HD_Thigh_by_crackhead09.pdo / Crackhead09 / 2.049403 (Use the invert function for the left piece)

I guess this was a copy and paste error, I'm just interested in the real size of the thighs. ;)

DOH! Your right. It was a copy and paste error.

The correct thigh scale size that I used is... 0.866633

I'll go back and correct it.

Thanks for letting me know.

I saw on Facebook that you are headed to PAX, I hope that you have a good time! I know that Bioware has a booth there, so if it isn't too much trouble for you, I'd like to request a Picture of Master Chief with Commander Shepard. Don't go too far out of your way though.

I also want to say that I really enjoy your facebook updates, several times your posts have made my day. Thanks for all the advice and inspiration you put online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back