LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
*bows in respect* Epicness of mass proportions. What kind of weapon are you going to pep?

Time permitting: Hoping to craft a Shot Gun. With magnets in it so that I can hang it off the back. LOL Just like in the game.
Then later I want to do the Sniper Rifle cause it goes good with my name sake. :)
--AND--
I want to do a Gravity Hammer and name it "Wompa Stick".
In fact there are a lot of things that I want to Pep. I just can't decide!

Thanks guys!
All of these HD pieces take an amazingly high degree of patients and Uber amounts of time.
All of your compliments really do help to keep me motivated and inspired to keep going.
I should have the last piece of Armor (Boot) pepped by sometime tomorrow.
Then the sticky fiberglassing fun begins! I'll have pics of that process too!
:)

Progress Update

Finshed pepping!
I have just finished pepping the last piece of the Mark VI High Def MJOLNIR Armor. :cool

This was the last piece. The Right Boot.
img00012749.jpg

img00012744.jpg

I also went to the local Motocross shop and tried on a few helms. Im size small. Found a cheap helm that is about the same size as my MC's helm. Bought the helm and will rip out the padding for my MC's helm. It was cheap enough to just buy the whole helm rather than guess with an online purchase. I figured paying a little extra for getting padding that I KNOW is going to fit AND be comfortable is worth the extra $$'s. I also picked up a helm fan.
img00012761.jpg

img00012757.jpg

All of the padding is removable and appears to be easy to install into MC's helm.
But that is a project for another day.

Now I can concentrate on the next stages of the project. Fiberglass!

Cheers!

i vote this should be out of the noob forum and into a better forum! (says the man whose odst helmet warped 1/2 way through pepping randomly and then sat there thinking wtf? for 20 mins)

this is awesome dude,
but what now? it is HD parts that mean you dont have to do the detais and add less bondo? is that right?

Wow I haven't looked at this thread for a little while and I must say you are a fast pepper (as in pepping, not the food) It took me 5 days to pep a helmet and then you are like ahh Im ganna do 4 pieces tomorrow hah. Well thanks for the chest sizing help! And your doing a great job, can't wait to see it done!

@ LandonFoster1 Speedy! Naw... just long hours pepping. I have spent quite a few 16 hour days, doing nothing but pepping. Ugh! I just have to keep on saying it will be worth it in the end. Glad I could help you out with the sizing.

@duskullms
I used the HD pieces for a few reasons:
1) Yes, I'm hoping that I'll need less bondo for smoothing out the polygons.
2) I wanted the High detailed pieces for the details. ie. More accurate to Master Chief's in game Armor. Some of which is not on the low or normal pieces.
3) I wanted to learn as much as possible. I figured jumping right in with the HD pieces would offer more to learn from, than a low simple definition piece. The trade off is that the HD pieces take way longer to pep. Then again I knew that and I have the time to do it.
4) If I am putting in the long hours, I might as well go ALL the way and make it worth while.

@Lemon Pledge
I would be flattered and honored if this thread was moved out of the Noob section. BUT on the other hand, I kinda like it here. As my sig say's "Let's see what a Noob can do." I'm hoping too help keep all of us Noob's motivated and inspired. --AND-- That nothing is impossible... even for beginers! I know that I can say that because I am a Noob too.
As for the crisp pepping... its just time and care. Thanks for the compliement!

@monk1junk1
Sorry about the warped helm... I feel your pain on this. My helm has a few warped areas too. Not from the resin stage but from it being my very 1st pepped piece. However most/all of it can be corrected during the Bondo stage. Once the project is completed and if its "worthy", then I'll ask if it can be moved to a different section.

Good comments guys!
Thanks and good luck on your projects!

hey man, well earlier when i read your chest tutorial i was doing just that, reading now im actually trying it and im having some troubles i hope you an help with. I measured from a little under my armpit across my chest and i got 11.5 in. Keep in mind i am 14, weigh 100lbs and am only 5'2" so skinny and short. this converted to 292.09999999999997mm so 29-30 cm. I changed the width of the chest to that and looked at page 40 with the grid on. Now is where im confused. all i see in the 2d window are grey pages and there are white dots on them. So thinking these are the squares your talking about i counted how hight the piece was and i got 7 dots or squares high. 7cm? 70mm? thats 230 less then before! if i scale it like that it will take up 3 sheets of paper, is this right?? Im not saying your method is wrong because i know it works, im just wondering what i did wrong? can you help?

hey man, ive gotten to the point where i want to start my chest piece so i decided to read your tutorial. I measured from a little under my armpit across my chest and i got 11.5 in. Keep in mind i am 14, weigh 100lbs and am only 5'2" so skinny and short. this converted to 292.09999999999997mm so 29-30 cm. I changed the width of the chest to that and looked at page 40 with the grid on. Now is where im confused. all i see in the 2d window are grey pages and there are white dots on them. So thinking these are the squares your talking about i counted how hight the piece was and i got 7 dots or squares high. 7cm? 70mm? thats 230 less then before! if i scale it like that it will take up 3 sheets of paper, is this right?? Im not saying your method is wrong because i know it works, im just wondering what i did wrong? can you help?

Sound like everything you have done is correct. BUT it also sounds like the resizing has changed the position of the piece that you need to measure. It is the last piece (bottom right corner) that needs to be measured. In the "Parts list" it is "chest01-15". Hope that helps.

That piece that needs to be measured should definilty fit onto one page not 3... you might have to move the piece to a clean empty page. In fact when I rescaled my chest piece I had to relocate all of the pieces so that they were not on the page edges. ie cut off. Also you'll have to rotate that last piece so that it is straight up and down on the page. Otherwise you may get the wrong meaurement.

ok ive got it going strait up along the side of an empty page, its going probably 7/8th of the page up. should i be counting those little dots?

Its showing up as "dots" and not a grid. I'd check "Settings-->Other settings...-->Others" and check that the "grid size (mm)" says 10.

otherwize yes... count those dots. and yes 7/8th high on the page definitly sounds better!

Progress Update

Finished Fiber Glassing the Belt: Sorry forgot to take pics. (will get some next time)

Finished Fiber Glassing the inside of the Helm.
img00013198.jpg

Fiberglassing the inside of the chest piece - WIP 60% complete
img00012976.jpg

Status image of where the project is at:
381414.jpg

Man is Fiber Glassing a seriously messy process.
I keep getting sticky fiber strands all over my gloved fingers.
These strands get caught on the cloth that was just placed and pulls it out of place.
ARRRRG! At least this phase of the project goes A LOT FASTER than the pepping phase.

Cheers!

Progress Update

Should I do 2 layers of Fiber Glass or 1?
Right now I have been doing 1 thick layer for the shins.
The chest piece I am doing 2.
The helm has 1 but with the weaker areas getting 2.

Finished Fiber Glassing Both Shins.
- Applied a layer of resin to the inside, so that the cloth has something to stick to
- Applied the cloth to the inside.
- Applied a 2nd coat of resin to the cloth. Made sure that all of the cloth bits were evenly saturated.
img00013466.jpg

Status image of where the project is at:
359034.jpg

Still working on fiber glassing the chest.

More progress pics soon!

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back