M6D And Plasma Pistol Holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also thinking and starting to put toegther some idea's for an holster for the M6D but it could take a while even trying to find the fabric to even wrap the gun with. Also if there is anybody out ther making and selling M6D's pm me along with pictures and I'll see who has the best build for the job of helping with the rough build and have a desine in mind for the gun I just hope it works and I can buy an M6D to kake sure it works and fits.

I have some ideas on building a holster for a M6D. One is a modern holster idea and the other is a bit older.

Modern Idea is to use Kydex to make the main body of the holster and then use a fabric to line the inside of it so you don't scratch your Prop M6D. If you are unfamiliar with Kydex or how to use it look here, a very nice tutorial on how to make a Kydex sheath for a knife.

http://www.northcoastknives.com/northcoast...kydexsheath.htm

Old Idea is simply to find a leather worker and have one made up to your specs. It helps to have the prop M6D and some sketches of what you want it to look like. Added bonus of using leather is you can have the worker carve a design into the face of the leather like the UNSC symbol. I work leather so I know what I am talking about here.

In your case I would say either build a M6D or buy one then get to sketching up some Ideas. I believe Link4044 makes some cast ones. Pm him for details.

If your looking for people to bounce some Ideas off of as far as design I am game for that. Welcome to the site and happy new year.

The problem with leather is that it usually takes too long so I'm planning to use kanvis as the material, protection and padding and plastic strips to keep the holster in proper shape. I'm almost done on with a holster for the UNSC to use for the plasma pistol, of couse for now it's for right handers and I have to think of how to make a flap cover for the holster.

i make all 3 pistols
hpa.jpg

cm6gside2.jpg

[attachment=9236:MVC_001F.JPG][attachment=9237:MVC_002F.JPG][attachment=9238:MVC

003F.JPG][attachment=9239:MVC_004F.JPG][attachment=9240:MVC_005F.JPG]Well it took a while but I finally had a holster made for the plasma pistol. I have the holster degigned for on the belt, drop leg, and over the shoulder. Don't worry about the size, I had it measured by an actual size plasma pistol that was made for laser tag so the size is not an issue. Even though I designed it, i couldn't have made it on my own so I had a tayor shop make it for me called Apocalypse Design up here in Fairbanks Alaska where I'm at hope you like the pics.

Those are acctualy cool. I may use the same concept to build my own, make it look like it is a standard part for my armor when done but that is cool nonetheless. Browny points for you and two thumbs sky high up. I hope those are the right words.

The holster is already designed for armor useage it will work for a leg drop unit for the legdrop holster mode, you can also use it for a regular belt and when you get a strap like the ones used for gym bags you have a shoulder holster ready to go and I plan on using the shoulder holster for my ODST armor as soon as I get my armor ready for combat. In other words it is ready to go anytime.

I got no problem with that, you can customize it after it's payed for it's the owners descresion what to do with it, put an enblem,rank,name,change color,or spice it up, as long as you don't reproduce my original design, go for it dude have fun.

Well it took a while but it's finally finished, the holster for the M6 handgun is finally complete. Thanks to LeeKegan, I was able to design the holster and get it built, I just got the finished product last week and it looks and feel great where I want it on me put on where I can grabe it. It's design configuration is just like the plasma pistol holster having it on your belt, over the shoulder, and on a dropleg just like I promised. I know you are anxious to see it but I'm not going to post any pictures until after the 22nd because I'm planning on showing another project along with the holster and what can complete it than none other than a set of UNSC ODST fatiges I've been working on and their almost done. Besides what better way to show you all the ODST uniform gun holster than wearing them to show them off at the Midnight launch of the Halo 3 ODST game besides nothing can be better than showing up at a popular game launch than in a UNSC uniform apropriate enough for an ODST. So be pacient a little longer and I hope you won't be disapointed with the results. The reason it took so long was the fact that I was short on money for a while and couldn't get it made but never the less it's finally finished and ready for action so coming the 22nd it's going to be showtime to see it on a uniform.

Has anyone considered using neodymium magnets for this?

Affix one to the inside of the armor, and another to the sidearm, and it should work very well. No holster needed.

(Not to take away from the awesome work that's been displayed here, of course...)

Ther are problems with using magnets. 1st is that some people make there weopons and equipment in defferent ways that there won't be any room for them. 2nd is that the electronis that are in some of themthat people put in them will be erased by the magnets. And 3rd is that even if the magnets are in place the weopons could fall off at any time and the person won't even know it and they just lost their weopons. Besides the way they do it in the game can only be done in the games so in the real world it's holster and slings and they are much more practical than magnets will ever be when it comes to stowing weopons on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back