Mark Vi Chest Webbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Jr Member
hi guys im just about to start my chest and was just wondering how you giys that have finished attach your webbing to the top of your chest pieces ive searched the forum and all i can find is what people use but not how to fix them do i use hot glue or resin them in with a bit of fiber glass?

I wouldn't trust any type of glue or adhesive to hold up your armor. Imagine all your hard work falling to the ground if the glue fails. I would want some type of mechanical fastener. Many have used "chicago bolts" to attach their strapping to the armor. Google it or search for "chicago bolts" in the search bar.

I don't seem to have any photos handy but for the straps on my Mk VI chest I riveted the webbing on the shoulders (for the biceps and another set to connect the front and back halves of the chest) and on the sides at the bottom and then resined and fiberglassed the straps in place. It holds well but if they ever break it'll be a pain to fix.

I would probably go with Chicago screws or something similar (as JoeyCoz mentioned) and attach them that way, then you can replace them easily if you need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back