Marves2142's Halo 4 UNSC Marine (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it turned out really well :)

Thanks mate im amazed at how it turned out.

I would be working on it this weekend but i spent a few hours out in the scrub this weekend doing training for mock combat sims and im stuffed ill probably work on it over the next week after my knees heal up a little bit

so i got some new equipment the other day for my group when we do our Military cosplay and for other stuff when we need to >.> i forgot to post it in the rush for a small event on the weekend...

2013-08-16%2020.33.22.jpg

2013-08-16%2020.33.29.jpg

10 INTERNET POINTS TO THE PERSON THAT CAN GUESS THE KNIFE!!!!! XD

Well based on the handle it looks like a reach knife :)

either way it looks good lol

Well based on the handle it looks like a reach knife :)

either way it looks good lol

DAMN!!! so close XD its actually way before reach i've had that for years, from when i use to make them, its the one from Halo 3 ODST so a little bit more normal human size, think KaBar size :)

Looks great so far man! Keep up the good work! I'm back to the drawing board on mine. Trying to create an armor to go with that helmet you helped me with thats actually tactically sound is proving alot more challenging than I'd planned. I'll pm you details as usual.

DAMN!!! so close XD its actually way before reach i've had that for years, from when i use to make them, its the one from Halo 3 ODST so a little bit more normal human size, think KaBar size :)

Yeah, no. I guarantee you that's the Reach knife I released. Just looking at the grip lines gives it away. I've seen the files for Buck's knife from ODST; it's very different.

Edit: In case you decide to refute this...

KNIFE_zpsdf424a3c.jpg

Attachments

• KNIFE_zpsdf424a3c.jpg
    KNIFE_zpsdf424a3c.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 230
I'm sorry if thats the case but the files was sent to me at the end of 2009 / beginning of 2010 by a friend in the State that use to work for bungie and i was told that they were from ODST, if it is from reach the more you know... and if its your model im sorry i had no idea, all i know is who sent it to me.

but please be civil about this its very annoying trying to cope with depression and PTSD and getting hounded by people for something as trivial as this

I'm not trying accuse anyone of anything. I'm just pointing out that it's a Reach knife for sure, and I'm dead sure it's my file; but not a big deal. You say you received it in 2010; that's the time-frame when I initially released it. The fact that you don't have the pep sheath suggests it was the initial release, before I developed the sheath. There's a file for a very nice, more Halo-accurate sheath, if you're interested; though kydex sheaths are nice too.

Anyway. I've enjoyed watching this build so far. That helmet looks like it was a pain to pep, but it's looking great so far! I love a good non-spartan build (especially since I still haven't fallen in love with the H4 spartan armor yet). Keep it up!

The knife itself was never pepped tbh it was CNC when i had access to one, i did some time after that the sheath... which i have somewhere here... but thats a casted resin knife and the sheath is as well... which i'll be redoing eventually, as well as a few other items, tbh the Kydex sheath was just a test to see if polyurethane resin could take the heat of the kydex to be molded for my groups military style costumes, >.> it kinda did flex quite a bit but it seemed to go ok.

Now onto the helmet... the problem iv been finding in the past with coating something in resin is that the hot glue decides to separate (bane of living in Aus) so what im thinking of doing is coating the inside and outside with PVA glue first to glue all the paper together, kinda like paper mache but not.... >.> <.< >.> ..... then i was going to coat the inside with a bit of resin then Rondo the inside... i hope this works.... because if not im getting the bloody thing 3D printed.... i really don't think i can be bothered making it again, took me over 5 days of strait building to do it....

In other news the vest has finally be shipped which means i can start on the chest armour.... if its the right size, actually does anyone have any experience with Pantac vests, I got a large size but im 6'4" and about 130kg so >.> im a big guy but... still... as far as i can find the thing should fit me, im not worried about anything except length... mainly because i cant remember the plate sizes....

Nice choice or mounting hardware for the knife. The helmet turned out really nice. I am actually trying to see if I can get an armor set made for my wife and I. We are both U.S. Marines and I thought it would be fitting if we went to a con together as UNSC Marines.

Oh and in response to your Pantac vest issue, the size of the vest goes by the size of ballistic plates. For being 6'4", you would more than likely wear a Large to an XL. It also has to do with torso size length and width. The ballistic plates are supposed to cover from nipple to nipple and from just below the top notch of where your sternum and collar bones meet, to just above your belly button. That should at the very least give you a rough idea of what size you should be. It's hard to measure without the proper items. You should be able to find ballistic vest/ plate sizing charts on the internet as an aid.

Nice choice or mounting hardware for the knife. The helmet turned out really nice. I am actually trying to see if I can get an armor set made for my wife and I. We are both U.S. Marines and I thought it would be fitting if we went to a con together as UNSC Marines.

Oh and in response to your Pantac vest issue, the size of the vest goes by the size of ballistic plates. For being 6'4", you would more than likely wear a Large to an XL. It also has to do with torso size length and width. The ballistic plates are supposed to cover from nipple to nipple and from just below the top notch of where your sternum and collar bones meet, to just above your belly button. That should at the very least give you a rough idea of what size you should be. It's hard to measure without the proper items. You should be able to find ballistic vest/ plate sizing charts on the internet as an aid.

oh nice idea :D with the Marine gear, im going to try and size the templates I designed to the vests so that way all we need are 3 different template sizes or so.... well thats the plan ^_^ thank you for the advice on the vest.. its been a few years since i've used one >.> even then it was sized for me and just given to me.... once i test the templates ill send them through to you :)

Sounds great. I was looking at the way your helmet was built and thinking about some how making the front face portion detach from the helmet it self so its actually two pieces. Something just along the aesthetically pleasing side. I was thinking some time of straps or maybe hinged. Definitely keep me up to date on how this turns out, so far it looks amazing.

Sounds great. I was looking at the way your helmet was built and thinking about some how making the front face portion detach from the helmet it self so its actually two pieces. Something just along the aesthetically pleasing side. I was thinking some time of straps or maybe hinged. Definitely keep me up to date on how this turns out, so far it looks amazing.

I was thinking something along the lines of a tuck buckle probably the easiest i can think of, as well as putting a rubber seal around the edge of the mask to get a nice clean join between the 2, but i wont really be trialing that until i've castes the helmet then ill be going a little nuts on how i approach things.... still got to figure out where the exhaust fans go... and what colour visor i want.... but i still wont know if it fits my large head until iv finished all that >.> i have a feeling its going to be a tad small for me...

OH one other thing the colour for this costume will be custom, but it will lean more towards desert colours me thinks...

So i got bored because the temp has been to erratic to work in, and iv run out of money... coming up to my groups major event Brisbane Zombie Walk... i decided to put my very limited 3D skills to work and start on the SAW from H4 and my groups logo and a logo that will be stamped on all the weapons and armour i create, so here we go... ( oh yer ill put 2 new pics of the M6H iv been working on)

Saw%20WIP%201.jpg

Saw%20WIP%202.jpg

logos.jpg

M6H.jpg

M6H2.jpg

Everything looks awesome man I hope I'll get good enough to make that helmet! Really lookin fwd to seeing it done

Thanks mate :) i hope to finally get around to doing the hardening now that we are coming around to summer and the weather will kinda become more stable :S i would have done it earlier but i used 120gsm paper instead of 200... so i dun goofed... but i have my ways to work around this

AWESOME!!! always good to see another H4 Marine build :D

;) im going custom paint and colour scheme on this, so mainly Coyote brown stuff as well as Desert digital (or for those that don't know Desert MARPAT), so i'll be deviating a little bit from what is shown in the pictures in terms of gear, i mean can't UNSC Marines customise their gear? hehe... but i have seen your work and it is damn good so far. keep up the good work mate :D

;) im going custom paint and colour scheme on this, so mainly Coyote brown stuff as well as Desert digital (or for those that don't know Desert MARPAT), so i'll be deviating a little bit from what is shown in the pictures in terms of gear, i mean can't UNSC Marines customise their gear? hehe... but i have seen your work and it is damn good so far. keep up the good work mate :D

Agreed! Yours looks amazing by the way! You have real skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back