Master Chief by SinisterPropz

SinisterPropz

Hello 405th! I want to formally introduce myself to the community here on the forums and share with you all the suit I made last year as well as the absolute insane journey it has been on since it’s inception.

Attached is just a brief highlight of the adventures I’ve taken Chief on since I finished him for San Diego Comic Con 2022.

Just a small rundown on the suit itself:
It’s primarily 3D printed using Galactic armory files as a base. Most of the files have been heavily modified in post to make it functionally wearable, so I can sit and move naturally.
The suit has built in soundsystem with 4 loud speakers in the front and back which link up to my magnum pistol on my hip. The magnum, using Bluetooth, controls playlists on my phone and allows me to play sound clips and effects from the game.
My suit is very heavy adding around 55 pounds (70 with the laser). My suit however is very comfortable to wear and it’s not unusual for me to wear it for 10-12 hours at a time. I have fans and cooling systems installed throughout the suit to keep me from overheating. I stand around 6’9” in my suit, I’m 6’6” without.

My plans to improve the suit are adding alittle bit of height as well as improving the helmet for better cooling to make it more comfortable to wear for longer periods.

Thank you for checking out my build, I do have some BTS progress pics from awhile back that I plan to share as well.

Attachments

• PNG image.jpeg
    PNG image.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 103
  • SP_IG_MC_LeadWolf_2.jpeg
    SP_IG_MC_LeadWolf_2.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2698.jpeg
    IMG_2698.jpeg
    926.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • 4BBA8EDC-D331-45B4-A502-A5BAD7B15DF2.jpeg
    4BBA8EDC-D331-45B4-A502-A5BAD7B15DF2.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3478.jpeg
    IMG_3478.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3878.jpeg
    IMG_3878.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Heck of a build man!

What is your harness system and what did you modify to increase mobility?
Next time I suit up I’ll take better pics of the harness, but it’s a suspender like system mounted to the COD piece, the cod piece is cut in a way (mimicking the show actually) so that it moves but stays locked in so that I can sit and squat. The actual harness itself is hidden by my undersuit that goes in between my suit and the straps. My leg system is mounted to the cod piece so it’s all supported from there.

"the cod piece is cut in a way (mimicking the show actually) so that it moves but stays locked in so that I can sit and squat."
Got some reference material for that? My cod piece is giving me a bit of trouble in regard to mobility (stop snickering, children).

Also, a walk through on the paint job would be nice.

First, absolutely amazing sir! The fact it looks awesome and also has good mobility and wearability is a value we all strive for lol

How is your undersuit? I see some details right in the stomach area, is that a sewn foam addition to a morph suit?

Hello 405th! I want to formally introduce myself to the community here on the forums and share with you all the suit I made last year as well as the absolute insane journey it has been on since it’s inception.

Attached is just a brief highlight of the adventures I’ve taken Chief on since I finished him for San Diego Comic Con 2022.

Just a small rundown on the suit itself:
It’s primarily 3D printed using Galactic armory files as a base. Most of the files have been heavily modified in post to make it functionally wearable, so I can sit and move naturally.
The suit has built in soundsystem with 4 loud speakers in the front and back which link up to my magnum pistol on my hip. The magnum, using Bluetooth, controls playlists on my phone and allows me to play sound clips and effects from the game.
My suit is very heavy adding around 55 pounds (70 with the laser). My suit however is very comfortable to wear and it’s not unusual for me to wear it for 10-12 hours at a time. I have fans and cooling systems installed throughout the suit to keep me from overheating. I stand around 6’9” in my suit, I’m 6’6” without.

My plans to improve the suit are adding alittle bit of height as well as improving the helmet for better cooling to make it more comfortable to wear for longer periods.

Thank you for checking out my build, I do have some BTS progress pics from awhile back that I plan to share as well.
Absolutely stunning man! I´ve been making my Mark VI too, and I´ve used some references from most Halo costume builders (your´s included). It´s really useful that behind the scenes stuff you uploaded, could you show up the interior of the helmet to see how you have wired up the vent system? I would be really thankful if you could show that process.

Either way congrats man! I´ve seen your suit so much and I love how you made the proportions fit just right.

"the cod piece is cut in a way (mimicking the show actually) so that it moves but stays locked in so that I can sit and squat."
Got some reference material for that? My cod piece is giving me a bit of trouble in regard to mobility (stop snickering, children).

Also, a walk through on the paint job would be nice.
The trick really is the center “cup” piece is completely independent, using thick elastic to keep it in place from several different attachment points. This way when I move it’s kinda almost like an oversized jock strap.

As far as the paintjob, it’s sand, primer filler, sand primer filler (till smooth) Base paint color, dark wash, touch ups, then dry brush weathering for silver accents.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back