Mk Vi Cobalt Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • markanator13 and Anjose- Thank you very much for checking out my build!

• RoxyRoo- Thanks! Yeah, I've only seen a few Scouts floating around, and even less of them actually get finished. Oh well, guess we get to be that much more "unique".

• Will_Turner- Thanks for the kind words! I'll send a message your way to see if I can get that file to you.

• DaSlacker- Thank you! As for the type of Blue I used, the exact brand and color is Rust-oleum Painter's Touch: Gloss Spa Blue

HA!! I love the tea-bag pic. The suit looks good man(about the scale, I don't use scout so I wouldn't know). I'm excited to start my security helmet.

• Thanks, grenades!! Yeah, Scouts seem to be very rare, especially now. I'm kinda thinking I may do the other pieces down the road, just so I have the option to be a full on Scout if I want to be. Hahah!
  • Agreed, I like unique! Especially as far as Mark VI stuff goes. Hard to stand out when they've been around a few years now.
  • Prop, thanks for the feedback! And no worries on the scale thing, I've been keeping notes through all of my builds, so I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thanks for the concern, though. Best of luck on your Security!
Just a tiny update. Nothing much new on the armor itself, just a lot of sanding still, but damn close to being done. Lots of notes being kept on what needs to be trimmed/built up/smoothed/flattened/etc. Anyway, helmet is just about finished. Sanded it with 300-something grit and set down a new layer of primer compatible with my top coat. Then, taped off the entire thing except for the central divider ring. In screenshots, it seems flat like the rest of the pressure suit, so I was hoping to match the texture. Used this spray-on rubber coating instead of paint, but it still seems pretty glossy. Oh well.

th_update7-31-10.png

2 weeks since last post, 2 weeks until I have to have this up and ready to go for PAX! Why the hell do I put myself into these situations?!

Undersuit is underway! Being that I didn't want to wait for the Bluerealm patterns to be released, my neighbor and I have been hard at work trying to piece it together. The entire suit so far is made out of a vinyl material. Still need to stitch in some spandex in key areas (sides/chest/back/etc) to give the build some give.
th_DSC00156.jpgth_DSC00155.jpgth_DSC00151.jpg
th_DSC00159.jpgth_DSC00160.jpgth_DSC00167.jpg

Helmet is the only other thing with photos to update. The rest of the plate armor suit is still being bondo'd and sanded. Very close to having the rest of that as smooth as I'd like, then etch in some details. As for the helmet, it has been painted, but needs to be dirtied up a bit, I think. The "battle damage" just makes it shinier. Got the effect by laying down a silver base coat, then marking the areas I wanted damaged with toothpaste, applying the top coat, and then cleaning off the toothpaste. Got the overall feeling I wanted, but seems like there'd be a better way to do it. Also, I got kinda lazy and impatient while doing it. >_> Other than that, it is ready for the visor, pads, and electronics. Still need to finish the comm perm that'll go on the side. It is proving hard to figure out how to mod it to fit on this curved helm.
th_DSC00162.jpgth_DSC00163.jpgth_DSC00164.jpg
th_DSC00165.jpgth_DSC00166.jpg

Kicking it into high gear for these last few days. 18 more to go!! Hold on to your butts, cause this is gonna be a close call...

this looks amazing! i love the chipped silver over the blue, adds a nice effect!

and oh my god !! spray on rubber coating! you've solved my problem of the black part of kats helmet! :D

This is by far my favorite armor I've seen so far! Love the scout helm but haven't really seen any :( you're the inspiration to my armor!

This looks amazing. Great job! I have been wanting to make some armor for a long time, and am finally getting around to doing it. I am actually planning on doing scout too. I just love the helmet and the design for it. Its really cool. And thanks to your thread, I will know some of the areas to watch out for doing the helmet and such :p

Love the suit!!!!

• Thank you, Ace. Glad that you give it your approval! Also, hope that spray on rubber works out for you.
  • Pip- Really? Favorite?! That means a lot, and seems kinda weird to think of myself as being inspiring to others. But I appreciate the thought, and best of luck with your build!
  • morid- glad to hear you are doing a Scout as well! We need some more of us running around in these threads. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
  • Very small update on my end, though doesn't have to do with my actual suit exactly. Finally got my Bevbor Needler built. Doing sort of a Halo 2/3 mix. I like the handguard pieces, but not the belly lumps. So, those open ports will be taped over while slushing the inside with Rondo to make it smooth. As for the actual needles, bought some clear casting epoxy from EasyCast. Planning to make a model out of wood, then a master mold out of wax. Hopefully, it'll work... though, I have no idea what I'm doing. Oh well.
th_DSC00173.jpg th_DSC00174.jpg

honestly I think the scout is the coolest helmet in halo, wore that and only that even after I gots my recons. So seeing an amazingly built scout helm right there made me go :$ lol

honestly I think the scout is the coolest helmet in halo, wore that and only that even after I gots my recons. So seeing an amazingly built scout helm right there made me go :$ lol

HAHA I totally agree with you pip. Scout is definitely the best helmet.

Hale - Thanks for the offer. I might be hitting you up about that soon :p. but first I need to get a printer XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back