Mkvi Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloGoddess said:
Well, if you are going to paint it, you batter make sure you can still see through it! D: lol

And I know that there are quite a few people that search around on ebay for the gold tinted visors. I believe it's an HJC branded visor. I've seen them on ebay myself.

But that is looking really good so far. I have that one pepped as well as the HD version. I'm having issues since I'm not making it for myself! XD

im not into ebay coz i dont have credit cards lols.. so im just visiting some motorcycle accessories stores and hopefully they sell gold visors.. but unfortunately i cant find one that sells gold visors...

coolguy26 said:
nice helmet!

btw what was the scale in height?

i didnt change the scales so its in default of 264... lucky for me it fits :D

Last edited by a moderator:
btw here's my progress so far.. started 7am and finished at 5:30pm and this is all ive done, crap...

been doing a lot of bondo lately.. added some nice details, done with the right part.. tomorrow i'll do the other side..

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

thank you very much... i'd like to put my heart onto it when im working on something.. lols.. even if it doesnt look good atleast i know i work on it 100% lols..

ive checked some moto accessories stores, they only sell clear and dark tint ones... but today i might go to a diff place to check if they sell gold ones... hopefully i might find what im looking for.

almost done with my helmet... got the gold visor on some retailer store yeah!

i'll add the side vents last.. need to find something that resembles it...

here are the pics of my progress so far...

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

blackwolf824 said:
That looks awesome....I've never used glass before. What type are you using? (brand and availability infor would be nice too) :) :)

its not glass, the visor i used is for a motorcycle helmet, i think its index moto helmet.. its the closest one to a gold finish so i bought it...

I was referring to the process you used after resin....you called it "glass". I assumed it was a type of fiberglass, but I am so new to this that I was looking for specific info on products to look for. I am just starting on the pep process.

blackwolf824 said:
I was referring to the process you used after resin....you called it "glass". I assumed it was a type of fiberglass, but I am so new to this that I was looking for specific info on products to look for. I am just starting on the pep process.

oh i see... i thought it was the visor your referring to... anyways.. just said glassing to shorten up fiberglassing.. :D

im in the Philippines so most likely you cant find the brand that i used, i just bought it to a manufacturing company for fiberglass...

anyways all you'll need is some resin and fiberglass mat.. that'll do your fiberglassing needs... as for the brand... hmmm

check this one

thats one of my reference materials.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back