Models, Message To All Unfolders.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here goes, now just clear something up... I didn't make these files, they were made by someone on the Google Sketchup 3d Warehouse, and i commend them for their awesome stuff!!!

Now while I was browsing the 3d warehouse i stumbled across a space marine helmet...

SpaceMarineHelmet.jpg

And then a full suit...

SpaceMarineFullBody.jpg

After some playing around...

Front:

SpaceMarineBodyExploded.jpg

Back:

SpaceMarineFullExplodedBack.jpg

And that is not all, there are thousands upon thousands of cool stuff to download. Warthogs, ghost, wraithe, weapons, helmets, armor, and Elephant!

HaloStuff.jpg

So while I was browsing through these i though... PEPAKURA... and it just went through my mind over and over again. But heres the problem. I've got no idea how to unfold them, or even if they open in Pep... So if anyone is interested. I'd either download sketchup (which is free)and have a browse through the 3d warehouse or PM me for the models... I suggest you do the first one, and keep us posted.

If your reading this, NZ-TK or Rundown or any other great unfolder, i think it would be awesome to have a full dawn of war suit and well worth your time....

P.S if there is a Topic already about this I am sorry, i searched for a while but couldn't find any feel free to move the topic or delete it, also if someone already mentioned this sorry....

Cheers, Dave.

The problem is that without the permission of the author of those files it would be wrong(illegal even I think) to mess with them in anyway.

Robby said:
The problem is that without the permission of the author of those files it would be wrong(illegal even I think) to mess with them in anyway.

I've seen quite a few on there that are happy for you to use thier model as long as you give them credit. Others you will have to ask though. And some just say NO. So with some, if not most it would be alright. But if you use it without permission then it is illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats not the only problem robby.

The main problem is thats its made in sketchup or a sketchup file. Witch is a pain to edit for pep use and a pain to convert.

rundown said:
Well thats not the only problem robby.

The main problem is thats its made in sketchup or a sketchup file. Witch is a pain to edit for pep use and a pain to convert.

Actually you could just open in in Google Earth and save it in Google Earth and it'll save as a .kml or .kmz file.

Last edited by a moderator:
@rundown...

As of yet i am still waiting for a reply from the creator, but i have sketchup pro and you are able to easily export the model as an OBJ file... So yeah, as of using pep i have no idea. If the fellow says i can use it then i'll convert the files to OBJ and if you want send em to you or anyone else willing... If not i'll have to sit down and learn pep....

*edit

Okay, the fellow said i could use his files. . freindly bloke to, but onto it, PM me if you want the OBJ's, i'll have them ready by tommorrow night, I've already had some one offer to do the unfold... (unbadass) so if anyone else wants to i dunno, share the work load and do a peice of armor each....

*EDit

Anyway i exported the model from sketchup as an OBJ file extension and when i opened it in pep in came out like this....

wtf.jpg

I really don't know if this is because i don't have the right stuff set right on my pc or if its because i don't have the full version of pep.

I'm beginning to think i know why rundown said this would be a pain in the butt..

*Edit

I fixed the problem, i exported it as a 3ds model and that worked brilliantly

Itworked.jpg

Ignore the dodgy stuff on the left.

*Edit

It didn't take as long as i thought it would, and so i got all the pieces separated out of the main body and then made them .3ds files, due to me being completely illiterate to pep, all you unfolders are welcome to come and, well, unfold... just PM me.. Lol...

The Chest In Pep:

ChestPep.jpg

The Shoulder In Pep:

ShoulderPep-1.jpg

And the Backpack In Pep:

ShoulderPep.jpg

These are just a few of the files...

(Also the reason for just editing my previous post is because i don't want to clog up the page...)

Cheers, Dave.

Normally I would jump at the opportunity to help unfold something, but my plate is way too full already. I have 5 builds going right now, plus unfolding a couple other things for a future builds. Sorry brother. I hope someone unfolds it, for the sake of it being an awesome project.

Okay, I've decided to do it myself, gotta learn sooner or later...

One question though... Why is it black??

WhySoblack.jpg

??? Lol, Thanks in advance...

Cheers, Dave.

One question though... Why is it black??

WhySoblack.jpg

See the multicolored cube next to the light bulb in the second row of menu buttons? Click on that so that it's not on, and that should solve your problems.

there are still alot of open edges... see that red lines? thats what i'm talking about. That wont connect if you unfold it...

it should be a clean blank model normally...

@Nightshade

Thanks man...

@Rundown

How pray tell do i rectify that?

Oh and i think i'm getting the hang of this unfolding, its actually rather simple.

Cheers, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back