My 1st helmet build. Daft Punk Guy Helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the lack of updates, I guess this thread is taken over by Thomas because thats the only one I'm working on atm.

Here's some progress pics:
Bondo'd
imag0136i.jpg

Visor cut out and sanded a bit and painted white
1001001t.jpg

After sanding down a bit, plus wet sanding (OMFG, Wet sanding is freakin awesome)
imag0146la.jpg

After more sanding down and partially painted silver:
imag0150sf.jpg

Almost done, Placed the Visor in, and my homemade gloves put on:
imag0152o.jpg

I'm currently going to fix some more problematic spots w/ bondo & Spot putty and while thats happening, I'm gonna bondo the ears to the helmet then its time for the final sanding/wet sanding stage and then I'm painting it. :D

EDIT:
I used up maybe 20 sandpaper sleeves on just the bottom of the can. Sapporo makes really thick cans for some reason. Yes, it got super hot! I wore gardening gloves when holding the can. The thing you need to do is get a hole just big enough for the Dremel sandpaper barrel to fit into and just slowly work your way outward. It takes time. Took me an hour! Good luck! You can do this!!!

And make sure to wear eye protection!!! Lots of crap will fly up at you!

I did this in about 3 mins. Per ear. No joke. o_o
With this weird drill looking bit I cut out most of the bottom of the Arizona (Like 98% of it) Then I just sanded it down with the sandpaper sleeve thingies. lol Pretty easy. :)

EDIT #2:
I forgot to cut out the vents on the bottom of the Visor lip? Idk that name of it. (Where there's 3 rectangles. 2 small and 1 large one)
How would I go cutting them?
The cutting wheel on my dremel is waay bigger than the small rectangles. Mr. Pinksi, I need your words of wisdom!

Looking good! Hows the Guy helmet coming?
Really interested how far you got and if you did the visor?

Nice work on Thomas B helmet though!

any new progress? sorry if i'm necro posting. It looks so good! I wish mine will turn out that good. Oh, and could I have that Guy pep please? :3

EDIT: found it on youtube! :D

Necro-Posting but w/e.
Not sure if anyone cares or anything but I might restart my whole guy-manuel helmet.
Might possibly try to fix it and continue working on it.

Also I have the pep files (Both Thomas & Guy-Manuel) if anyone wants them. PM me.
My only request is that people actually try to make them and post their progress here. I want to see what other people can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back