My armor IS stronger than yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a marksman by hobby. Let me at it with my rifle. It will have more holes than swiss cheese.

EDIT: I have penetrated class V vests with my rife before, so his armor better be rated better than that. Not much can stand in the way of a DU penetrating round.

Maybe, but I'd bet that Titanium and Kevlar is going to stop a round faster than 1/2inch of fiberglass... Wishing yo luck, but you have a LOT of work to do to make that helmet look like th real deal... going to need a lot of shaping.

There's a photo somewhere of Thor standing on one of his chest pieces.

My thoughts exactly as soon as I saw the title of this thread. (all hail Thorssoli :) ) Anyway, I'm not sure how this looks like Master Chief or spartan armor in any way. Hopefully some more work is in the future. But I would love to see a tut on the HUD. Definitely worth looking into I'm sure for a lot of people here. Keep up the good work!

just when I thought going bullet proof was to far ........well while your at it add some hydrolics for your arms and legs might as well increase the strength too lol

Oh yay :D I enjoy watching overkill builds... Good luck, even if this is waaayyy over the top. This is one of the reasons I like this forum as much as I do XD

This sounds dangerous if you have no idea what you're doing. Also, it will really only count if the end result actually looks like a MK VI helmet.

Ok your a marksman, but that doesn't change the nature of what you are shooting. No matter how well you can aim it, you are still shooting titanium and kevlar. Also it depends on the type of firearm you use. If its a .50 cal sure, but I bet no matter how good you are, you cant make it look like swiss cheese with a .22.

This is interesting, though I don't know why you want it water proof.

Good luck.

Ok your a marksman, but that doesn't change the nature of what you are shooting. No matter how well you can aim it, you are still shooting titanium and kevlar. Also it depends on the type of firearm you use. If its a .50 cal sure, but I bet no matter how good you are, you cant make it look like swiss cheese with a .22.

This is interesting, though I don't know why you want it water proof.

Good luck.

The waterproofing is necessary because my helmet is also a diving helmet, which is also why my HUD tut is sucking right now, as im still doing water tests, and can't put the electronics in for risk of leaking/ $300 to $400 loss in systems.

FYI - .22 is a glorified pop gun. if even that. you probably couldn't make swiss cheese out of cheese with a .22

why not just change the name of the thread to "my dive helmet" because there is no way you are going to shape that helmet into a MKVI without using bondo, my suggestion is restart with a pep base and attempt waterproofing it once you have a better idea of what you are doing

I know you intend to make this into a diving helmet, so do you plan on making a diving suit to match the helmet? personally I would rather dive with a certified diving helmet made for diving when my life depends on the helmet, but thats just me, what version of the MC helmet do you paln to make this into, prob your best bet would be the MKV with the round front, anyways good luck

Personally, it kind of reminded me of the mk3 armour from dead space. That could make for an interesting helmet build, plus the suit would be a lot easier and probably be better for diving in.

lol i cant wait to see how this turns out, really want to see how your able to transform it into MC helmet but hell i have faith in you lol

FYI - .22 is a glorified pop gun. if even that. you probably couldn't make swiss cheese out of cheese with a .22

In that case would you should yourself in the temple with a .22? Didn't think so. People have still died from getting shot with a .22 and as a self proclaimed "marksman" one would think you wouldn't say something so careless when it concerns firearms.

FYI: arrogance doesn't stop bullets

Haven't any of you seen Mister Chief before? lol

MisterChief.jpg
MisterChief.jpg
Mister_Chief_copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back