My (Bad) Armor+ Other Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek

Jr Member
Hey guys, I never posted anything about this, but I've been working on this armor for awhile, and I finished it for Halloween last week. I'm sure you all want pics (pics or it didn't happen =D)

So here we are, with pics-

CQB-

[attachment=13356:1023090622-01.jpg]

Full Body-

[attachment=13357:1106092208-00.jpg]

CQB and Chest-

[attachment=13358:1106092210-00.jpg]

Yes the armor is too small, thats why I went ahead and finished it for Halloween instead of taking my time.

I used a modified paper mache method- I got regular paper, put some glue on it and applied it to my piece (which was pepped from cardstock, just reinforced with regular paper). On top of that I brushed some more glue to seal and act as extra strength. A few layers really worked well.

I've got more to post, but for now this is it.

What I learned-

-Let smooth parts fold themselves

-Only strengthen the inside

-Dollar store stuff can be good

-Kilz things atleast 2 times before adding gooping amounts of glue

-Scale correctly

Adam Anderson said:
try to make your next set of armor less warped

Queen said:
It doesn't look finished to me.

these guys (and girls) didn't sound to optimistic about it, not saying bad about just not really a lot there or positive.

anyways, looks cool, the silver looks good too, i would say it looks finished enough to be called done, reminds me of the golden chief figure but platinum :), maybe could have used more detail but you can do that next time round :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to NOT rush, dude. Don't EVER rush. I'm sure your next set of armor will be much better if you take your time and put in all the details.

Ugh ... I was hoping for something nice when I clicked on this topic. First off, regular paper? Come on, no wonder why it's warped. Secondly, that is no where near finished not to mention that it looks like you just took the easy files and made a suit off of that. I mean ... a CQB with a suit of MK V ... You definetly need to go back to the drawing board and start now for next year.

- Adulese

The armor was to small. He dosent have a groin protector he has a thong. XD I can makefun of him all i want.cuz im wearing his helmet! :)

Um it is premium cardstock, I just used regular paper to re-enforce it. The reason why I rushed is the armor was already too small, and I knew it wasn't worthy of fiberglass and resin so I used paper mache. It actually turned out nice after my friends stopped laughing (I refer to my armor as Fail Chief) I will defidentaly be MUCH more careful next time, and I really don't even know why I posted this here now...

But thanks for the criticism, and I'll get to posting pictures of my Marine helmet I made for a friend (it's actually good)

Oh and Adulese, I think that Mk V goes well with CQB.

Edit

And I must thank you, ForgedReclaimer, for being optimistic. As I've said, I learned my lessons, and I won't repeat them

Ok, here's pics of the Marine Helmet-

[attachment=13360:1107090015-00.jpg]

Back-

[attachment=13361:1107090015-0.jpg]

Front Perspective-

[attachment=13362:1107090015-02.jpg]

I know the green may look bad, but I used my phone to take the pictures, and I just put a little color on the helmet to see what it looked like. I'm probably going to do 1 primer, 1 silver, 2 green and then lightly sand some of the green off for a weathered effect

Oh, yes I do know that the cheek pieces are bent, its because I was an idiot while I was re-enforcing, and I did the top first, and the weight of that sank onto those pieces. But it all goes towards the weathered look, and I think it'll be great once it's done. This is for one of my friends (no I'm not selling it, I'm just trying to be nice)

Got lemons? Make lemonade!

The point is to learn from mistakes and get tips from others. I don't think there are many of us on this forum who got it right the first time. I know I didn't get it right the first time.

Marine Helmet looks good except for the bent cheek piece... :)

It looks like you rush on your armour, and it looks far from done. And this was even after I read what you said dude, fail chief is correct! No offense :)

nice work on the Marine Helmet! :) better than my first attempt. and as for the first set of armor you posted about in this thred. i reckon its pretty good for a first try (mine looked worse :( ) but anyways keep up the good work m8!

I think overall, you did a good job on the armor itself for the time frame you worked in. I just disagree with calling it finished when it isn't. And no, MK V doesn't go with CQB. However, the EOD chest perm does.

- Adulese

I can't see what all the fuss is over. This seems like an okay first attempt. It doesn't matter if you rushed for halloween, just take some more time on the next project. All in all, it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of people on this site's first attempts. :p

the helmet was warpped but it was a heck of alot better than my first try, which fell apart as i tried putting it on. hope to see more from you and take your time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back