My First Attempt At Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Jr Member
hi guys i know i maybe on the wrong site but been reading alot on here and you all seem a good bunch of guys and wanted to try pepakura, I know this is mainly halo stuff but the iron man suit really took my eye as its my fav film ever, So just wanted to share my progress so here goes........

IMG00004-20091104-0058.jpg

This was my second attemped just used thin card first time round and found it didnt hold its shape so this one is using 240 gram card and found it alot better ......

IMG00006-20091107-1603.jpg

This is pep model with 2 coats of resin and 1 coat of fiberglass its really strong now but gaining wieght all the time :( i see why most of you guys make molds and pour in plastic....

IMG00007-20091107-1603.jpg

Ok no laughing this is my first attempt at bondo only just put it on tonight and posted so still need to rub it down but quite happy with how its going so far i used the card to hopefully make nice sharp lines i guess ill lets you know how that went when i start rubbing.......

anyway guys thanks for all you cool vids they have been a great help and i hope to be as good as you all some day, Please any tip and feeback are highly welcome anything for an easy life..

It looks okay so far. Don't worry about it not being Halo. The 405th has a few random costumes floating around.

HI guys just a quick update just started sanding my bondo down and it was taking an age dont know if anyone has mentioned it before but tried using a metal file first and it works really well shapes and smooths it really easy and fast then all you have to do is finish it off with a bit of wet and dry ....

thanks for all your coments should get the back finished up in the morning and well post another pic

oh and the card worked really well lines are really crisp :)

hey demolition could you post a link to the pep file that you used for the mask? i started my own masterchief mask but it has alot more corners and curves on it than the iron man mask seems to have and it is my first time building a pep model so i want it too be somewhat manageable i started on my masterchief last night and got quite discouraged :(

ok sweet. i notice the armor is in 3 pieces so hopefully i can figure that out! is it scaled to where i can just change the paper size to letter and it will print off fine?

haha nice i just changed it to letter and printed it out and hope it comes out to a decent size. right now i dont even care if it fits i just to make it look good! its not like im gunna be wearing it i just wanna be like hey look what i made haha

tbonejones247 said:
haha nice i just changed it to letter and printed it out and hope it comes out to a decent size. right now i dont even care if it fits i just to make it look good! its not like im gunna be wearing it i just wanna be like hey look what i made haha

You're avatar is distracting....

OT

Nice IronMan helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys just an update on how things are going i got bondo sanded and primed and got ears on just needs a little more sanding and filling here and there and the back will be ready i think im pretty happy with it for a first try....

IMG00008-20091108-1238.jpg

looking good so far ... any idea yet on the armor ? ... yeah ..like Queen said . dont worry .. theres a few other costume beside HALO here and i myself planning to do Cybercop costume next year .. ahaha

i wanna get the helmet finish before peping the rest but hope to do all the armor theres lots of bits to it tho just not sure how to put them all together when made

i guess im pepakuraly challanged, i put together the iron man neck/ears peice and it turned out alright not as good looking as anyone elses i have seen. idk i think i may have to give up on this pep crap and just be an admirer of everyone elses work. :/ womp womp womp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back