my first mold noble 6 suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the tip! i was going to put two more coats on and them make the mother mold. but ill use that for my next mold. and i was saying im all caught up with my progress so far. btw your helmets look awesome!

sorry its been a while sence ive posted any updates ive been sick but ive had alot of time to work on the chest made by L3X BLU3R1V3R. awesome file only one i could find with paper side panels!
IMAG0119.jpg

the helmet is not a cast but one i made a little while ago by rundown
the chest is about 95% done ill be able to finnish it tonight and brush on the plastic.
IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

more pic updates eather tonight or tomorrow :)

geoat2t: it look sick.....it hot .... where did u get the sheild from??

not sure what you mean but if you mean the visor its from a motor cycle lens i cut up.

Hyperballistik: So hows the mold coming out so far?

Its taken for ever lol. I might call you later on in the week so we can make some cast :). Right now im making the mother mold and it should be done Wednesday not 100% sure but definitely this week.

*Update* Finished brushing on the plastic and started peping the arms pics later this week to lol.

*Update*

Ok sorry its been a while but hears what Ive been up too...
IMAG0131.jpg

i finished the chest casted,primed needs some sanding but not alot (thank God!)
IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg
IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

I also finished peping the right arm and almost done with the left
IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

i also printed out the pelvis but haven't got around to cuting it out yet but soon tomorrow ill be working on the mold.
more pics tomorrow. Haven't decided on what color to make the suit yet??? any suggestions?

wow man this is very clean work, very inspiring keep up the great work cant wait to see the final product keep up the great work!

*BIG UPDATE*

Ok so first is i finished both right and left arms. and one night i discovered that my paintball arm pads hold the armor pretty well so i might skip out on buying under armor.

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

reinforced and primed

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

ok so hear is another idea i had, instead of cutting all the way threw the chest and having front and back, i decided to cut ony the bottom and add more reinforcement to the bottom with cardboard and plastic.

i also used the cardboard to make keys for a snug fit.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

ok so i also cut of the collar because my head is to big to fit lol... so hears what it looks like without it.

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

and sence i cut off the collar i realized it looks funny without it so I bought some foam sheets and I found a method that you can heat it up and it will take shape of what ever you bend it to. so what I did was used what cut off as a mold and basically stretched it over like a vacume mold.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

alos i peped the pelvis and one thigh but ill post when i get a chance to take a pic.

Just to stop further confusion on the part of readers I wanted to clear up some terminology for you.
What you are building is a called pep model, an original, or a "Master" not a mold.
A mold (or mould) refers to a container used to make the shape of the required parts or products. It works either by pouring or painting a self hardening material (such as plastic, fiberglass and resin, rondo, or plaster of Paris) into the container, or by pressure, or rotation there by producing a casting (also known as a pull, part, or replica) of the originally built pep model, scratch build, part, or "Master". Now that that's said, your armor is looking very good.

Thats the 8x11" sheets of that craft foam isn't it? cuz it don't look like the eva foam but looks like it works, Your catching up to me with my busa build, but now im building a reach set of armor at night when I cant do body work on the busa, but i'll tell you about it at the field

BenStreeper

Just to stop further confusion on the part of readers I wanted to clear up some terminology for you.
What you are building is a called pep model, an original, or a "Master" not a mold.
A mold (or mould) refers to a container used to make the shape of the required parts or products. It works either by pouring or painting a self hardening material (such as plastic, fiberglass and resin, rondo, or plaster of Paris) into the container, or by pressure, or rotation there by producing a casting (also known as a pull, part, or replica) of the originally built pep model, scratch build, part, or "Master". Now that that's said, your armor is looking very good.

I actually made a mold of the helmet and thats why this thread exist but threw out making the helmet i decided to make a suit.

Liamthedevastator

Wow, this is looking awesome. What kind of foam did you buy?

its Darice Foamies i got it at www.Joann.com

So small update I realized that I'm behind and my deadline is getting to close, so I've decide to make a file per day. Anyway hears a pic of the pelvis and the thighs.
44f2de52-44f0-1cc1.jpg

Sent from my HTC HERO

florida eh? im now forced to ask what city your in? im in tallahassee. i like meeting people here at 405th that are in the same state.

Yeah that deadline is coming up soon, Im sick as a dog and now I can't work on the busa suit, so that is going to slow down my progress, looks like all you need is the shins then you get all of the fun body work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back