My first official build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the weight is electronics, lets see, two small speakers, two fans, some lights, a MP3 player, walkie talkie, and a UBS hook up in the back for a jump drive that looks like a data chip. (that's for my film project, but hey it was fun building it.)

Well thats cool i dont know if i will go that far with the electronics but most likely the walkie talkie route. i have run into a snag with my big head helmet tho.

img0084hfy.jpg

img0085kb.jpg

I got more of the shape down but i cant for the life of me think of how to finish the top.....
I may put this helmet on hold until after i complete the scout helmet(which im printing the templates out for tomorrow at work[my printer decided to quit working])

Well crap I emailed my work email the .xps file for the H3 scout pep and tried to print it out at work to no avail. Our systems wouldn't let me open directly from my email and I don't have the right security access to save then print. Anyone know of a way to convert a pep unfold to a PDF file? I can't seem to find it.

so i finally got it converted to a PDF file. hopefully tomorrow it will let me print at work so i can get to work on my foam Scout helmet.

Well it worked!!! converting it to pdf did the trick. my pep template has been printed now when i get home from work today i will be working on modifying it for the foam build

Looks great thus far! I've wondered what it was like to work with foam. How long has it taken for you helmet?

i spy with my little eye a frok. wait why is there i frok.

what is a frok?

This helmet only took me a few hours but it was a quick templateless dry run.

UPDATE: got the templates and am working on assembly. I have been modifying the pep templates as i go. the first few pieces were simple and required no modification.
img0088ig.jpg

img0089bm.jpg

img0090s.jpg

img0091do.jpg

Froks are what Spartans eat with, Rookie.

Nice job, I know what its like to fail over and over. Keep goin, I like your 3rd try on your helm. Go slow.

Yea this one I am going very very slow. Taking my good old time because I want it to be spectacular. Not to mention I have to modify the regular pep pieces for foam lol don't want to mess up

img0098rh.jpg

img0099bm.jpg

img0101km.jpg

img0104zdm.jpg

img0109zc.jpg

img0110ok.jpg

img0111xv.jpg

i used this breathable foam to allow for ventilation
img0112of.jpg

img0113tv.jpg

well i know there is still a lot to clean up and im not super satisfied with it but this is what i have gotten done tonight

okay that's a lot smaller then the last one. plus it's really cool looking just the way it is.

Yea this one actually fits correctly. I have some mods to do to it. My chin sticks out the bottom of the front so I have to lengthen it there and ad some dimensional add ons. Going to get the craft foam when I get off work tonight

well good luck the the detail work, becasue i'm about to update my photobucket, of all my stuff you should check it out some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back