My First Pieces Of Armor( Doing Hd Chest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th3 FETT MAN said:
thanks for the replys ill have to get some money for some glue and a gun.
I went to Wal*Mart yesterday to get myself some glue and a glue gun expecting it to be a lot, but i found a small low temp glue gun for $4.95, and a pack of 20 mini gluesticks for it about $5, so with tax it's like $11, you shouldn't have to save too long, if even at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Msj2705 said:
I went to Wal*Mart yesterday to get myself some glue and a glue gun expecting it to be a lot, but i found a small low temp glue gun for $4.95, and a pack of 20 mini gluesticks for it about $5, so with tax it's like $11, you shouldn't have to save too long, if even at all
I dont have job so ill have to get a way to get some money.

Th3 FETT MAN said:
I dont have job so ill have to get a way to get some money.
go to a furniture store and dig in the sofas, i'm not even kidding, you will get like $20 in coins

Do not take offense to this as I am in a similar situation, it's quite obvious that your on a tight budget and I think you should consider that this will take a lot of money and time up! Sometimes things won't go as well as you hope for and you could end up wasting some of your money so, in my noobie opinion (joined a couple of weeks ago), I think you should do some more pepakura models before you think about fibreglassing your armour so it looks as good as can be. Also, make sure you use a piece you don't plan on using for your final armour (preferably something small like a handpiece) when you first try your hand at resining because if you mess up even a little, you will have to throw that piece away! Other than that, welcome and I'm sure that the mods will be happy that you took the time to read the stickies and put some effort in yourself before posting 'help I'm new' threads! Good luck and keep us updated,

SparTom

thanks, and im waiting to fiberglass anything until i can get better stuff.
I was thing of remaking the right shoe and use the 2 piece instead of the 1 piece

Th3 FETT MAN said:
thanks, and im waiting to fiberglass anything until i can get better stuff.
I was thing of remaking the right shoe and use the 2 piece instead of the 1 piece
Fiber glass and the respirator will more than likely be a lot more expensive than the glue, can't use a crappy cloth surgeon mask thing for it=\

Msj2705 said:
Fiber glass and the respirator will more than likely be a lot more expensive than the glue, can't use a crappy cloth surgeon mask thing for it=\
I already have the resin and resporator. It is a fiber glass one.

Macto Cognatus said:
Love the scooby-doo blanket dude ;)
Thanks i enjoy them too.

dozver12 said:
i used masking tape for my armor and it works good. but thats mainly because its paper tape. dont use scotch tape it sucks.

you obviously havent got to the resin/fibreglassing stage.

everybody knows that resin/fibreglass/bondo MELTS any kind of tape. even melts some glue's

please dont ecnourage people to use stuff when you have no idea what youre talking about

Update- 7/19/08
Heres the magnum im working on.Still WIP.
100_4815.jpg

100_4816.jpg

CQB Sholder. I cant figure out where the rest of the pieces go if any one can help me with this one im kinda confused with it.
100_4817.jpg

Here is my new HD left boot(its the 2 piece). Almost done with front.
100_4820.jpg

Thanks, and any comments please add.

Looks pretty good, so far.

Be careful, though. I wouldn't really call this a double-post, because you 'did' add some new pics, but, watch yourself. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back