My MA5K

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Hey all, I’ll try to actually create a thread that I update. So this project started because someone wanted to do a commission and they couldn’t afford it. But I got a bit too interested in it myself and now I decided to take a crack at it just for fun!

My goals with the project is to make it fully functional and by that I mean…

-working bolt and charging handle!
-working mag release!
-a squeezable trigger!
-working flashlight!
-clicking selector switch!
-adjustable stock!
-hinged dust cover
-adjustable iron sights!

The whole idea is to have things that WORK. So here’s some of the 3D modeling progress. I apologize for the quality as I didn’t intend to post progress of my work.

I first mocked it up by using the MA40 (infinite), the grip from the Hydra, and the carry handle from the BR75. Just to get a picture in my head of how I want it to look like.

I shortened the MA40 by a good chunk and altered the barrel to be loosely based off the SMG.

IMG_6088.jpeg
IMG_6125.jpeg
9E85ECCB-0522-40E3-9757-0B012E01E9EA.jpeg

So did some more messing around and basically went down this hole of trying to get the scale right. So as we all know the guns in the halo games have wonky scale. The first sign that something was off with my scaling was when the magazine looked like it could hold .50 BMG rounds. So after a long arduous journey of doing some math I think I finally have it scaled right.

Now just because the bullets fit in the mag that shouldn’t be the go to to knowing whether or not something is “to scale” from the game model. But I imagine we will see once it’s all printed out.
IMG_6241.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg

DUUUDE this looks sick

if you make the files available id definitely try my hand at printing one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back