My Mandalorian Project

ZeldaCat

Jr Member
So for the past week, I’ve been using my family’s resin printer to start on the helmet of my Mandalorian cosplay. It’s going to be kind of an oc character, and I got the .stl file off Thingiverse. I have 3 pieces printed so far, and I’ve run into a couple of issues with the edges not being completely even and the slots that are supposed to be for putting the pieces together aren’t big enough for the pegs, but I’m hoping that I can troubleshoot and complete the project without any major issues. It’s mostly my dad that’s doing all the work, though.
Anyways, I hope I can get a little support and advice with this project in the future.

Helmet file:

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
So for the past week, I’ve been using my family’s resin printer to start on the helmet of my Mandalorian cosplay. It’s going to be kind of an oc character, and I got the .stl file off Thingiverse. I have 3 pieces printed so far, and I’ve run into a couple of issues with the edges not being completely even and the slots that are supposed to be for putting the pieces together aren’t big enough for the pegs, but I’m hoping that I can troubleshoot and complete the project without any major issues. It’s mostly my dad that’s doing all the work, though.
Anyways, I hope I can get a little support and advice with this project in the future.

Helmet file:
I also have an image of a concept for the helmet design
IMG_1302.jpeg

Hi ZeldaCat
I made a mando suit a few years ago! I made a build video as well! I hope that if I share it you might find it helpful! I look froward to seeing your build!

Mandalorian character lore:

• She was born on Coruscant and she lost her parents during a time when the empire was still going strong and that a troop of stormtroopers had been patrolling nearby after somebody claimed to have seen abnormal activity in that area, and she had to stow away on a ship flying to the minor outer rim planet Koboh, where she learned a little more about the force from a small group of Jedi hidden there, but the Empire found their covert and hunted them down and she tried to find a way off world in whatever way she could, and she stowed away on cargo shipments and hid until she was found by Mandalorians and taken into their covert and she trained and took the creed.
  • Trained in the creed while still honing her force capabilities and possessing a lightsaber.
  • As Mandalore and Jedi ways are almost entirely opposite from each other, the lightsaber has gained the quality of shifting between shades of pink and red, and the force powers work differently.
  • The fact that one lifestyle she lives is slightly preferred over the other leads to changes in the way she individually influences the force. She can tap into the Sith power of force lightning because of her traumatic experiences and strong feelings of pain, but it never tempts her to become Sith, as she has sworn them as her worst enemy. She can influence the morale of her fellow Mandalorians and allies, as well as releasing the limiters for adrenaline on her allies temporarily along with the morale boost, which improves physical performance for short periods of time, which grow longer as their bodies get used to it and she gains a deeper connection with the force. Other powers include mastery of anatomical control to hurt or heal someone.
  • Has never removed her helmet in front of another, and would incapacitate whoever tries, rather violently. Holds a vial of the living water from the mines of Mandalore with her for its high healing power.
  • Not very athletic like other Mandalorians can be, and is scared of heights, but can be lethal if something happens that threatens her or her allies.
  • Trust is hard to come by with her, as she has had problems with trusting the wrong people in the past that have cost her.
  • Has an extensive arsenal of weaponry, but leaves opponents alive if they have good enough reasoning.
  • Has a deep-rooted hatred for any who ally themselves with the Sith or the Empire.
  • Very quiet, and has a violent reputation, but a strong ally to have, and social with friends and allies.

These are just my many ideas for my Mandalorian character's backstory and stuff. Also, I have decided against the cat-ears and Zelda Triforce, as they're kind of just too much. The main helmet color will stay pink, though. Possibly more of a hot-pink or fuchsia color.

The helmet has gotten some good progress on it, and the largest pieces are now held together with epoxy resin. I'm somehow missing 2 pieces: The flag and the back vent, but otherwise I'm making progress. I still haven't decided what to do about the visor.

IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0954.jpeg
IMG_0953.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg

One last thing: Once the helmet is complete, I will be doing the rest of the armor with EVA foam.

Last edited:

Mandalorian character lore:

• She was born on Coruscant and she lost her parents during a time when the empire was still going strong and that a troop of stormtroopers had been patrolling nearby after somebody claimed to have seen abnormal activity in that area, and she had to stow away on a ship flying to the minor outer rim planet Koboh, where she learned a little more about the force from a small group of Jedi hidden there, but the Empire found their covert and hunted them down and she tried to find a way off world in whatever way she could, and she stowed away on cargo shipments and hid until she was found by Mandalorians and taken into their covert and she trained and took the creed.
  • Trained in the creed while still honing her force capabilities and possessing a lightsaber.
  • As Mandalore and Jedi ways are almost entirely opposite from each other, the lightsaber has gained the quality of shifting between shades of pink and red, and the force powers work differently.
  • The fact that one lifestyle she lives is slightly preferred over the other leads to changes in the way she individually influences the force. She can tap into the Sith power of force lightning because of her traumatic experiences and strong feelings of pain, but it never tempts her to become Sith, as she has sworn them as her worst enemy. She can influence the morale of her fellow Mandalorians and allies, as well as releasing the limiters for adrenaline on her allies temporarily along with the morale boost, which improves physical performance for short periods of time, which grow longer as their bodies get used to it and she gains a deeper connection with the force. Other powers include mastery of anatomical control to hurt or heal someone.
  • Has never removed her helmet in front of another, and would incapacitate whoever tries, rather violently. Holds a vial of the living water from the mines of Mandalore with her for its high healing power.
  • Not very athletic like other Mandalorians can be, and is scared of heights, but can be lethal if something happens that threatens her or her allies.
  • Trust is hard to come by with her, as she has had problems with trusting the wrong people in the past that have cost her.
  • Has an extensive arsenal of weaponry, but leaves opponents alive if they have good enough reasoning.
  • Has a deep-rooted hatred for any who ally themselves with the Sith or the Empire.
  • Very quiet, and has a violent reputation, but a strong ally to have, and social with friends and allies.

These are just my many ideas for my Mandalorian character's backstory and stuff. Also, I have decided against the cat-ears and Zelda Triforce, as they're kind of just too much. The main helmet color will stay pink, though. Possibly more of a hot-pink or fuchsia color.

The helmet has gotten some good progress on it, and the largest pieces are now held together with epoxy resin. I'm somehow missing 2 pieces: The flag and the back vent, but otherwise I'm making progress. I still haven't decided what to do about the visor.

View attachment 335154View attachment 335155View attachment 335156View attachment 335157

One last thing: Once the helmet is complete, I will be doing the rest of the armor with EVA foam.

WOW you've gone above and beyond creating a backstory for your character! Very impressive!

Helmet looks great so far!

For the visor, a lot of mandalorians use a "dark green" (looks more like black) face shield replacement. You can cut them with scissors and glue them into the helmet and they make a great visor. That's what I did for mine. If you're trying to get a colour that's not black it will be more work, but still completely possible! You might consider dying a sheet of petg, plexiglass, or other thin plastic to the colour you want.

If you're still on the fence about cat ears might I suggest making magnetic removable cat ears? I have a mk7 helmet that I wanted cat ears on, but I thought to myself that there might be some scenarios where I would have wished I didn't have them. Because of this, I made the cat ears separately, with magnets in them and in the helmet. This way, I can put them on or take them off whenever I please! Rock Lobbster and Angus314 both have magnetic removable cat ears as well! Seems to be a good solution for cat lovers who want to be serious sometimes XD

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build!

WOW you've gone above and beyond creating a backstory for your character! Very impressive!

Helmet looks great so far!

For the visor, a lot of mandalorians use a "dark green" (looks more like black) face shield replacement. You can cut them with scissors and glue them into the helmet and they make a great visor. That's what I did for mine. If you're trying to get a colour that's not black it will be more work, but still completely possible! You might consider dying a sheet of petg, plexiglass, or other thin plastic to the colour you want.

If you're still on the fence about cat ears might I suggest making magnetic removable cat ears? I have a mk7 helmet that I wanted cat ears on, but I thought to myself that there might be some scenarios where I would have wished I didn't have them. Because of this, I made the cat ears separately, with magnets in them and in the helmet. This way, I can put them on or take them off whenever I please! Rock Lobbster and Angus314 both have magnetic removable cat ears as well! Seems to be a good solution for cat lovers who want to be serious sometimes XD

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build!
I plan on doing cat ears for my MK VII, but it might be a bit too much for a Mandalorian. Thanks for the feedback, though!

Today I drew some concepts for my armor, and I also felt like I had an excuse to show off the lightsaber I got at GDEX and Origins now.

IMG_0990.jpegIMG_0989.jpegIMG_0988.jpeg

To respond to Dire, we’re using 2-part epoxy that my dad got at Home Depot to connect the pieces of the helmet.

Damn neo-pixel sabers? Bright as hell
I got it from a booth for Level-Up Sabers. It’s one of those online lightsaber businesses, lol.

7F4FAFE7-268F-4326-9925-332DF9CC64C8.jpeg334E6946-ACB0-47AE-9AEB-78AD3194524D.jpeg
Also, the latest piece of the helmet needed something to weigh it down, so my dad used his red dragon that we still haven’t used for a D&D campaign yet.

Last edited:
The base of the helmet is mostly complete! It’s all put together, and we’ll be doing a once-over with more 2-part epoxy to fill in the cracks. After sanding we’ll add bondo and we’ll sand it again.

IMG_1449.jpeg

It'll probably take a while before I can get started on the epoxy once-over. My dad caught pneumonia, so I can't get any further on the progress yet. The good thing is, I have a little more time to decide what color I'm doing for the armor. I've already decided to do some kind of pink/fuschia, but I don't know the exact shade yet. I'll also be able to plan other pieces of the suit.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here, lol. At this point in time, I have finished the adhesion and sanding processes as well as the primer, and the first coat of paint is on.

IMG_1677.jpegIMG_1678.jpegIMG_1679.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back