My nooby suit made from a junker, still mostly WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold an update after a month!
Helmet has been fitted and padded, got the parts for the fans etc. just need my battery pack to arrive so I can start soldering it.
Fits good and when I shove the 4 batteries that will create the pack's power on the opposite side of the helmet the command piece is actually balanced out, oh boy!

Knife has been mounted to chest and stays firmly in place after re-thickening it (I sanded it to much initially and it kept falling out.)

The assault rifle pictures are of it whilst still drying, the orange tip is a silly yet effective dutch law so I have to comply with it or else it ain't coming with me to the event in February.

Shoulders are currently drying from fiberglass hell, if their done and hold I might get the suit done before the end of next week.

Creativity :: Helemet fits video by techkman - Photobucket

5bc6ce2a.jpg

449199ad.jpg

b469732e.jpg

3860ce3b.jpg

that is lookin pretty beast cant wait until i finally get back to work on my Mk IV build that i am doing i barily started it but i just might scrap it and do something else i mean im still printing so i might as well

other than that i am pretty jealous with your build it looks really smooth i have to buy an industral sander because i hate things taking forever but ussualy they end up looking better that way for some reason well whatever the reason good job bro you have one jealous guy over here lmao

a763d0e9.jpg

2354920e.jpg

4f67fd38.jpg

c446d65a.jpg

02a913bd.jpg

552e004b.jpg

Things left to do:
- Attempt to craft a monkey that can help me put this on (did this alone with a auto fire camera which took 700+ awkward posed pictures) friend is coming to the next con so it aught to sit better.

- Wear black underneath, my gray shirt is showing through.

- insert helmet fan so that I don't die, currently it's comfy (heat wise) but that might be cause I was in a shed at night.

tl;dr: J919 almost ready for deployment.

I really like what you've done with this! Don't get me wrong, the person you got this from did a great job, but personally I like your rework a lot better. Gives off more of "if you look at me the wrong way, I'll kill you." feel to it.

I really like what you've done with this! Don't get me wrong, the person you got this from did a great job, but personally I like your rework a lot better. Gives off more of "if you look at me the wrong way, I'll kill you." feel to it.
Truth be told that's what I kinda tend to go for with my choice in suits.
Still thanks for the kind words all, I know I haven't put in as much work in it as most of you but it does feel more like my own now.

Nice!
will you be an the EFF?

Going to Tsunacon next month might go to EFF, honestly never been there before, wouldn't I stick out like a sore thumb?

I agree, this suit rocks my man. I do like the custom builds. Looks unique, yet it still fits the Halo universe very well.

Tony

Thanks again for the Kit Tony, she fits like a glove and she looks like a pearl.
I'll be sure to dump some photo's once I come back from the convention next month, supposedly a few other dutch spartans show up there every year so it might actually be a small death match ;)

Going to Tsunacon next month might go to EFF, honestly never been there before, wouldn't I stick out like a sore thumb?

Thanks again for the Kit Tony, she fits like a glove and she looks like a pearl.
I'll be sure to dump some photo's once I come back from the convention next month, supposedly a few other dutch spartans show up there every year so it might actually be a small death match ;)

No, absolutely not. There are stormtroopers and there was a spartan last year.

yo guys, you can give me some more info about the EFF ? :p
http://haarzuilens.elffantasyfair.com/

When: 21 & 22 April 2012

Where: Haarzuilens (near Utrecht)

Kasteel De Haar
Haarzuilens
Kasteellaan 1
3455 RR Haarzuilens

www.kasteeldehaar.nl

Adults saturday
19,95 €
Adults sunday 19,95 €