My SB ODST Armor Finished, Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 1

Well Marines, after almost a year + after receiving all 9 Set Kits from Sean [Thanks Bro!] and working on almost everyone's suit/helping out a few others with advice and ideas, cept mine, I finally got mine done.

Although it took awhile to finish, I guess the initial work done on the earlier suits, have helped me finish mine a little differently, put together a little better and a bit more personal. ;)

While almost all 9 Suits are basically using the same DIY assembly method, the same vest base as well as the accessories needed to complete the look, cosmetic differences and personal artwork allowed each ODST to be unique in it's user's own special way.

Mine, using Sean's instructions as a base guide and the workshop materials I had on hand, coupled with my previous armor build experience, and a little real world Military geardo experience/knowledge thrown in, I came up with this.

P1000019.jpg

All armor parts were reinforced with fiberglass, cept for the thigh pieces, which I felt needed to be more flexible to wrap around my thighs. Cause of the sizing, I had to trimmed a few parts down so as to conform to my body size, namely the back plate, thigh pieces and gauntlets. I also had to remove the hip plates as they were interfering with my thigh set up. I'm still deciding if I can work it in.

Point to note, my ab pieces are removable and will allow me to use MOLLE pouches to give me a completely different look/loadout. The RAV MOLLE sides are also exposed and that will allow me more flexibility in adding pouches if I need em [especially for our comms, FYI, we're using OEM Kenwood walkies with throat mikes.].

I've also opted to go with an RAV vest as a base for the armor to be affixed on, with the CIRAS deltoids used for the shoulder/bicep armor parts.

My shoulder straps are from the H-Harness by Blackhawk Industries. I have an 870 Remington Side Saddle on my right gauntlet, as well as a holster and ammo pouch set up on both my thigh pieces. Quite a bit of detail work and research was done on every bit of armor so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Sean B. [Bro, we need them backpacks ASAP!] for the awesome kit, Xtreme tactics for the cool chest piece, Rube for the awesome WETA Helmet [Although I'm wearing Sean's for this photo test shoot], Dave [Ithica] for the Magnum [I hope you're taking care of yourself over there bro.], and every finished ODST I've seen here that has given me fantastic ideas to play around with to complete my suit.

That said, I present my ODST suit [short of weathering and some detailing] for your perusal...

P1000053.jpg

P1000055.jpg

P1000054.jpg

P1000051.jpg

P1000049.jpg

P1000052.jpg

'Check!, Loading!'
P1000031.jpg

P1000033.jpg

P1000028.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Stay safe,

Tim.

Attachments

• P1000019.jpg
    P1000019.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 4,293
  • P1000053.jpg
    P1000053.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 759
  • P1000028.jpg
    P1000028.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 344
  • P1000033.jpg
    P1000033.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 461
  • P1000031.jpg
    P1000031.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 359
  • P1000052.jpg
    P1000052.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 437
  • P1000049.jpg
    P1000049.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 981
  • P1000051.jpg
    P1000051.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 422
  • P1000054.jpg
    P1000054.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 998
  • P1000055.jpg
    P1000055.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 587
:O WOW this is almost perfect! Except, being the critic that I am, the back is a little...long.

It's........beautiful.

I absolutely LOVE seeing completed builds. It's my light and inspiration to keep going with my MK6 build. VERY nice work.

:O WOW this is almost perfect! Except, being the critic that I am, the back is a little...long.

I am very impressed. I especially like how you strap all of them together. I am working on my kids ODST suits and you have given me some idea. I agree with AI Blue Fox...almost perfect. The only parts that I think could be better is the stomach plate. It seems vacuformed and lacks definition. Otherwise, everything is well made.

AMAZING! as a fellow ODST guy i am jealous of wut you've done. the paint jod is superb, a nice matte finish. the small details help bring the suit together like the shells around the shin and the HD helmet cam where Mickey's light was. i also like your strapping solution for the arms, i was thinking of something like that myself and it helps to see it done. once again the paint job is amazing with all its little details. great job i hope mine will come close.

I'm not a big fan of the ODST armor I think it lacks the bells and whisltes that the various SPARTAN armor possess... but,

Are effin kidding me? Wow! You look more than ready for any Winter Contingency possible. Like Chris says, what your'e wearing UNDER the armor is just as impressive as the nice and shinys. Holy snot!!! Let's see this ting again after a few battles(weathering).

Wow! Nice. :D

Question about the underarmour, is that a cryeprecision combatshirt+pants...?
and how well does the holster and magpounch on the thighs fit...?

Thanks guys, means a lot to me with the kudos. Am glad that some of the work I put in, can help you guys out as well. ;)

A.I. I'll see what I can do it shorten the back...as for the 117, it's a tribute to my first HALO suit.

_IMG_0093.jpg

Halo.jpg

madsvg, good eye bro, it is CP. I'm using my Combat Shirt and Pants for the undersuit. ;) As for the holster and the pouches, they fit fine. Just need to be marked out correctly on the thigh pieces before the slots are cut.

These pics might help...
IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

Stay safe,

Tim.

Attachments

• _IMG_0093.jpg
    _IMG_0093.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 447
  • Halo.jpg
    Halo.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_6209.jpg
    IMG_6209.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_6192.jpg
    IMG_6192.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_6210.jpg
    IMG_6210.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 380
Nice work man! I like the paint job quite a bit. I'm still pepping my pieces. Can't wait to have something wearable. Crye Precision? Nice! That's what I had in mind for my build too.

Thats amazing! Great color scheme!
What paint did you use for the metallic color?

Gracias. It's Tamiya Dark Gunmetal. Primed gray, base coated with metallic quicksilver, followed by dull black and then the gunmetal to top it off and dull coated to finish. The metallic quicksilver was used as a base and left to dry the longest as should the armor get scratched, the silver will show through, instead of the original black plastic, recreating a more 'real' worn look.

thats bad ass!!!!! hey i have been trying to find the pep files for odst armor and no joy. i think its cuz im looking in all the wrong places. you think you can help me out?

ODST-FEET FIRST!!!!!

thats bad ass!!!!! hey i have been trying to find the pep files for odst armor and no joy. i think its cuz im looking in all the wrong places. you think you can help me out?

ODST-FEET FIRST!!!!!

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/22471-New-Hd-Odst-Game-Accurate-Pep-Files
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24388-Hughs-Odst-Build?highlight=odst+files
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29258-vv_7-ODST-build-WIP-my-first-attempt(picture-heavy)

Try these threads to get some good information on what to do. There are lots and lots of really good ODST threads on here but I chose these because of the instructions and files that are given in them would help point you in the right direction.

Sithslayer's ODST is built around the reach model if you want to go more that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back