N00B Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonT98

Hey Guys/Gals,

Figured I'd make an introduction thread since is always a good idea.

My names Brandon, most call me B, I'm from the Great white north. I know 9 languages... C, C++, VB, COBOL, Turing, Java, PHP, .ASP and XHTML. I'm a programmer

I'm not new to costuming and currently have a Predator on hold till I find a better more cost effective way to paint latex. I know theres a couple Lair members here.

Here's some pics of my work in progress. Some of these are old:

Just gotta say you guys do some killer work here! I've been poking around for some time reading tutorials and what not, getting a feel for everything.

I'm fairly new to pepakura. I started a Pipboy that was recently crushed under a book.. so figured I'd move on and try my hand at mjolnir.

I'm shooting for this:

I figured I'd start with the helmet and see how things go. Right now its just printed.

I watched the n00b video and coming from the Hunter's Lair which is a fairly small forum, I'm glad to see one this size puts such an emphasis on community!

Looking forward to starting on my first set of armor!

Welcome! Sweet stuff so far, glad to see you're reading the tutorials. Can't wait to see your progress on your armor!

Glad to see a new member with so much costuming experience! That costume looks sweet!

I'm glad to see one this size puts such an emphasis on community!

Amen, brother, that's what I and lots of others love about the 405th. That's really something special, and not often found among net communities.

Thanks for the introduction! If there's anything I can do, just ask. Also, very glad to see an I-actually-read-the-stickies member, lol.

Hope you find everything you're lookin' for here,

Shade

Great costuming work! you will fit in nicely. did you sculpt all your hunter stuff? or does lair have a Pep model making equivalent?

Thanks guys!

Nightshade: Ya I've been around forums long wnough to know stickies actually hold info when you read em. Plus I know how to use a search box :p

SwedishNinja: I think there is a pep file of the bio (the helmet a predator wears). I bought the mask, feet and hands. Made the armor out of plastic buckets and the wrist blades are construction foam, Foamies, pringles can and wood.

Thanks for reading the stickies and such, something that most people forget to do.

BTW, Savvy is selling Rogue casts for crazy cheap, not sure if he has any left. though.

Underdogg13 said:
Thanks for reading the stickies and such, something that most people forget to do.

BTW, Savvy is selling Rogue casts for crazy cheap, not sure if he has any left. though.

Thanks mate, I'm gonna try my hand at it first and see how it turns out and how long it takes. If it doesn't turn out well or it takes to long I'll look to purchase it.

How much would I be looking at for a Raw (straight out of mold) Rogue helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back