Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll need some more information and maybe some pictures to help you.

For starters, What is messed up and what exactly do you need help with?

We'll need some more information and maybe some pictures to help you.

For starters, What is messed up and what exactly do you need help with?
i making my cosplay from scratch btw. first i was doing the hands armor and i messed up on that and after i did the chest and messed that up too. i just some advise what to do.
image_2023-03-26_160012014.png
armor bs .jpg

Hi Some Dude, we're still gonna need some more info. Looks like you're using EVA foam based on the second picture. But what is it you're struggling with? Is the foam not behaving right? Are you unsure how to proceed? Are the patterns not working?

We do have the mark 5 in our armory for pepakura, which gives you a 3d image to look at and the templates to make it

In regards to foam, I'd suggest looking at crafters on YouTube such as Punished Props, Evil Ted Smith and SKS Props to get started with foamsmithing. They were really helpful when I got started.

For the pattern, there aren't any CE:A Mark V patterns as far as I'm aware, but the armory does have patterns for the original suit, which you could use as a base template. On top of that, Moe Sizzlac has some CE:A Mark V 3D models on his Thingiverse, so you could take those and unfold them to use for foam patterns. I applaud you for trying to make your own from scratch, but I know how hard it can be - I struggled even with making them by hand for me CE Marine - so having a 3D file to turn into a foam pattern can be a huge help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back