New Build: Reach MP WIP (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress Update

Well here is the work I have done today. I decided to step away from the pep for a few days as I was getting a tad bit frustrated. I did some bondo work and some primer work.

These are absolutley not finished products, cause I am sure you can tell there is still alot of work left to do on these pieces. I do know where I stand on these now.

img0789wh.jpg

img0790z.jpg

img0791aq.jpg

Some of these pit marks that the bondo made naturally as I applied it, I will detail out even more for the "damaged" look instead of strictly doing paint chip techniques...

There is a lot of resin drips that I didn't notice that will take some time to clear up. I have given myself till next dragon con (2012) to hopefully get this finished so there is no rush. Even if it's not done then, I'd rather I get it looking as good as possible instead of rushing through it.

If you have any ideas or tips, I'd love to hear them....

more updates soon as I get back to pep'n!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude these look really nice. I wish I had that type of bondo skill.

Thanks :D Honestly, that's the first time I have ever used bondo.

I am probably going to completely re-do the torso. After going back and looking at it, I am seeing numerous problems with the actual build of the torso. Some pieces are angled more than they should be or not as much. But I will be able to take this experience and put it towards the new one, actually almost excited about it! lol

Plus, not that there is anything wrong with the file itself, but after searching more I have found another file that I like even more.

if i used bondo i'm armor would be epic but funding is a bit of a problem, but i'm still good.

ok quick little update...

I am getting no where fast on this project. I am running into sizing issues on some pieces and I am wasting time re-doing these pieces. Since my last update, not much has been accomplished.

I am going to continue doing this project, but there wont be any more updates till I get a whole bunch more progress done to this. So for now, consider this thread dead, and I will be back.

thanks guys, and talk with yall soon :D

Hope to see you back with some progress pics soon, I think most of us have had to deal with scaling at one tim or another, I know I did, I remember redoing my shoulders twice, thighs 3 times, chest 2 times, helmet 2 times and a few more parts, it took me forever to get the scaling right, not to mention sometimes I still mess up, but once you get it figured out it will become alot easier so don't get discouraged, its happened to most of us who completed a full set of armor

Hope to see you back with some progress pics soon, I think most of us have had to deal with scaling at one tim or another, I know I did, I remember redoing my shoulders twice, thighs 3 times, chest 2 times, helmet 2 times and a few more parts, it took me forever to get the scaling right, not to mention sometimes I still mess up, but once you get it figured out it will become alot easier so don't get discouraged, its happened to most of us who completed a full set of armor

Nah, not geting discouraged, just want to take my time with this and actually give "good" updates.

Not quitting the build just gonna step away and make sure that when I do show what I have it's not a piece at a time :)

it might be some time before he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back