New to the armor world **PIC HEAVY**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work mate. Your foam work is excellent. I have a question for you if I may. How do you know what angle to cut the foam on when pieces go together. For example, the U shaped collar piece where it meets the rectangular chest plate. It looks like a 45degree angle or so but how do you find these angles? Is it just a matter of trial and error?.

Finally some more spartan size people :D

also, the armor is not big, I would say armor for someone that size would probably be 1:1 scale for a spartan III

I happen to be 6'3.5 (and still growing) so ive had to upsize some stuff, and I believe we have a few members over 6'5

It looks like the armor is comming together very nicely :) Keep up the posts, my eyes need more! lol

looking good there but it seems ur using l3x's version 3 chest pepakura. there's a foam version of the version 3 chest as well as a the version 4 chest. you can still continue using the pepakura templated one but just letting you know the others are out there.

It looks FANTASTIC! I envy your skills. Just an idea, but someone mentioned the issue of hot glue coming out of the seams. I had that problem with my pep work and I found just taking the hot tip of your glue gun and melting it flat against the paper (or foam) worked great so that you don't have to worry about it later. Just an idea.

Awesome work mate. Your foam work is excellent. I have a question for you if I may. How do you know what angle to cut the foam on when pieces go together. For example, the U shaped collar piece where it meets the rectangular chest plate. It looks like a 45degree angle or so but how do you find these angles? Is it just a matter of trial and error?.

Honestly it is all in the eye. I sand down the edges just a little bit at a time. Sand, line up, sand again. Repeat til you have the angle you want. Once you get the hang of it you can do it almost at will. But the old saying. Measure twice, cut one applies here 100%.

OK so I have been really busy with life stuff. But I wanted to give everyone an update. So here it is. OK so I finished a knife. It looks good for a first run attempt. But I think I am going to redo it, and make it even better. As for the armor. I did that in about a day and a half. Had to take a break for m oldest daughter's 21 birthday today.

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01318.jpg
%20
DSC01319.jpg
%20
DSC01320.jpg
%20

Attachments

• DSC01320.jpg
    DSC01320.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 67
Looking good man, The knife turned out pretty good, Hows that foam build working for you, I think im going to try building that same chest your building in foam also, so im learning the process now

nice pep work...I don't get one thing tho...how can you work on more than one thing at a time that would explode my brain great job.

Looking good man, The knife turned out pretty good, Hows that foam build working for you, I think im going to try building that same chest your building in foam also, so im learning the process now

The foam build is actually better for me than regular pep. There are some pieces that I have to mod, but it makes it that much better. I also had to scale up the piece to 508mm in width. So some of the pieces are pretty large. But like I said. It is as easy as cutting and gluing. :)

Awesome build! I'm always curious with the foam builds. It all just seems so much more durable than the a pepped and fiberglassed version. Love to try it sometime. Anywho, keep up the work man. Can't wait to see the suit finished!

Foam builds are pretty durable, I took mine to a con a few days ago and it survived a lot of pics and hugs haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back