New year, New suit

::update:: 7/20/23

Small weapons update. Thanks to Oddworks3D over on patreon… I have a new plasma grenade. Using some awesome new filaments I picked up and some green LEDs… it is AWESOME!!!

IMG_2319.jpeg
IMG_2323.jpeg
IMG_2320.jpeg
IMG_2321.jpeg
IMG_2322.jpeg
IMG_2324.jpeg

:update: 8/21/23

So this is mostly a post to get back to posting lol. My life has been super busy and hectic. I had to take a pause on working on my suit due to some personal things going massively haywire in my life. From finding out i have a half sister and meeting her, to having emergency surgery, to having to replace my whole whole a/c unit and furnace... and then started a small side business of designing 3D logo light up signs for people... shits been hectic.

BUT!!!

Im getting right back at it. Got a new Bambu Labs P1S printer with AMS, so Im printing super fast on smaller pieces and making things multicolor. For example I 3d rendered and printed a couple of the personal AI from halo infinite out as side props. Check these out!! dont know why they rotated sideways.... but.... if you want one let me know.
AI1.jpg

AI2.jpg

I have also started back up helping my pals SSGLordErne and SSGLordElmo, make some upgrades/fixes to their armors. Once that is complete, I shall have a more "my Suit" related update. I am already thinking about improving upon my current new chest. I found a better way to print it and want to try it out. Im also experimenting with 3d printed fabric for my undersuit instead of using TPU for a solid piece. Doing a test piece of that right now.

Thanks everyone for your patience!!! Time to hit the grind again for GalaxyCon in Columbus

::update:: 9/1/23

Finally!! Updates!! Got together with my boys SSGLordErne and SSGLordElmo and did some test fits and upgrade checks for our current builds. Mine went pretty smooth. New shin work better that the rak one I was using. I donated the rak shins to Erne for his rak build, and then also got a look into what my print fabric will be like. Fun stuff!! Check it out

IMG_2520.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2518.jpeg

I also did the old trick of wrapping in suran wrap and duck tape to get an abdomen and back template for my printed fabric idea. The hexagon look is gonna be sweet!! I need to get that full tested soon.

And I am redoing my chest piece with better form fitting proportions since I’m a slender old guy. Lol. Overall test fits went well tonight. Gonna get the tweaks tweaked and updates updated

::update:: 9/27/23

Some changes and upgrades. I changed out a couple things on my helmet, mostly the visor. And I’m gonna add a couple more details of gold to it as well. I also updated the padding so it fits better.

IMG_2619.jpeg

And as you can tell I also have a neck seal in the new photo. I experimented with TPE and came up with a perfectly comfy neck seal. One that even fallen, bobrossismydad, and emp frosty have asked for. So if you’d like one, let me know.

Then I complete rescaled, repainted, and restyled my torso. Have a new chest attachment that I added the blue ranger coin to. Plus, I made it light up a little! Put some LEDs behind black transparent filament and operate it with coin batteries.
IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg

Then for the main torso, I changed the undersuit rings from grey to black and made them out of TPE so they are more comfortable. Did stronger magnets to hold front to back. Then as an added touch, I put a super strong neodymium magnet in the back to hold weapons…
IMG_2608.jpeg
IMG_2609.jpeg

Then speaking of weapons, thanks to my favorite patron, oddworks3d, I printed off a working shotgun and installed a neodymium magnet on it for mounting. Printed the shells on my bambu p1s to get the red and gold and silver together.
IMG_2578.jpeg
IMG_2622.jpeg
IMG_2621.jpeg

Looking great man!

Hey that neck seal... how flexible is it? You say it's comfy eh?
Can I trade you a bottle of maple syrup for one at galaxy con??

Looking great man!

Hey that neck seal... how flexible is it? You say it's comfy eh?
Can I trade you a bottle of maple syrup for one at galaxy con??
Hey man it’s SUPER flexible. It’s a lot softer than TPU. I have to order my TPE but I can for sure make you one my guy. Do you need magnets?

::update:: 9/1/23

Finally!! Updates!! Got together with my boys SSGLordErne and SSGLordElmo and did some test fits and upgrade checks for our current builds. Mine went pretty smooth. New shin work better that the rak one I was using. I donated the rak shins to Erne for his rak build, and then also got a look into what my print fabric will be like. Fun stuff!! Check it out

View attachment 335281View attachment 335280View attachment 335282View attachment 335283
I also did the old trick of wrapping in suran wrap and duck tape to get an abdomen and back template for my printed fabric idea. The hexagon look is gonna be sweet!! I need to get that full tested soon.

And I am redoing my chest piece with better form fitting proportions since I’m a slender old guy. Lol. Overall test fits went well tonight. Gonna get the tweaks tweaked and updates updated
How did you make the hex with the netting? I may just do the same

How did you make the hex with the netting? I may just do the same
So the trick is to print only the first two layers. Then pause the print. Take your mesh fabric and lay it flat over the print. Tape it down tight because it can move and ruin the setup, I usually pull the fabric taught while taping it down. Then raise your z height by like .05 and resume your print

::update:: 10/20/23

Tis complete!! Did a full test fit just now, and I gotta say I’m satisfied. It runs a little warmer just because of some layers on my chest. It’s a lot easier to walk in this one, and I can sit down!! Now to try it out at planet anime tomorrow and see how it handles in about an hour or twos time.

Check it out.

IMG_2704.jpeg
IMG_2706.jpeg
IMG_2703.jpeg

::update (possibly final):: 11/16/23

Hello everyone!!! Been hard at work with some updates to my armor that were needed.

Here in KC planet anime, which is a new con, took place a couple weeks ago. SpartanSweed CherriDragon and i gave it a visit in suit to basically get a feel for the con and show KC’s 405th presence. With that, I did a fell test run on the new armor, dubbed “Ranger Spartan Blue”.

Learned some things….
-Boot strapping tends to wear over long walking distances, popping toes over the top of under shoe. (Fixed)
-Pistol magnet spins making it easy to hit by people who walk by (fixed and printed a new pistol)
-Shotgun magnet can be finicky if hit at the wrong angle. (fixed)
-Helmet fogs up from electronics heat and breathe. (Fixed)
-Printed AI isn’t safe to carry around. (SSGLordErne found a solution and hooked me and Elmo in on it)
-Undersuit armor tends to pull up and belt tends to fall down while walking (fixed)

So the pistol was an easy fix. I just printed a little slot piece for the magnet attached to my hip, that way the pistol locks in place with minimal spinning.

The shotgun was a bit trickier. Walking back to my truck after the event, my shotgun was tapped by a passer by and offset the magnet. Which caused the shotgun to fall and land on the butt and break. I have since fixed the shotgun with JB weld and print a piece that blends in with my back armor that props the shotgun at a better sitting angle. Took three tries but I got it.

The boots were the fun one to figure out. After walking all over planet anime, the strapping that went under the front toe of each of my boots wore down and snapped. Which led to the toe popping over the front of my shoe exposing the actual shoes I was wearing. So I did some thinking, with also an idea inspired by Spartansweed (said something about replacement boot soles). I went to my local Menards and bought some rubber floor tile used in workout rooms, cut it to size and epoxied it to the bottom of each piece. Creating a faux sole to the boot. And boy did it turn out great. No more plastic slapping the ground sound or anything like that. I also updated the paint job so that all my blues and whites match.
IMG_2840.jpeg
IMG_2841.jpeg
IMG_2842.jpeg
IMG_2844.jpeg

So fresh and so clean clean.

The helmet needed freshened up for sure. I wasn’t ever 100% satisfied with the paint job, let alone the fogging up that I discovered at planet anime. So with some inspiration from my fellow SSG boys, I added some stuff… I used paint markers to draw on what look to be the triceratops horns from the actual blue ranger helmet, and then to replicate the golden eyes of the OG helmet, I put 4 golden LEDs ran off AAA batteries on the upper vents. I also drilled 24 holes in the front vents for better air flow for breathing and stuff. Take a peak at the new and improved.
IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

As for my undersuit, it kept riding up while my armor belt would slide down. So my beautiful wife broke out the sewing machine apparatus and sewed large Velcro pieces right where my belt hits the undersuit. Then I placed the opposite side of Velcro on the belt, and the weight of the belt help hold down the undersuit while the undersuit keeps the belt from falling. No clips or anything visible, which is what I was going for.

Well I think those updates should do it for Columbus. Can’t wait to see everyone and unveil this thing to a larger group.

….oh I also have stickers!!! Printed a little dark but are still really damn cool!! I’ll be handing them out at galaxy!! See yall there!!
LordBert-logo-ff.png

Attachments

• IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
I saw that art on Instagram and damn it's beautiful. I plan on getting one done myself just need the holidays to be over with so I can do it.

That armour is actually beautiful man, I love the LEDs and the Mandalorian esque logos. I might also look into getting a TPU neck seal for my armour, yours looks so clean!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back