Newest project... Halo 4 Spartan helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks Awesome! glad to see that someone working full time with kids can still get this done, as it gives me though that i can do it too!

Excellent work! I'm new to the thread and have started on a Mark V helmet as practice. After that I really would like to try a Halo 4 Warrior Helmet like yours. I have a question about the screws you used as accent pieces on the faceplate though: how are they secured to the helmet? Are they tapped and threaded into the bondo or glued in? Hopefully I did't just miss it if it was already discussed in the thread lol, I appologize if I did.

Thanks for posting your log, it's very helpful to see a build like this in process!

-Drew

Looks Awesome! glad to see that someone working full time with kids can still get this done, as it gives me though that i can do it too!

I would also like to add it can be done. Built my Mastchief suit while my wife was in the last months of pregnancy and a month after my son was born. I also have a full time job and am a photographer so if you put your mind to it anything is possible :)

Oh yeah I would also like to add.....this helmet is fricking awesome man! :)

Tom.

I just looked at your pictures on this thread- Pretty awesome work with the sanding job =P

I read about how you work around kids too, and thats pretty awesome as well!

My only pointer (if you really needed one because it looks perfect) is make sure you have everything exactly like you want it, meaning every fine detail sand job, every rough spot, every tiny rough spot... because once the visor goes in, its a pain taking it out or electric stuff if you every want to add details later--

* I made my helmet out of bondo, but didn't put the fine details in it and went ahead and painted it up....sadly I wanted more details and had to take the visor off and waste more money on paint and bondo/time....

So take your time and make sure you have it PERFECT (meaning like you want it!!) and then finish the paint and visor installment =D

---Nogood's 2cents for FREE!! :) AWESOME HELMET THOUGH!!! SUPER GREAT!!!!!!

Excellent work! I'm new to the thread and have started on a Mark V helmet as practice. After that I really would like to try a Halo 4 Warrior Helmet like yours. I have a question about the screws you used as accent pieces on the faceplate though: how are they secured to the helmet? Are they tapped and threaded into the bondo or glued in? Hopefully I did't just miss it if it was already discussed in the thread lol, I appologize if I did.

Thanks for posting your log, it's very helpful to see a build like this in process!

-Drew

drew thanks for checking out my thread here. welcome to the 405 first of all. On this helmet i drilled holes big enough for the shank of the bolt to slide through than counter sunk it for the head to fit in. i than just glued them in with superglue. if i was to actually not mold and cast this helmet i would have cut the bolts to the head and just drilled a hole big enough for the head of the bolt to slide in and fit. On the other hand, the other bolts i did decied to tap them in and still glue them to make sure they held in place properly. If I can help with anything else send me a PM and let me know. i am more than happy to help anyone with questions.

I just looked at your pictures on this thread- Pretty awesome work with the sanding job =P

I read about how you work around kids too, and thats pretty awesome as well!

My only pointer (if you really needed one because it looks perfect) is make sure you have everything exactly like you want it, meaning every fine detail sand job, every rough spot, every tiny rough spot... because once the visor goes in, its a pain taking it out or electric stuff if you every want to add details later--

* I made my helmet out of bondo, but didn't put the fine details in it and went ahead and painted it up....sadly I wanted more details and had to take the visor off and waste more money on paint and bondo/time....

So take your time and make sure you have it PERFECT (meaning like you want it!!) and then finish the paint and visor installment =D

---Nogood's 2cents for FREE!! :) AWESOME HELMET THOUGH!!! SUPER GREAT!!!!!!

Thanks nogood! After my first cast i will see if there are (and guaranteed there will be) spots i need to fix on the master.

Oh wowz... your doing the mold thing...... Now you have blown my mind ****

th_MyLifeIn9Words3.jpg

Okay, my point still stands! --- I know it will be super hard to find every spot before you do the first cast, but do as much as you possibly can, because I'm sure that cast stuff cost alot.... So do as much as you can =D.... Try and save you some money is all!

ITS TOTALLY AWESOME!! GREAT WORK and if you want... send me a copy whenever you want =P AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!

no idea why this is in the N00B forum, awesome work!

Jakezilla thank you !

I would also like to add it can be done. Built my Mastchief suit while my wife was in the last months of pregnancy and a month after my son was born. I also have a full time job and am a photographer so if you put your mind to it anything is possible :)

Oh yeah I would also like to add.....this helmet is fricking awesome man! :)

Tom.

tom I envy you for being able to build while going through the joys of life man. you sound like a busy man like myself, its all about making the time to do what you like to do but still take care of what you need too foremost. Thanks for digging my helmet too :)

So far all who have been following this build I had printed/started/freaked out over the chest pep. It is just too much to build, too many tiny pieces that are crazy to cut and fold, and as far as detail would go when i ever get to that point too many seriously tight spaces and until I find something more feasible that comes along for this I am just gonna build a new thread for the start of a locust helm. i REALLY WANT to build this suit but only as a full Warrior build, I don't want to mix and match a MK Vi chest with everything else on this build. I will keep my eyes open for an easier one and if anyone (A) has an easier one (b) find an easier one to pep than please send me a pm by far. KEEP BUILDING AND MOST IMPORTANT HAVE FUN EVERYONE. now to start this locust helm.

so i ordered the mold and cast material last night, so whenever it gets here i willbe making a mold and casting right away!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING 405th!

thanks for checking out my work soviet welcome to the 405th. hope you stick around and work on some projects projects and if you need any help check out the stickies or send a . i will be more than happy to help .

been awhile since i have updated this. I ordered everything i needed to cast and mold the helmet and it will be here by the end of the week! keep your eyes peeled 405th.

Oh im already lurking..... waiting for the mould......

Still here! lol

Skully (and the 405th) I started the glove mold today. I got the slowest dragon skin for this process so its taking a while too dry up but i have the patience for it. this is the first two print coats applied and i am now making my registration keysand they are curing for tomorrow after i get off work when i will start the applying of the thickened coats
198105_537158362978681_1157847139_n.jpg

okay sorry for the double post
75254_537200436307807_1453942615_n.jpg

but i worked on the third layer due to not being able to sleep... hooray!, gonna have keys in and another layer done tomorrow night i hope. peace out 405th! hitting the sack due to work in the morning.

and triple post, sorry guys but progress is happening
526711_537603336267517_1562744213_n.jpg
start the fiberglassing tho
Have the final coats on with keys drying, hopefully startung the fiberglassing when i can get more material (ran out of resin and need more fiberglass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back