• This sucks get of the stage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sweet Tell Me More!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adventchildmatrix

After thinking more on my coms system idea i came up with the idea of being able to run night time stealth ops with realtime infrared vision. the only thing i need to know is if people like the idea ill begin creating the design for uploading

ok well the prototype has been created (if only pepakura was this quick to build) and works a treat so if a large number of people are interested ill begin the uploading of the design

Can you give us more insight into this night vision? Because the real goggles cost quite a bit.

What are you uploading basically?

Btw, edit your poll into radio buttons, not Check Boxes

I think you're on to something here but how exactly are you gonna do this? Put NVGs under your helmet? Or is there a way to warp it all the way around your visor like a flat screen (which would be more practical but also incredibly expensive!)?

I saw an advert on the TV the other day about some kind of 'toy' night vision goggles so I searched the internet. A company has a version of night vision goggles named EyeClops for about $68.88US on amazon.com. I read a review on another site that said they worked pretty well. Might be able to modify the case to fit a helmet.

41mGAmC1jSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I dunno if you thought this through much, but a MC suit isn't exactly stealth. Apart from the noise walking around in it people are bound to notice something that odd skulking in the bushes.

I'm guessing webcam/digital photo or something like that with IR-LEDs and IR-filter removed...

anyway, did we really need another thread? it hasn't even got pictures, let alone details!

alright, dig this-

night vision and infrared imaging could work, but it would be very expensive to do so. although the eyeclops night vision goggles are very cheap, the range for them is only about 50 feet. If you look at the design, it is obvious that those goggles are toys. Real night vision costs at least $150, and perform far better. The problem is not only the quality of the optics, though; it is also a question of proper mounting and use. Adapting a mount onto the helmet can be a tricky proposition, and you also have to worry about eye relief. If you don't set the distance from your eye to the viewfinder correctly, you won't be able to see the image. The complication is the lens- it may block the night vision device, causing improper eye relief (since most night vision goggles have an inch or so of eye relief). Now, there is a way to adapt night vision into the helmet, but it's expensive, unforgiving, and a real pain to explain all the steps and materials necessary.

couldn't you go old school like the vampure eye? like it could eliminate the eye relief if you mix old tech with new (the mirrors :popcorn:

but thats a great idea, will take allot of time and effort but it would sure be neat to see it done ;)

d1omede5 said:
alright, dig this-

night vision and infrared imaging could work, but it would be very expensive to do so. although the eyeclops night vision goggles are very cheap, the range for them is only about 50 feet. If you look at the design, it is obvious that those goggles are toys. Real night vision costs at least $150, and perform far better. The problem is not only the quality of the optics, though; it is also a question of proper mounting and use. Adapting a mount onto the helmet can be a tricky proposition, and you also have to worry about eye relief. If you don't set the distance from your eye to the viewfinder correctly, you won't be able to see the image. The complication is the lens- it may block the night vision device, causing improper eye relief (since most night vision goggles have an inch or so of eye relief). Now, there is a way to adapt night vision into the helmet, but it's expensive, unforgiving, and a real pain to explain all the steps and materials necessary.

Not to mention how long your helmet would have to be in order to accommodate a pair of military grade NVGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the Mjolnir and ODST helmets may not be able to accommodate NVG's, the marine helmet should be able to mount the NVG's under the visor. That should put them in perfect alignment with your eyes. You will have to rig up a chinstrap and suspension system as the weight of the NVG's will pull the helmet forward.

ok since there is a small amount of intrest in this i will describe how it is done

first of you need some infraredto visable light leds (these are leds that emit infrared light and with and increased voltage visable light) u will also need a camera with a large screen as well as being infrared sensitive (best way to test this is to turn out the lights and hold down a button on your tv remote while pointed at the camera if you see light the camera is infrared sensitive)

the next step is to disect the camera just enough so that u can fit it into an empty space in your helmet with the lens going through the helmet to the outside.

rig up the light how you would normaly do

the final part is to warp the lcd display so that it can fit into a corner of your visor so that it does not reduce your field of vision to much

p.s i will go into a more indepth manual of the set up once the prototype has been made.

just curious, like it could be cool. but why would you need night vision in an MC suit.... I voted negative.

Spartan117x said:
just curious, like it could be cool. but why would you need night vision in an MC suit.... I voted negative.

either just for fun or so u can sneak up on people at say haloween next year

adventSpartanMatrix said:
ok since there is a small amount of intrest in this i will describe how it is done
first of you need some infraredto visable light leds (these are leds that emit infrared light and with and increased voltage visable light) u will also need a camera with a large screen as well as being infrared sensitive (best way to test this is to turn out the lights and hold down a button on your tv remote while pointed at the camera if you see light the camera is infrared sensitive)

the next step is to disect the camera just enough so that u can fit it into an empty space in your helmet with the lens going through the helmet to the outside.

the final part is to warp the lcd display so that it can fit into a corner of your visor so that it does not reduce your field of vision to much
p.s i will go into a more indepth manual of the set up once the prototype has been made.

That sounds good, but I figure I'll do things the American way- wait for the English to have a breakthrough, then perfect it and take all the credit. Thanks, buddy!

just one question...what would the point be exactly?
Nobody can see what's going on inside your armor, and you don't really need to do any stealth....

adventSpartanMatrix said:

okay, you don't you whip out a spell checker and some punctuation first? second, go to instructables.com, you'll find stuff like A better DIY infrared filter and loads of other stuff. I thought you'd do something like that.

Oh, and LCD displays... they don't bend very well. also, you'll need a back light, which also would have to be hand-made, since that doesn't bend. It's probably easier not to bend it.

another thing: IR LEDs are quite sensitive, and the chance that you'll damage them is greater than being able to see them emit red light.

So anyway, check out instructables and especially this project: Realistic lion mask with stereo night vision.

TF_Productions said:
okay, you don't you whip out a spell checker and some punctuation first? second, go to instructables.com, you'll find stuff like A better DIY infrared filter and loads of other stuff. I thought you'd do something like that.

Oh, and LCD displays... they don't bend very well. also, you'll need a back light, which also would have to be hand-made, since that doesn't bend. It's probably easier not to bend it.

another thing: IR LEDs are quite sensitive, and the chance that you'll damage them is greater than being able to see them emit red light.

So anyway, check out instructables and especially this project: Realistic lion mask with stereo night vision.

If you dont like the idea there is always the best thing to do and that is not have a go at people who are trying to be constructive and second so what if my spelling isn't very good its my problem(ever thought mybe i have a problem spelling) and on that note why do you learn some grammer before you decided to have a go at people
okay, you don't you whip out a

aside from the bragging value, i hardly see the point in having night vision in your armor. It's not like you are really fighting the covenant in the dark. and if you were, you'd have a flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back