Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I'm loving it! Everything is looking amazing, with your own special touches. And despite being the Scout helmet, it looks like an original design in your pictures

ODST-TJ92 and vidofnir234 thanks for comments :) Still need to put the attachment on that helmet and get the actual visor i'm going to use fitted!

OK this is the FINAL update now for a while, I am calling this build 95% done now. Boots are built and need painting now so thats the last of the foam work done.

List of remaining jobs:
-Electronics
-Paint boots
-Strapping
-Sniper netting
-Attach helmet attachment
-cover the neck seal in faux leather to complete 'the look'

on the side:
-Finish pistol and build a sniper Rifle

I've got until new years to do that and lets face it, its not much so I think I can manage to pull it off.

Reason this is a final update for now is because I need to lacquer it as paint is flaking off where parts bash each other e.g. the elbow. Plus its painted now you don't need to see it anymore to its all lit up :)

I got my padding in and tested it out and thankfully all parts now defy gravity but putting it on myself is a pain hence the biceps riding low!

so here it is all padded out:

Regular sofa foam, nice and soft but might cause a lot of heat build up!
78268A90-BFB3-4A68-9292-B312EE71C589-3353-000002F7B9B1ACBB.jpg

inside of the shin
BF642516-48CC-4330-A77D-5F46C433AA13-3353-000002F7C01CEA24.jpg

1773CE09-9466-4DF3-91DB-6856C4B93D9C-3353-000002F7C5F7032C.jpg

Photoon21-11-2012at17312.jpg

Photoon21-11-2012at17314.jpg

Photoon21-11-2012at17315.jpg

and the picture that makes it look like i'm wearing a nappy (diaper if your american)
Photoon21-11-2012at1732.jpg

and thats your lot! until this bad boy's lit up and the list is complete... may the force be with you!

okay you know what, f%*# you rajvtkprv, for ruining this man's thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found a lot of these in different threads. Even one in carpathiavh's. I've reported all of them that I've found.

It's a real pain in the butt!
I was thinking there must be some kind of spam filter that the powers above can apply to disable this kinda crap :/

No update but made a decision, I was going to Make a foam template for the halo reach sniper rifle but foam won't do it justice because of the intricate details so i'm building the halo 2 sniper rifle because of its clumpyness so keep your eyes peeled over the coming days....

Awesome, can't wait to see more :V

I'm on hold for now, hahaha/

Cheers buddy. I'm on hold with this for now while I do some work on my ironman suit.

Though I have been looking at this build and thinking "hmmmm not so sure about the paint job anymore"
So after much deliberation, thinking and looking at paint schemes I have decided mine is unique but its not very halo and so I'm painting over it with a more normal halo colour scheme. It's a bit sad given the time spent doing this but I'm just not happy with it the more and more I look at it :(

Well im sorry to hear that you dont like the paint job, but if you are not happy with it then you shouldnt keep it. do what makes you happy :) what colors are you thinking??

Well the original colours I was using were gunmetal grey and electric blue. Got loads of it in the shed so at least I don't need to buy any

Gunmetal main. But I want to find out about how to make like for example a blue stripe and make it looks patchy as if it had worn off in places. That's kinda the plan but want to learn how to do it before starting

One way I found that worked for that is squeeze some paint out, cut out a strip of paper that is the width of desired stripe, press it into the paint so that it's completely coated, then very lightly apply it to the armor in desired position. Make sure you don't press the strip down completely, as that might make a solid stripe. I used this method for my gun, my torso, and my codpiece. Play with some things first before doing it so that you know what you're doing before doing it to your armor.

Oh, and to make it longer, just move the strip along where you want it.

Apologies for the neglect of grammar and verbiage. I'm pretty sleepy right now, as it's 5 am here. Just can't stay away from the 405th ha ha!

One way I found that worked for that is squeeze some paint out, cut out a strip of paper that is the width of desired stripe, press it into the paint so that it's completely coated, then very lightly apply it to the armor in desired position. Make sure you don't press the strip down completely, as that might make a solid stripe. I used this method for my gun, my torso, and my codpiece. Play with some things first before doing it so that you know what you're doing before doing it to your armor.

Oh, and to make it longer, just move the strip along where you want it.

Apologies for the neglect of grammar and verbiage. I'm pretty sleepy right now, as it's 5 am here. Just can't stay away from the 405th ha ha!

Nice one! Haha it's nearly 11am here! Ill head out to the shed and try that out in a moment. Just waiting for the temperature to pick up Becuase it's Bleddy freezing outside at the moment! Part of the problem of living on the moors! I guess you don't get that in Texas :)
Thanks for the advice mate, just finishing watching xmen and then ill try it out :D

Ha ha used to get nice cold weather back in the day, but this year has be absolutely ridiculous; today the high temp was 80F (about 26C) and it's been like that all autumn. Summer was even worse with 100F+ (about 38C+) all summer long. Only good thing about that was quicker curing times for resin. But I'd just get mad all the time cause it was so hot. Doesn't help that I'm cold-natured too. Anyway yeah let me.know if that technique works. Another idea I had (though it might be a hassle if you don't have them on hand) is to take a sponge and tear it up a bit and just dab it along where you want your stripe. Don't really know if this way would work cause I haven't tried it, but it's another thing I was thinking about.

Bugger me! That sounds horrible. I hate the heat!
The sponge idea did cross my mind actually. Ill try them both out but I think the sponge idea is probably most promising :)

I can confirm the sponge method does not work, with spray paint at least using the dark colours that I am. Maybe for a lighter secondary colour or even with acrylic paint. So ill try the paper method next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back