Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking great dude. I must say though it looks better in the flesh as it were as I saw you today wearing it all. We should have done a pic with you holding my gravity hammer cause it gave the suit that extra edge. when its done if you wanna do proper photoshoot then let me know and I will get my camera gear out for you. I have been looking at some really nice locations near Bodmin, yes Bodmin! The china works there have some mental looking industrial backdrops for some shoots. Plus for an alien planet type backdrop we have the cheesewring. I want to do a shoot up there then photoshop some interesting skyscape in.

Tom.

did you have a file for the foam helmet for Mark V(B)?

I had a pep file which I worked on and used as a template for foam but tbh it wasn't brilliant and I'm going to rebuild the helmet using a higher definition file. If you look through the thread for Thorn696 and go to his N6 build he has a link on page 4 to the better file

Looking great dude. I must say though it looks better in the flesh as it were as I saw you today wearing it all. We should have done a pic with you holding my gravity hammer cause it gave the suit that extra edge. when its done if you wanna do proper photoshoot then let me know and I will get my camera gear out for you. I have been looking at some really nice locations near Bodmin, yes Bodmin! The china works there have some mental looking industrial backdrops for some shoots. Plus for an alien planet type backdrop we have the cheesewring. I want to do a shoot up there then photoshop some interesting skyscape in.

Tom.

Thanks dude, I was worried you might not like it when you saw it.
I think a photoshoot is well in order either cheese ring or Bodmin is good. Imagine if we go permission to use the biodomes at Eden!
What would be good is if we could both be in a shoot together!

Just got a but more on the last shin, boots, hand plates, helmet rebuild then detailing paint extra bits and electronics. Though I may leave the helmet rebuild for a bit

Nice build! Had a question, I'm starting my own Mrk V (B) and I was wondering about the best way to make the boots. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to work a with foam, and I was wondering if anyone here knew a good pep file that would do the job. I know this isn't the place for pep requests (I tell this to others who ask the same thing), but I figured that the people that are getting into the Noble Six suit would know where to go.

Hopeful to hear a reply without too much criticism for this, Seth

Thanks Seth, your best bet is it to Spartan_127's build he posted a good boot file for me on his build thread. Thanks Seth and good luck!

Mike

Nice work i'm always astonished by the foam build.

Maybe i will try it for my torso but can i make resine or glass fiber on foam ?

i've never known anyone to use resin or fibre glass on it. You wouldn't really need to either as foams pretty tough stuff especially the higher density stuff I use. Once you coat it in plastidip (paint not spray) it adds a slightly harder shell to the foam but not much, makes for a much faster build process. From cutting out and shaping pieces, then glueing all together and then painting on plastidip, primer and paint then any details on top you have a finished product where as with card, resin, bondo etc takes much longer.

if you choose to use it for your torso then check out my tutorial below for some tips, also try Dracks tutorial for a more comprehensive tutorial.
Thanks, Mike

You can use certain types of Ssmooth Cast plastics to harden it considerably well. Although it's not necessary, and you'd also use the advantage of flexibility - considering that most types of video game and movie armors are impossible to wear in real life, it's an important issue.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36484-Plastic-coating-foam

Agreed, the problem mainly with this suit is being able to reach around the front of it. If it didn't have any flex then it's be impossible to reach the tac pad or hold a gun

Nice build! Had a question, I'm starting my own Mrk V (B) and I was wondering about the best way to make the boots. I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to work a with foam, and I was wondering if anyone here knew a good pep file that would do the job. I know this isn't the place for pep requests (I tell this to others who ask the same thing), but I figured that the people that are getting into the Noble Six suit would know where to go.

Hopeful to hear a reply without too much criticism for this, Seth

Hey Seth. Send me a message or shoot me a reply in my Son's thread for what you may need. I've got a lot of different files for the Reach Spartans if that's what you're looking for or I can tell you where to get them. One of the files I have is a Torso that has been converted to a foam template by the designer. I'm currently in the process of trying to get it all back to a regular pep file for my personal build, because I'm one that would rather have the harder armor in most places for the detail. Let me know.

Nice work i'm always astonished by the foam build.

Maybe i will try it for my torso but can i make resine or glass fiber on foam ?

First off, I'm with DBMike and vargatom. Just use plasti dip or something similar to it on foam so the paint will adhere.

I don't have extensive foam building knowledge or anything, but I do have a lot of experience with fiberglass. If you tried to fiberglass /resin the foam, the fiberglass would eat through the foam when it heats up like a styrofoam cup or thin solo cup. Messy Messy. . . :p The Smooth Cast would serve you better if you were just determined to reinforce it with something, but it's pricey and usually has to be mail ordered. I used it for everything on my son's build and it worked well for hardening things and it doesn't generate anywhere near the heat of fiberglass resin. That being said, I've never tried to put it on foam so I don't know if there would be an issue with it actually sticking to the foam or if it would just peel off when the foam flexes, because it actually becomes very rigid while the foam underneath is still flexible, and would most likely defeat the purpose of using the foam in the first place.

Hope this helps!

All of the above but for my little bit of extra info check out xrobot.co.uk. He hardens his ironman suits with smooth-on. There is a brief vid here http://www.xrobots.co.uk/coating/ explaining what he has done but like spartan_127 said it gets expensive.

Hope this helps,
Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back