Noble H5 3D printed armor! DONE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Noble halo5 3D printing armor for a client

*Stares* Loving how this is looking and the mechanics of the suit. SO much I'd love to implement into my own stuff tbh

We are staring on the helm this week .
this is my last suit Ill make so I want it to look right.....NO point rushing the thing

Better to make sure it comes out just the way you want it then to rush any part of it, i love the way your integrating electronics into your build *-*
Looks perrdyyy .

OK due to the HOT weather Here in PDX I am weathering Noble .

I wanna give him the look that he slid on REACH quite a lot.

thigh> Cq59igYVIAA8Wjd.jpg

Sholders> Cq54gvVUIAAlfaJ.jpg Cq54mlHVMAEI7Nb.jpg

Chest!>Cq51t57VIAArp9D.jpg Cq5112XUIAAl2Un.jpg

Bracers> Cq5_QQ9UIAAjXr_.jpg Cq5_alHVMAA2oei.jpg

Version 2 Helm is half done. I did part of one but while it would have fit. I wanted to give a tad more room and I only lost a day of print time to the smaller one.

The challange for me is to vac form the visor.
Ive done vac forming . just not visors... so I need to get messy !

also Silver nitrate and a few other goodies . I want to mirror the visor my self in the shop. I know its easy to do on glass. POLYCARB is a whole nother ball of wax.

We shal see.!

helm is on its last part. . Man O man I am super readdy to wrap this up! .

One printed and sanded and acetone washed warmaster !

20160905_125936.jpg

needs a visor .... Looks like its BUCK time! Ive been itching to try my improved vac former.

with paint!

20160905_145318.jpg

Oh how I LOVE that paint....

I swear it makes every thing look just soo halo-ish.

a massive update ....... a all up test .. .. We are down to boot covers and gloves( the elbows are done ,. just need a mount ) . back spine is on the way.
best part . boots and soles are gonna add about 2 inch of lift .

CrsrtM-UEAA7ybb.jpg Crsr08RVIAE7Fyg.jpg Crss017UkAIRrbF.jpg

Ya know . Ive learnd SO much by making these suits. My 3rd one is WAY better then the Chief I made a year ago and Rtas.

This is beautiful... thank you for linking this on my thread, it's a great read! Could you explain how you got the 3D model of your friend, or link something that does?

I got the raw files from here on the archive and the body is Eriq in a moprhsuit at a 3D scanning booth in the area.

Well I went to Port plastic . I got a sheet of 1/16 PETG . 4*8 feet 39 bucks! I can do at least 10 visors on a sheet ...

SO I tested it today and here is a pull I did.... its not dialed in yet.. I ran 240*F and its a tad hot.

CsWsxAFUsAAwmzj.jpg

Results are promising! . Ill be doing another pull tomarrow to get a final visor .

Thanks Palmer!

Today I wrapped up the visor ( sans the inserts to come later ) and mounted it in the lid. Then I did the paint job for it and along with that wear and tear ..

used my torch to Sim some plasma burns. It reacts with the paint to burn it a tad and it melts the print a tad too! .

CscMCHLVYAAQ93l.jpg ...

So much progress and here I am being a potato XD I blame being too strained from work but tbh it's not much of an excuse. I'm only now sitting down to edit videos too. *sighs* I need motivation

Trust me I have been fighting a lack of motovation the last 4 weeks . its rough!

Well Well! We are allmost there! . Ive wrapped up the Front of the boot covers ( toes) .... 4 prints 26 Hours Now Iam on the boot backs. ( heels ) . Est 20 H for those ..

I wrapped up the glove hand plates... It needs the finger caps...... Est 8 H print

ETA for whole suit .. 2 weeks from today! .......

We deliver ! Here is a pic of a boot with a few of the parts. Missing is the Uppers and the metatasal guards.

20160919_192054.jpg
super high stress area. so its all gonna be glassed 3 times . and then to make it look thick Ill use EVA to gap fill the heal.
then the bottom is all glued to a split plywood base whith its own tread.

Spartan Lift Kit !

might consider printing parts for my next armor now

got some wood in ,
20160924_164656.jpg

1st layer of glass is cureing .. toes get VERY beat up at cons. Esp on escalators! .

3 layers of glass on toes . 2 on heals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back