Noble Six/H4 Stealth/Stalker build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know its preferable, but a pep route isn't going to be easy. based on how much detail you want. You're not going to get aluminum armor in two months, and even then MAYBE a whole suit. pepping a suit will take almost a month in itself. I still recommend a foam route.

7902918834_5d9f311379.jpg
DSCF5016 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7902911618_06717982b1.jpg
DSCF5019 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7902914206_cd7038e0a6.jpg
DSCF5018 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

this took 5 days only cause I work 9-10 hr days. I'm definently not gonna try to make ceramic molds for aluminum armor at this moment. Just a future concept.
Also I might downsize the helmet a tad bit. I'll do that last but it seems to be a lil too large in comparasin to the chest. My height is 175cm and I scaled the helmet for extra space not knowing the outcome but with my height being 184cm after getting alot of advice. The chest I scaled to myself at 180cm cause it seemed to be an in between scaling # and its worked but just so. The chest has a little extra room but it is slim fitting. with an undersuit maybe a motocross jacket or something it'll need some adjustment so I'll start on the strapping as soon as I get it fiberglassed and a lil bondo work done.
Next thing is the boots. I have 2 sets of combat boots so I'm donating one set to the build and I'll build the boot around it. I just want to make sure I get the scale right for the boots cause that should about set the scale for the legs so everything stays in proportion in a vertical sense. I cant have a huge helmet,slim torso,medium legs and huge boots.

Well, I know its preferable, but a pep route isn't going to be easy. based on how much detail you want. You're not going to get aluminum armor in two months, and even then MAYBE a whole suit. pepping a suit will take almost a month in itself. I still recommend a foam route.

I've never worked with foam and I just want A suit done somehow prior to the halo 4 launch. pep has some really good detail in the HD files and can be made to look really good. I dont have any help and am afraid at the moment with being short on time to start all over using foam rather than just fly through pep models. I should be able to make both the boots tomorrow and start on the calves. The helmet and chest were the biggest issue both of them taking 5 days. The helmet was my first pep model so I learned alot from it and the rest is now cakework. I do want to learn the foam route as well. I plan on making many,many suits different weapons in different combination. I just need someone to work with for a day or so. I'm a visual or hands on learner and for foam I need a one time mentor and I'd feel alot better about how I go about doing it.

AND HELP!!!! someone help me brainstorm ideas for an undersuit. The halo 4 MC torso does not and will not hide the lines of a zipper if I used a motocross jacket. Also look at the abdomen up to the sternum of the halo 4 MC. Theres an outwards bulge in the suit up to the ab plates. How can I realistically make the undersuit fit this detail properly?

7909408648_375291849d.jpg
DSCF5021 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

First coat of resin. I'll go do the inner coat in about 30 min. The sections on the shoulders that I believe are thrusters in H4 are hollow so I'm filling them with Great Stuff after the resin. Tuesday I'll lay 2 layers of glass and allow to cure while I work on the boots and calves,wednesday I'll cut the chest and start with some bondo. Hopefully I'll start resining the boots wednesday as well.

7926612710_4a5e384d72.jpg
DSCF5023 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7926616344_134a71c759.jpg
DSCF5022 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

pep work done of one boot. Not the final product. If I do use these boots theyre gonna be wrapped in vinyl snakeskin as will most of my undersuit. Concept of what it will look like at least. Ive got reference pics so when I get off work tomorrow I'll start on one of the calves and thighs to make sure everything is proportionate. Then start on the other leg. Then all I'll have is the codpeice and arms,the rest is cake!!!

Everything is looking good. I'd recommend using a custom undersuit made of foam and breathable materials to eliminate the cover up issues with the new Halo 4 armor. I haven't really looked into what the undersuit looks like for Halo 4, but foam is very versatile and I'm sure it could work for you. Hope this helps in some way.

Keep up the good work. Your torso is looking awesome so far.

I was thinking motorcycle undersuit,form eva foam over it,and wrap some of the sections with the snakeskin material. Give it a thick second skin look. I'm going based off of the spartan VI's in halo 4 and the Halo 4 MC undersuit.

I was thinking motorcycle undersuit,form eva foam over it,and wrap some of the sections with the snakeskin material. Give it a thick second skin look. I'm going based off of the spartan VI's in halo 4 and the Halo 4 MC undersuit.

That sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Especially if you just use the 3mm craft foam to do the details, because then you wouldn't lose any mobility. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

7940971406_e8e94458c1.jpg
DSCF5032 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7940974078_95bbddb84d.jpg
DSCF5031 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7940976580_abea3e5c54.jpg
DSCF5030 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

7940968432_97ca849000.jpg
DSCF5033 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

So theres what I got so far. And my Six helmet next to my Shoei RF1100.
Also I just finished the calf and with the undersuit and everything it should be proportionate to the boot when I finish them. So i'll start the thigh tomorrow. What I'm confused about is do some people cut the calves or other peices to fit? I know the chest I have to cut but I dont see any other way to put the shin on and take it off without cutting it into 2 peices. Its loose on me but I wont be able to slide it on and off once I glass it. Help?

8003619043_4802ff03b5.jpg
DSCF5044 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

8003620617_621310301c.jpg
DSCF5043 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

This was the first pep model I'd ever done so it was a huge learning experience. Not perfect by any means and still needs alot of smoothing. I have the pages printed out for the halo 3 Rogue Helmet I'm gonna make for my freelancer build as soon as I'm done with my halo 4 build (if I can figure out inverting files) so this is Just an update.
Glad the site is back up. XD

so as it turns out Ive given up on scaling methods so from now on I use a ruler to take multiple measurements of whatever area I need to go for. I did a halo 3 thigh and it came out great as far as fitment but the halo 4 thigh I used a picture to person scaling method came out massive and unwearable. With the halo 4 forearm I just spend hours on it turns out its about 5-7cm too small. Which is huge :/ so I've taken a few measurements and it seems to be coming together now that I've changed my method.if I had the time before halo 4 I'd start over almost completely which I will at some point just because I'm a perfectionist and it has to come out perfect for everything. Overkill it seems but in time I'll get there.

so as it turns out Ive given up on scaling methods so from now on I use a ruler to take multiple measurements of whatever area I need to go for. I did a halo 3 thigh and it came out great as far as fitment but the halo 4 thigh I used a picture to person scaling method came out massive and unwearable. With the halo 4 forearm I just spend hours on it turns out its about 5-7cm too small. Which is huge :/ so I've taken a few measurements and it seems to be coming together now that I've changed my method.if I had the time before halo 4 I'd start over almost completely which I will at some point just because I'm a perfectionist and it has to come out perfect for everything. Overkill it seems but in time I'll get there.

I've never had any luck with picture scaling methods either. I always took multiple measurements of my son when I was building his pieces and it turned out to be the best way for me also. Sorry to hear you had to redo some pieces, but hey. . . . that's part of the "fun" so to speak. . . . LOL. Good luck with the rest.

I've been working alot but I've got one forearm done and I've decided to try to get at least a full suit done for the launch i'm doing a mix of armor types. I was looking at concept stuff and found some pretty cool armor schemes and decided I'm gonna do it my way and make it work. I'll do full matching builds after halo 4

8028324275_2bd20d1292.jpg
DSCF5046 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

8028325615_a6143b51cb.jpg
DSCF5045 by PyroAngel, on Flickr

That forearm looks awesome. And looks dead on with scaling. I think you nailed this one. :cool Pep work also looks nice and clean. Keep up the good work and good luck on your deadline for the launch. If you make it, we should see a lot of progress over the next few weeks.

For sure. The forearm fits somewhat awkwardly and I couldnt scale it down any more without making it too short wrist to elbow. Lots of padding I suppose. Ive researched the parts I can build quickly that are still high def and will fit flush with one another. Its all gonna be black for the time being and I'll do alot of detail work after launch. So far-Halo 3 HD thighs,Reach Shins,Halo 4 boots,Halo 4 chest,Halo 4 gauntlets,Halo 4 forearms,Reach or halo 3 shoulders (depending on what shoulder attachment I want)Halo 3 cod,Noble six helmet,and I have a black moto gp racing undersuit and a huge roll of eva foam as well as a schematic for the layers of the undersuit so it should come together quickly. Next day off is saturday and I'll try to knock out as much of the lower portions as possible and the other forearm. Thanks for the support Spartan 127 youre always keeping me motivated.

So far so good :) I think your doing well. I hate scaling lol, i wish i could just like scan myself and then the computer would scale the armor for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back