Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out for a while, but I'm glad to see this build is still going on! Everything looks great; love the detail of the torso!

Hey guy's. Just thought I'd show off some of my future Halo: Reach projects.

Patsy%2527s+Magic+Bullet+003.JPG

Left to Right: 5mm Caseless, 12.7mm Magnum, 7.62mm NATO, (Or 7.62mm UNSC?) 8 Gauge 3.5" Magnum, 25mm Airburst Grenade (Same one used in the XM25)

Patsy%2527s+Magic+Bullet+005.JPG

Real World Comparisons: 10mm next to the 12.7mm, and a 12 Gauge 2.25" birdshot next to the 8 Gauge 3.5" buckshot

May be a while before we see some finished shotgun shells or grenades, got to wrap up this other project. In the meantime, enjoy.

I have shot an 8 gauge magnum. It makes 10 and 12 gauges look like pee shooters. And the first time I did I was 10 and weighed 85 lbs. It was entertaining for my dad to say the least. I ended up painted on the hood of the truck that started out like 3 feet behind me. Oh, and because of your dmr I got myself some 2mm sintra for detail work. It's beautiful.

Jesus, that 8 gauge totally dwarfs the 12...!

Yeah, the 12 gauge just slips right in there. Right now I got a FRAG 8, slug, sabot, and of course, buckshot in the works.

I have shot an 8 gauge magnum. It makes 10 and 12 gauges look like pee shooters. And the first time I did I was 10 and weighed 85 lbs. It was entertaining for my dad to say the least. I ended up painted on the hood of the truck that started out like 3 feet behind me. Oh, and because of your dmr I got myself some 2mm sintra for detail work. It's beautiful.

I'm not a good friend, 'cause friends don't let friends buy cheap tupperware for thier 3.5" 12 gauge magnum shotguns
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Give it another few days, Jake, your headach will go away...

Would it be unruly to ask for the email of whoever's selling the armor pulls? I can't access the classifieds, but I got money, man.

This build is looking great. I can't wait to see the pic's of a whole suit. You all have me drooling at you're pulls, I wish I had the space for that but it dose encourage me to keep working thru my build. Keep up the great work.

Watch out stupid heavy on the pics!

Well thanks to tactonyx I have had a secret project as of late. Many of you have seen tactonyx build wip on his dmr. Well, we got our heads together and he sent it here to be cast. A few of the pulls will make their way back with the master and the mold will stay here. I started by building the box out of 5/8s mdf. I then built up the clay around the dmr which was a huge learning experience. Let's just say it was a learning experiences and my hands are sore from working the stupid clay. If you are going to do this, I recommend finding a way to gently heat the clay to make it maleable. I used my oven, setting it as low as it would go and putting it in for a short amount of time until it was workable. I would recommend using medium because the soft is very difficult to remove once you are ready to mold the second half. Anyway, I will post up some of the clay pics and continue the process from there.

7ca92508.jpg

47e00354.jpg

d96801be.jpg

d5158108.jpg

e95f598b.jpg

Once the clay was done I poured one side, let it cure, flipped it over and began the unpleasant experience of removing all the clay. After hours of cleanup without finishing, I went to bed, woke up the morning and recommended. Finally after clearing all the clay I poured the second half. I also used boxes to make the molds for the scope and the detail on the cheek rest. The charging handle and flash suppressor I used 1 1/2 inch abs pipe for the mold frame. The molds turned out well, and the casting will start tomorrow. I will be cold casting the parts using smooth cast 320 and nickel silver powder. So here are the rest of the pics.
814d4586.jpg

e6fefab4.jpg

5be35f38.jpg

2d58dc48.jpg

21418cd3.jpg

ac30c9e0.jpg

So yea, lots of pics, and there will be more tomorrow once I do the first cast. Enjoy. I know I do! It looks so much better in person. Watch soon for a limited run in the classifieds.

holy freaking cow that is awesome i don't know how but i have got to get my hands on one of those.......give me a sec while i clean the drool off the floor

You're a better man than I, Brandon. Instead of using MDF boards, I probably would've used cardboard from the walmart dumpster and hot glued it to my table.
Sehr gut. Fantastich! You went above and beyond and did a beautiful job.

I tried rotocasting with it. Now I see what Adam means in the newbie vid. It's freaking 35 lbs of rubber and a 15lb+ quarter sheet of mdf. I am glad I am a bit of a gym addict or it may have killed me. It's about 8 lbs of resin to top it off. So by the time you are done, you are rocking around give or take 60 lbs. Yeah. The rifle is a half gallon of resin. So they aren't cheap to cast. And a pain. But oh so worth it. And the whole damn clay process, both installing and removing, took longer than the 6 hour cure time for each side of the rubber. And I think I may have picked the wrong damn rubber. But the end result is wonderful. The process just needs some tweaking. Oomoo tears easily if you aret careful. Next time will use rebound. But I can't not do as much right as I know how. If its worth doing its worth doing right.

wowzer! this is awesome! i wish i had the resources and materials your using. Make my stuff look so much better. skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back