Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can do. He is just starting to take commissions and was simply using the pictures as referrence for what he was willing to do as a commission. So now he has credited the original builders and made the situation clear. He is not recasting, but making parts from scratch. So hopefully that has that completely settled. I tried to make the situation clear to him and explain the norms and taboos involves in the prop community. I just hope my Spanish was as clear as I tried to make it. If there are any who speak spavin as their mother tongue, would you mind checking it out for me and making sure? Thanks!

If there are any who speak spanish as their mother tongue, would you mind checking it out for me and making sure? Thanks!

Will do, sir. I'll let you know if this guys is up to no good.

-Pony

So after starting primering some of the weapons I have I had some time on my hands, and I have pepped most everything I have files for and want to work on, so I thought I would give something else a shot. Yesterday while in the city I picked up some sculpting tools. So I decided I would try my hand at sculpting, starting with something small. I thought I would give the handplate a shot. I started by laying out the shape and breaking down the layers. I cut the base shape from cardboard and layed down clay in the base shape. I thn spent the next hour or two cleaning, raking etc to get it where I wanted it. The first "finished pic" shows it with the top ridge a little high so I shaved it down and made it a little more curved. I have to thank Devin aka bluerealm and jp aka troubleis1983 for their walkthroughs on their sculpting, it really helped. I did a transition mold and am happy with how it turned out. I could really use it as a final mold, but I think I might clean up the cast a little bit. There is something about the shape that is bothering me slightly. Anyway, here are the pics, let me know what you think. I am happy with it or my first time sculpting.

8a0dfa80.jpg

77ef7da3.jpg

2162a63a.jpg

f7347d28.jpg

0dc376af.jpg

b2f4d9fd.jpg

Well I am happy this all comes to a happy ending. I am mexican so I can help ya with your spanish stuff anytime. And I must say that guy was claiming your work as his cus' I've check his profile and he never said the pictures were reference before you talk to him, it was more an omission lie. I'll try to keep an eye on him but it looks that he learned the lesson.

Something needs to be done about this stuff, more so than trying to stop the person after the fact. The only way i can think of is using a faded logo, name or trademark of the builder over the pictures like the example below.

Best example i could find.

istockphoto_8587338-close-up-woman-s-eye.jpg

Yup this has to be done so you keep your work safe from guys like this.

So decided to try some more sculpting today. There isn't a file for the spine protection area, so I figured it would try sculpting it. I sketched it out on cardstock first, then broke it down into layers. I sculpted each layer separately and then laud then one on top of the other. I will fill in the gaps just before molding it. Here are the pics. You will see two parts that extend up a bit, these go up under actual back of te torso and can be connected with something like Chicago screws and washers. And the bottom with the undersuit itself.

21c2d0f5.jpg

a20f14d0.jpg

c2d6abaf.jpg

Looks great Brandon. I had been thinking of making this part in foam mats once I finish the rest of my armor

You mean no file for them yet, i just gathered pictures for that lol.

Nice bit of sculpting, both sides look symmetrical and even. The edges are sharp as well. It would look good cast and used in some armor, nice work.

I didn't think I could sculpt, I had never tried it. This is very simple stuff, I'm not sure how I would do at something like a helmet. As far as symmetry it should be pretty much spot on, I used templates for all of the shapes, and used the same for both right and left. Sketching it out beforehand helps a lot. I had forgotten to add a couple details before the last pic. Using some thin cardboard and 2mm sintra I added the little side details on the back. You can see them here:

39f0589b.jpg

I used the back of the l3x version 3 torso in the default scale to measure the back.

Well, I'm pretty sure you could do it. I haven't sculpeted in 10yrs or so, but if you measure frequently, it won't let you down. Also, using the mirror technique helps as well, it makes your brain look at it in a way its not used to (left vs right dominant). This used to help me make sure stuff was symetrical.

Personally, I would have used the shot of Six standing on the hill looking down on New Alexandria, but it seems to have worked out fine for you.

brandon when that helmet gets to you look inside of it there is something in there that will help with your spine work as well.....

Any info on when that bicep file will be available? Forged makes some of the most accurate files Ive ever seen and I cant wait to get them all under my belt.

Your pepping is amazing and it looks like you can pump these things out in a couple hours!
Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back