Noob Girl's Grif Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is looking pretty good so far. what size did you end up scaling the helmet to? if the finished one is able to fit snugly on your head, then the smaller attempts must have been tiny as... best of luck for a warm day, winter is just around the corner in my neck of the woods so it should be summer there soon :D ...

this is looking pretty good so far. what size did you end up scaling the helmet to? if the finished one is able to fit snugly on your head, then the smaller attempts must have been tiny as... best of luck for a warm day, winter is just around the corner in my neck of the woods so it should be summer there soon :D ...

I should have kept notes because I no longer recal what the final size is. Oh wait duh *grabs tape measure to measure helmet itself* 240 mm high.
As for temps it's spring , and in Calgary that could mean snow, or hot temps. It all can change in a blink of a eye.
So I'm waiting for the forecast to predict a series of hot days in a row. So far it looks like it might be this weekend, with temps predicted so far 8-9 Celsius range. I'm crossing my fingers that the predicted temps will rise above double digits in the next couple days.

The size of the helmet usually around H 275mm for small head, H 285mm for medium size head and H 290mm for large size head and they all apply to any helmet file.

The size of the helmet usually around H 275mm for small head, H 285mm for medium size head and H 290mm for large size head and they all apply to any helmet file.

Yikes! I won't have time to remake it for The Calgary Comic Expo. I'll have to make do and cut back on planned padding. If I have time I'll start on a new helmit for next year. Or cross my fingers and hope the chest piece and the rest won't take up as much time as I think they will.

nice it looks really good and the helmet looks great very cleanly pepped =D
keep up he good wor and hope you finish in time :)

Well I stopped by a local costume shop and inquired on a helmit. They had the delux model in stock, but it was expensive and ugly. I put a order in for a cheaper model which would suit for a temporary that I would repaint better.
Meanwhile the finished pep helmit will serve as my trial piece for resin/bondo/paint

I also picked up a hockey neck guard with a bib on sale that will serve as the neck connector with only slight moderation

I should have kept notes because I no longer recal what the final size is. Oh wait duh *grabs tape measure to measure helmet itself* 240 mm high.
As for temps it's spring , and in Calgary that could mean snow, or hot temps. It all can change in a blink of a eye.
So I'm waiting for the forecast to predict a series of hot days in a row. So far it looks like it might be this weekend, with temps predicted so far 8-9 Celsius range. I'm crossing my fingers that the predicted temps will rise above double digits in the next couple days.

oh, thank goodness for that... i thought for a second there that you were going to resin at 8-9 Celsius?! whew... i'd wait til the late teens early twenties before cracking the resin out, but i tend to ere on the side of the cheap ass (i don't like wasting resin or catylist) your weather sounds like unpredictable stanthorpe weather... we're the coldest part of queensland in australia, so i'll have to switch to making wooden props for the next few months soon...

i'm glad the warm is coming soon for you, nothing hurts more than a hold up due to the weather. best of luck! also, great idea with the hockey neck, i wouldn't have thought of that...

With the chest price finally done I decided to switch to low res for the rest of the suit. Then replace the pieces later with high res.
Still waiting on a weather warmup to get outside and start resining.

But the reason for today's update is I have my gloves in. It's a cool combo of paintball gloves and gloves that can be used on touchscreens
7021328369_20b065eeca_n.jpg
photo by LoneHowler, on Flickr

7021329407_3fbc979b3d_n.jpg

My paintball gloves I picked up at a local retailer, but they didn't have the full fingered ones. The touchscreen gloves I bought from www.Agloves.com
I was going to buy a pair from ThinkGeek but they only cary the heavier whieght ones

I want to swear right now.
My computer has decided to compleatly crash, and I won't be able to get a new one till after the con. Till the I'm working off my iPhone.
Thankfully I have all but the boots pepped, or printed out. I'm going to have to try making the boots with foam by eyeballing the design. Please all angle pictures of the Mark VI boots will be a great help

That sucks! Do you think you will have wearable armour in time for the Expo! I'm sure I speak for the rest of the Snowburner Squad, when I say we'd all love to meet another Spartan costumer locally.

I hope so. I'm going to attempt freehand foam boots. Everything elce is ready to be resined. I'll have to be careful there is no longer room for mistakes
I too am looking forward to meeting the rest of the local 405ths

A small photo update instead of just me complaining

6925599508_5d44ed6c0a.jpg

The helmit from Sandy getting prepped for painting, the high def chest piece with the low def shins now finally pepped out, without the help of pepakura viewer. And a little prop to indicate where I decided to take my paintjob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back