ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the best thing to use of and under suit.I was thinking of just wareing a mulit cam type out dif like for the marines or army has.

I'm using multicam. mainly because it's easy to come by and doesn't require a lot of work. I haven't really paid much attention to the ODST underarmor though.

Does anyone know the best thing to use of and under suit.I was thinking of just wareing a mulit cam type out dif like for the marines or army has.

The game undersuit is pretty complex from the research I've done. It looks more like a padded underarmor for BMX or motorcycles than milspec. There's a couple great ODST builds on here that just use multi's, flightsuits, or anything else for that matter. They all look good. It really depends on how "game accurate" you'd like versus quick trooping. I'd rather have a good clean build than one that's never left the concept stage, so if a custom or BMX undersuit is out of the question than I'd go with the multi-cam. The camo pattern on their legs looks a bit multi anyway, and especially the cammo on the marines in H3 and H4.

I'm doing research and making patterns for me and my girlfriend for the ODST canon undersuit (lots of pics from the theater). Looks like there are maybe three layers to it. I'm going to use this image for now, but hopefully by saturday I'll have my ODST thread started and post reference pics I have from files on the Xbox.

1st layer (dark grey) is a ribbed knit fabric much like hane's A-shirt undershirts have, thermals, or the always comfy wooly pully ;) it would depend on your environment on which weight of fabric you'd want to use. Which also as a side note would make sense for them, in game, as well.

2nd layer (light grey in shoulders, dark grey in thighs) appears to be a padded layer, much like a compression shirt or again like armor for sports. I know people looking at Spartan IV armor have been researching alot into mcdavid's mesh foam, like this. I would consider the shoulder padding and inner thighs to be part of this layer. Also, looking at it, a ripstop fabric would be pretty spot on for achieving the right look on the padding.

Both of these two layers I'm going to have as one "jacket" for my build. Much like how the Condor Tactical Alpha jacket that I own is fleece, mesh inner layer, with ripstop shoulders and forearms.

3rd layer I'd say is actually the spine protection that most people, including WETA and Legacy Effects, have included on the flak vest. I've jumped out of perfectly and not-so perfectly good planes, been messing around on dirt bikes, quads, etc and I believe that spine protection should go all the way up to the neck like on any of today's motorsports armor. Like this Using foamies, it's easy to fake this look on the back of the undersuit jacket.

bascially, I enjoy jackets and where I live in the winter your jacket becomes your new shirt, so I like having a few (okay, maybe a lot). My girlfriend can sew really well and I can make patterns so this is just an excuse to make a cool nerdgasm jacket that only die-hard fans would recognize, much like the UNSC Cadet Caps from Halo Reach. I'm using O'Brien's jacket he wore in the messhall as primary inspiration to go along with what I've found in-game. The cartoon is from Halo Legends btw.

Sorry for such a wordy post without any personal pictures, but I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help I'm just going to do mulitcam and put some pads on the outside. Can't resin the under cest for some reson it whent from being hot yesterday to poirng rain to day.

I hear you man,

highs yesterday in the desert were mid-70s, tonight's low is 48 down there with a chance of snow where I'm at and it's storming outside as we speak. Yeah...

good luck though, worst case scenario maybe a hair dryer would help with the resin casting? I did that once getting a job done on a 34 chevy

Well I have Finaly got arond to it and started a new helmet.
This time I used a diffrent helm this one is the rookie helm by rundown.

Front

http://odst049_zps006c6765.jpg

Side

http://odst050_zps2997c16a.jpg

Attachments

• odst049_zps006c6765.jpg
    odst049_zps006c6765.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 147
  • odst050_zps2997c16a.jpg
    odst050_zps2997c16a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 166
Well I think I'm going to put this project on the afterburner I have been working on my 1/6th rc Jagdpanther tank. I will come bak to it some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back