Odst Plans / Reinforcing Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

I saw the new odst video and made a change in planes from a marine to an odst :) , but that's not important. I made a model of the canister things they have (i don't know what they are), its not the best but i did it also to look into something, i had heard before that you cant fiberglass the inside of such objects and got the idea to cut the object in two and cap the holes and put in a key thing for more support in the center(the key is for aligning). im not sure how well this would work or if it was done before but I'm just wondering what others think of it? if this could work i was looking into doing another model in more sliced segments.

odst_thing_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

wow it looks good and thats a great idea,but if u release the file that is compatible with pepakura designer 3 i will unfold it and then build it and then let u know how it works out but im goin ton vacation this friday to Destine Florida for a week yay lol,so it wont be done until after then

pepping something like this might not be the way to go. we had planned on using soda cans, and using sheets of thin foam with adhesive on the back to create the detail. the foam is less than a dollar per sheet, and just one sheet should get at least 3 canisters done. much less costly and time consuming than fiberglassing.

i noticed the pop can look too, but this was more of a test of the sliced key bit and what people thought of it and if it works, i was planning a weapon if it works to make parts that cant be glassed stronger like nads, guns and anything like them

that would work i have done something like it after i attempted to fiberglass a shoulder and feild on it i think i twas the CQB shoulder but i did was built little pigs in it for screws to go into and when i got done i just screwed it togather it works quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back