Off Topic : Marvel Blackheart Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

[attachment=10741:Blackheart.jpg]Hi guys, If some of you can remember the original Marvel Vs. Capcom and the Ghost Rider comics from the 80's there was a devil creature called Blackheart, not the same guy in the Ghost Rider movie in the likeness but under the same name well this week I have started molding the entire costume for conventions so this should turn out well I have about 8 years of experience making prostetics so that won't be a problem. The hardest part of the costume will be his prehinsile tail that he has and all the rubber/latex that will be involved in the making of the costume. So far my progress with the costume I have gotten my complete body cast done and let me tell you standing up for 6 hours in a full plaster body cast can be no fn at all and I have stone casted my body after I was literlly pulled from the body cast, now for the fun of applying the clay to the stone cast then I have to replaster the costume to make the negative and positive molds for the outfit, after this I can use either latex , rubber or prostetic gelatin to make the costume from after all these fun steps I can finally airbrush the costume a purplish black and make the eyes of the costume. There is a pic below of what the costume will come out looking like once I get done.

Pulling it off won't be a problem but I calculate the cost to make it at around 3k. The only problem I've had so far with pulling it off is when I stepped out of the body cast and did'nt use enough Noxema to keep it from taking hair off.

blink.gif
Ouch...

3k? Seems pretty expensive for that. Are you casting that tail as a solid piece and sculpting the muscles?

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
blink.gif
Ouch...

3k? Seems pretty expensive for that. Are you casting that tail as a solid piece and sculpting the muscles?

Yes I am sculpting the muscles and the tail will be one solid piece. The tail will be done seperate from the rest of the molding and costume and will be attached by either a snap or by spirit gum. The back and head spikes are being done by a friend of mine that does predator costuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, good call on the predator friend to help you with the hair. I was going to suggest pred. dreds myself.
wink.gif

This should be something if you can pull if off. I eagerly await the result.

:Bump:

Update

------

After cleaning out the negative cavity of the plaster body cast, I proceed with the really fun part of the process and I have cut my head off the negative, don't worry it did'nt hurt a bit. Now the next process will be done which is pouring whats called Stone Cast into both of the Negatives to form a positive, for those of you if you ever get the idea to do this I would deeply reccomend having someone help you lift the body cast up to pour out the excess casting material, it's similar to clay slip but harder and heavier. Now I will let that dry all night long and in the morning time I can pop my negative away from the stone cast which is my positive and then I'll have to wait about 2 to 3 days before I can start sculpting the muscles, facial features, tail, and etc. After this I get to go through the plaster casting procedure again and then finally I can make the real costume of either latex or prostetic geletin. Sorry for no pictures of the process yet with my Canon D60 broken I have to wait to give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back