Optimus Prime G1 Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erocku

I'll be making a full optimus prime suit as accurate as I can within my ability.

I'm using pics I've found of a 20th anniversary prime.

20th.jpg

I'm starting with the helmet.

So, I started from scratch here with some cardboard, tape, scissors, ruler, razor blade, and some reference pictures.

I started cutting away and came up with this.

DSC03084.jpg

I did a little reshaping, and added some more on.

DSC03087.jpg

And a little more.

DSC03089.jpg

I forgot to take some pictures, but I just got through fiberglassing the inside and started to resin the outside.

DSC03093.jpg

DSC03097.jpg

Yeah, thats a mini soccer ball that I cut up to form the top of the head.

DSC03099.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

I'll be adding the "face" and other details once I get the main shell bondo'd up and smoothed out.

The 20th Anniversary edition? I recently got bored and just started practicing drafting on his gun and now I am doing his head. Glad to see that I am not the only one interested in the toy.

Great work by the way. Keep us updated.

Fluffy

so far so good, also to let you know in case your interested .. there is a G1 prime pep file floating around here somewhere as well.

I started putting on some bondo and sanding. It sucks that I live in an apartment complex. I can't fire up the sander at night. I painted some primer on so I can better see the lines. Not too much work left on that one side. Getting the dome nice and smooth will be the hardest part though. I'm going to have to do some of that by hand. :(

DSC03127.jpg

this is a verry good looking scratch build. and i also ha ve to sand by hand. lol its gunna take forever on my c.q.b . .

and ironkamekaze. or however you spell it:p that looks verry good. sctrach built?

GiR3892 said:
epic and old school , i love it!!

very nice product you've done there are you going to do more?

Yes! I am going to be doing the whole suit. As long as I don't screw it up, I plan on molding the armor and selling off some copies to help finance this project.

If Prime goes well, I'll be on to Megatron.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going good, there is an instructable about making a cardboard version. Instructable.com

I patterned my son's costume after that one. Check out the link in my sig. Keep up the good work.

More bondo, spot putty, and sanding on the sides. I started to smooth out the dome some too.

The smoother side...

DSC03129.jpg

The sorta smooth side...

DSC03130.jpg

and dome...

DSC03132.jpg

xXSTICKXx said:
this is a verry good looking scratch build. and i also ha ve to sand by hand. lol its gunna take forever on my c.q.b . .

and ironkamekaze. or however you spell it:p that looks verry good. sctrach built?

it's a scratch build we made it out of polystyrene and painted it with h20 paints

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back