Outlaw-Tiger's Mk Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys ! so its been quite some time sense i posted in the veteran section. but i feel its time to bring my build back haha. so i just have two pictures for this post, but once i get back home (i'm at university) i will take a picture of everything together up to that point. as i slowly work on the rest of the pieces i will also post pictures... though i sadly still have yet to figure out how to update an older post and have my whole thread get shuffled back to the first page... is there even a way to do that aside from posting a whole new post ?

anyhoo... PICTURES ! :)

[attachment=13256:torso 1.jpg]

[attachment=13257:torso 2.jpg]

that is all for now, more to come later

O.T.

Queen said:
Lookin' good so far, Tiger!

haha thanks. i have both shoulders, both forearms, and the helmet also built and in different stages of finishedness... like the left shoulder is glassed, but the right shoulder is only resined, and the helmet is glassed as well, but they are all being stored at my house while i'm at university (i live with my parents during the summer... its WAY cheaper that way) so they don't get ruined.

EDIT: adam anderson: unfortunately i live in NB canada... and we are WELL past summer here. at the moment the temp outside is 0 (Celsius), so i have to hold of on any fiberglass or resin or bondo till next summer (though it DOSE give me time to build the rest of the armour pieces haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of something called a curing box. It allows your resined armor bits to cure even when it's cold outside.

holy crap ! are you guys serious !? thanks :) i'm for sure going to look into this :). i will just need to find a place where i can resin then... preferably NOT out in the snow hahaha (we get a TON of it)

Outlaw-Tiger said:
holy crap ! are you guys serious !? thanks :) i'm for sure going to look into this :) . i will just need to find a place where i can resin then... preferably NOT out in the snow hahaha (we get a TON of it)

you can always use the snow for added insulation for the curing box, just pile it on top lol

Syphon said:
you can always use the snow for added insulation for the curing box, just pile it on top lol

haha touche !

Humboldt_spartan said:
yo tiger glad to see ya back at it , cant wait to see what else ya got put together .

hey humboldt_spartan, thanks :)

and a quick update... the past couple days i have been fighting that damn H1N1 virus (some retard on our swim team had it and decided he wanted to go for a swim even though he was supposed to be locking himself up in his own room), so i went home to get myself away from the sickies on campus, and was able to take one picture of everything together so far.

here it is:

[attachment=13411:picture 001.jpg]

hmm, now that i look at the picture... dose it look like the helmet is to big for the chest piece... or am i just tripping out ?

ok, so i know this is a double post... but i have yet to figure out how to modify an old post so that it will bring this thread back to the top/first page... if anyone knows how please tell me :p

now, that having been said... have some SMALL progress to post.. built the size tester for the COD piece... i'm thinking just the TEENSYEST bit too small, as i had to splice in a small scrap piece of card stock on the side, and staple the two halves together (for the picture). so i'm upping it to a height measurement of 30, and the piece was at a 29.1. i figure a 30 will give me enough room even when the fiberglass is in and all the strapping and whatnot is installed. take a look at the two pictures and tell me what your think (even though its a size tester, comments and constructive criticisms are always welcome :)

[attachment=13725:picture 004.jpg]

yeah, never mind the one different colour spot on the front of the COD, i accidentally ruined that section when i was cutting them out, so i had to make some 'repairs' with some of my scrap card stock lol.

[attachment=13726:picture 006.jpg]

Kazyole said:
Looking good. It takes a real man to wear a pink codpiece :)

hahaha thans, and its not pink ! its lightish red !!! ;) lol

also, just a little update. got the left HD thigh pepped... i never knew my thighs were big enough to merit THAT big a thigh piece haha

[attachment=13833:ummmmm.jpg]

sorry bout the darkness... my camera was acting up on me... not sure why it decided to take that picture darker than the others.

[attachment=13834:left thigh 1.jpg]

[attachment=13835:left thigh 2.jpg]

Outlaw-Tiger said:
hahaha thans, and its not pink ! its lightish red !!! ;) lol

Donut!!!!! Hey, don't paint it, and you can be Donut! Very nice pepping! I will be observing your progress... "WE will be watching your career with great interest" muhahaw! Seriously, the shest is excellent. Who's file is that?

Boba Fett said:
Donut!!!!! Hey, don't paint it, and you can be Donut! Very nice pepping! I will be observing your progress... "WE will be watching your career with great interest" muhahaw! Seriously, the shest is excellent. Who's file is that?

hahahaha thanks :), and if any thing, i would have to go with sarge. haha sarge is just freakin hilarious. and the chest file is the HD torso from Flying Squirrel.

009-SPA said:
It looks very good, and the scale looks great too. Keep it up, I'd like to see more.

:) thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back