Outlaw-Tiger's Mk VI wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn walmart! *shakes fist at the awesomness of america!*
i just wouldnt even know where to look for something like that over here in australia..

correction: i'm canadian. =P but i would imagine that you would be able to find stuff like that at most stores that sell clothing... for sure at sports clothing stores... but the latter would prolly only sell under armour... a possible option for you might be to order it online perhaps ?

haha not sure...i know there is a huge difference between north american style shopping (massive shopping malls), and the type of shops and whatnot in europe (more so individual shops), but i have never been to australia so i don't know lol

either way, you should be finishin that awesome paintjob! <---(wants to see it done lol)

but yes, us americans like to join all those little stores together into a massive collection of people sale prices and stuff!!!!

Lol.. i did the exact same thing!

Anyway, sweet rmor man!

thanks ^_^ now that i finally have time to work on it, it should be almost finished in the next couple days

either way, you should be finishin that awesome paintjob! <---(wants to see it done lol) <-- haha i'm working on it. right now i'm figuring out the strapping for the chest and back pack, then i will finish painting them. then its on to figure out how i'm going to connect the shoulders, and so on (while the pieces are drying i try to figure out the rigging for the pieces that are already finished lol

hey guys, just a quick update. got a bit more work done... not as much as i would have liked as i ran out of body filler, and paint today so i had to go on a city wide hunt for these things (that and Chicago screws... they are surprisingly hard to find in my city for some reason). so i was only able to get a bit of work done... anyhoo, here are some pictures of what i did sense the last update:

the chest and shin that were white in the last update, are now painted and battle damage has been added
chestandshin.jpg

and now everything that is painted in one shot:
allthepiecesthatarepainted.jpg

and the backpack was also finished today. just need to add a bit more padding here and there, but for the most part its all done:
backpiece.jpg

thanks !! ^_^ i'm getting supper pumped more and more as each piece finishes up its build ^_^. still have to rebuild the right boot. but that shouldn't take too long... and then fix the warps in the left shin... but that is coming along as well... though sadly, i wont have time to make the AR by the end of the summer... i will hardly have time to do all the rigging and strapping by the time i go back to school lol gonna be cutting it close

when i first saw the pics, my initial reaction was dang that is a ton of battle damage. However, the more I look at it..... the more I like it. I really like that shade of blue with the heavy damage look. Or perhaps its a black suit and that is just smeared smurf blood hehe

haha one we will never really know as to what is the base colour ;) but yeah, the 'character' that goes along with the armour is supposed to be a more "hands-on" spartan, who has been through battle after battle from the very start. so it only makes logic sense that his armour would be all beet to hell (more so than master chief since the chief pretty much got new armour every game lol)

ok, just a quick update. the armour is coming along nicely... got the chest piece rigged so that it sits very comfortably on the chest and back. gonna start working on figuring out a way to rig the bicep pieces so they sit right now, also managed to install some padding in some of the pieces but ran out of hot glue so i had to stop. 99% of the pieces are built and are in some stage of painting or an other, and i'm still waiting for my visor to come in.

so without further a due i shall give you; Spartan 036: Sgt O.T.
ohhellyeah.jpg

full frontal:
sofreakingclose.jpg

back shot:
almostdonethebuild.jpg

i'm using the standard mirrored gold tint. i entertained the idea of using silver... but then figured i had enough on the actual armour itself so i went with gold lol

haha yeah, i'm working on that. should be getting that particular padding in the next day or two. but thanks ^_^. i'm really loving how its all coming together, ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back