Pelican Pepakura File

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm it could seat my rogue, but my brand new brown 12 inch spartan might have to play a king kong type role.

LOL :lol: I meant it would probably seat the 6 inchers. ATTACK OF THE GIANT SPARTANS!!!! Now that would make a funny episode of arby and chief!

Last edited by a moderator:
tlither said:
If you Google, you'll find a papercraft pelican with textures. I've got it somewhere on my computer. I think it's a PDF. I'm sure once bevbor gets done this will be a great piece.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I found that one too. It measures in at about a foot long, right? And it is a PDF file; I believe the same guy did a Papercraft model of the MC in first-game armour, which stood at about a foot tall. I found the colouring of the hull was kinda dark, and it was rather difficult to get the bloody thing together (only ever managed to assemble the rear section, lol).

HeavyGunner said:
I scaled it to 30cm, so roughly a foot tall. It should be just big enough to seat all your mcfarlane figures comfortably in the cabin! ;)

Damn... a foot tall, you say? That would make it, what... about four feet long, then? That would make for one helluva display model, heh. When I can afford to pick up more card stock, I'm definately going to tackle this bad boy. Might even layer the base model in styrene and build up the surface details. All in all, it'll be exciting to put this thing together. I'll just have to figure out where to display something that big, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I found that one too. It measures in at about a foot long, right? And it is a PDF file; I believe the same guy did a Papercraft model of the MC in first-game armour, which stood at about a foot tall. I found the colouring of the hull was kinda dark, and it was rather difficult to get the bloody thing together (only ever managed to assemble the rear section, lol).
Damn... a foot tall, you say? That would make it, what... about four feet long, then? That would make for one helluva display model, heh. When I can afford to pick up more card stock, I'm definately going to tackle this bad boy. Might even layer the base model in styrene and build up the surface details. All in all, it'll be exciting to put this thing together. I'll just have to figure out where to display something that big, lol.

i was thinking about the same thing with styrene

I think that's what I just said, albeit in another way, my friend :p lol

Anyway, yeah... I think applying layered styrene over the card stock model should be sufficient, don't you? 110-lb card stock would be sturdy enough to carry the added weight of the styrene, so long as the proper adhesive agent was used to keep it all together.

Granted, there probably wouldn't be too much to add in terms of surface details (ie. "greeblies"), but I would plan on putting the plate detailing on the hull at the very least. That alone would add greatly to the overall appearance of it. Even have a technique in mind for applying slightly etched panel lines in the hull, so it should work.

SPARTAN II said:
I think that's what I just said, albeit in another way, my friend :p lol

Anyway, yeah... I think applying layered styrene over the card stock model should be sufficient, don't you? 110-lb card stock would be sturdy enough to carry the added weight of the styrene, so long as the proper adhesive agent was used to keep it all together.

Granted, there probably wouldn't be too much to add in terms of surface details (ie. "greeblies"), but I would plan on putting the plate detailing on the hull at the very least. That alone would add greatly to the overall appearance of it. Even have a technique in mind for applying slightly etched panel lines in the hull, so it should work.

Could do the pep model and then vacuuform the top and bottom of it and glue them together. That'd save you the trouble of trying to cut out all the styrene panels.

i might use this to trace on styrene then go from there

on BF note you could do that. the plug needs no detail on it but add it later

link4044 said:
i might use this to trace on styrene then go from there

on BF note you could do that. the plug needs no detail on it but add it later

Yeah, you would need to scratch build the transport bay when you got the 2 shells done.

Good idea there, BFD! That would definately make the initial build a lot easier to do. Less material needed, and for a lot of us cost is a major determining factor in our builds. Of course, I'd have to assemble myself a vacu-forming table first, lol. As for scratch-building the loading bay in the rear, all one needs is a little more styrene to put that part of it together. Gotta love styrene :D

HeavyGunner said:
Hey guys. I finished the unfold of the pelican. It's the lower detail model that bevbor put together. Enjoy!

That's insane! :)
Thank you!

Wow this is a insane model.. ITS JUST CRAZY!! thanks for the upload. :D
But still any cant anyone give a number(estimate) for a life size pelican for pepakura??
even though i do plan to make it out of steel.. :p any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back